Meryl Davis readies for 'DWTS' finale, talks relationship with Maks

May 18, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Charlie White may be out of the mix on " Dancing with the Stars ," but his long-time ice dance partner Meryl Davis is still in the hunt and will take to the ballroom to compete for the coveted mirror ball trophy during the long-running reality show's May 19 season finale.

Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated May 20, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MDee

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Lets hope the voting is fair, both by judges and call in since the last two votes many of my friends and I have been cut off at between four to eight votes saying the limit had been reached when voting for Meryl.
Pamela Wentzel

Newburgh, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

This season's DWTS has been, by far, the BEST season EVER. Some contestants that stayed on, really should have gone home much earlier.

I will be glued to the TV tomorrow evening watching DWTS, and I know I will not be disappointed.

Meryl and Maks deserve to win, and after all these years dancing with DWTS, Maks sure does deserve the win tomorrow night!!!!!!!
Charles Echeverri

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

There are others that deserve to still be around for the finals! And there is ONE that has no business being here......still.
Kisha

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Pamela and MDee, be prepared if your hopes could possibly be dampened. I, for one, am a first time viewer of DWTS, but now wonder if this is truly a dance competition and worth watching in the future. So far, my observations are that there have been indications that DWTS Season 18 is suspiciously RIGGED since the very beginning, from the time Amy Purdy, a fresh Paralympian Snowboarder, was invited by ABC to participate in the show and partnered immediately with Derek Hough. The producers and judges may have her in mind to be the chosen winner due to her condition and the popular perception of being an "inspiration" (rather than being best dancer)! Perhaps in the scheme of the show, a "Paralympian DWTS Winning Contender" is worthy of news headline that might pique people's interests in watching and raise their viewership ratings. However, there appear to be signs showing favoritism and giving undeserved high scores to Amy in order to realize a possible FIX, and for the viewers to think that she deserves to win!(If Amy didn't want sympathy votes, then, why did she not respond while Carrie Ann Inaba was commenting about not deducting her score because of her condition?) Amy apparently knows how to capitalize on her condition and her looks! She has been non-stop asking fans for votes, whether she's in the hospital bed or anywhere! She also exhibits undeniable determination and utmost confidence to win, so she must continue competing to the end (injured or not)! Most important, however, the producers cleverly involved a guaranteed vote-getter for Amy, for fear perhaps that Amy's win might be jeopardized because they didn't expect a stiff competition from others stars. In a recent interview, Derek stated that Amy gave a LIST OF PEOPLE WHO INSPIRE HER and one of them was OPRAH. It is obvious that the producers chose the influential OPRAH to make a televised call to Amy, and we all witnessed Oprah urging the viewers to vote for AMY! So, the OPRAH MACHINE will most likely seal a win for Amy! If Amy becomes the winner, then this competition is a glaring FARCE and total waste of other competitors' and PROs' talents, time and efforts (as well as ours).
shotgunrosie

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Max and Meryl deserve to win this one.... no ifs ands or buts..

Derek has done the best he can with the limitations that his partner has, and she does have limitations. He has depended on a lot of props..one dance was mostly props. I'm surprised they are back

A dancer should be able to do anything... Derek's partner has to have special choreography because of her limitations..... she would not be able to go to a dancer's audition. she is limited. I'm not saying she isn't dynamic, but she is still limited.

Max and Meryl have fire and passion.....and they move as one.
No easy feat, I know, I was a dancer....

This brings me to Candace...She would not make a dancer in a show if she refuses to wear a costume made for a specific number. I would not have signed her...I'm surprised she is dancing with someone not her husband...
Lena

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

I agree that Amy is an inspiration but I truly feel that Charlie should still be there and Amy should have been sent home. I also feel that Danica McKellar should be there instead of Candace Cameron Bure. I really hope that Meryl and Max win. She is really the most talented dancer on the show.
ellen1932

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

MDEE..I have read several commenters say they were also cut short of their number of votes when voting for Meryl. Something is not right!!!!!!!!!!
DWTS have you checked into this?
Erin goff

Wadsworth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

I think dancing with the start is a awesome show and maks and meryl should date cuz I think they would be a good couple and right done your thoughts please and it was talking about stuff
Anon Y Mous

Taylor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Kisha: So well said!! Yes, everything you said is spot on. And that's unfortunate. I lost all respect for Amy when she didn't speak up and then played the weepy pity party every week while doing things like sitting on a stool or scooting around on a table. People with disabilities who are TRULY brave and TRULY an inspiration would NEVER want to be pitied or given special treatment. Amy is a disgrace and so is this show.
Richard from Portland OR

Beaverton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Meryl and Max should definitely win this competition. They show so much chemistry.......in fact I hope they continue into a deeper relationship committment following the finale of this season. They truly compliment each other. I truly care for Amy and Derek ....but for the dance itself......definitely Meryl and Max
Carla M

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

I think that Charlie should still be there. I think Peta sort of sabotaged him because he was so good in favor of her James. And Dance Moms judge giving Max and Meryl an 8. She couldn't possibly be serious judging them like ballet dancers on point. I think Max made her mad when he said he didn't care about her opinion so she gave them a low score, had nothing to do with dancing. Meryl is the best dancer on the show and has always been on top of the leader board until the Dance Moms judge. Candace and Amy should have gone before Charlie. Oprah coming on and telling Amy she will take her to dinner if she wins was another thing that should not have been aired on the show. If Meryl and Max don't win, then the show is really rigged.
Shonda

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Maks and Meryl should be the winners! Their dances are so much fun to watch. I like the way their dances tell a story. Derek and Amy have been getting a lot of 10's even though Amy doesn't dance much in the routine and often there are mistakes that the judges ignore.
I would have loved to see Meryl, Charlie and James in the finale.
maria

Caracas, Venezuela

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Meryl and Maks are by far the winners.. if not I will never see DWTS again.. I love Derek but this time he should be gone with the nice Amy and give the real competitor CHARLIE his chance to be a runner-up ...and James with Peta in third place!!! Don't let DWTS be a farce of pity or stupid judges as the fat old Dance MOM
tnwoman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Agreed, Althouih Derek has done a geat job with Amy still maks nd Meryl should be the winners.. Meryl is the best dancer and theydeerve to win. Charlie should still be there, too. I really hope people vote for the best dancer, not for sympthy votes.
Suzanne

East Elmhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Meryl, Charlie, Danica, and James should be the finalists. Charlie was robbed of the chance. It sure looks like the results are rigged for Amy for the sake of TV ratings. It would be great if it were Meryl and Maks winnng--then it would be real. Wouldn't it have been great TV also to have Meryl and Charlie dance against each other as the final two?

Since: May 14

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Kisha wrote:
Pamela and MDee, be prepared if your hopes could possibly be dampened. I, for one, am a first time viewer of DWTS, but now wonder if this is truly a dance competition and worth watching in the future. So far, my observations are that there have been indications that DWTS Season 18 is suspiciously RIGGED since the very beginning, from the time Amy Purdy, a fresh Paralympian Snowboarder, was invited by ABC to participate in the show and partnered immediately with Derek Hough. The producers and judges may have her in mind to be the chosen winner due to her condition and the popular perception of being an "inspiration" (rather than being best dancer)! Perhaps in the scheme of the show, a "Paralympian DWTS Winning Contender" is worthy of news headline that might pique people's interests in watching and raise their viewership ratings. However, there appear to be signs showing favoritism and giving undeserved high scores to Amy in order to realize a possible FIX, and for the viewers to think that she deserves to win!(If Amy didn't want sympathy votes, then, why did she not respond while Carrie Ann Inaba was commenting about not deducting her score because of her condition?) Amy apparently knows how to capitalize on her condition and her looks! She has been non-stop asking fans for votes, whether she's in the hospital bed or anywhere! She also exhibits undeniable determination and utmost confidence to win, so she must continue competing to the end (injured or not)! Most important, however, the producers cleverly involved a guaranteed vote-getter for Amy, for fear perhaps that Amy's win might be jeopardized because they didn't expect a stiff competition from others stars. In a recent interview, Derek stated that Amy gave a LIST OF PEOPLE WHO INSPIRE HER and one of them was OPRAH. It is obvious that the producers chose the influential OPRAH to make a televised call to Amy, and we all witnessed Oprah urging the viewers to vote for AMY! So, the OPRAH MACHINE will most likely seal a win for Amy! If Amy becomes the winner, then this competition is a glaring FARCE and total waste of other competitors' and PROs' talents, time and efforts (as well as ours).
Well said! I sincerely hope you are wrong. Amy's performance has contained lots of routines where Derek literally dragged her around -- the table dance being the most glaring. I agree that she is a very strong person to even attempt this contest. However, she should not win based on "what she can do despite her handicap." I hope the Judges and voters can sit back and honestly ask themselves if she had her natural legs, could she dance as well as Meryl? I think that has to be "no". Meryl has an impeccable sense of music and movement -- in her hands, face, body and legs. Amy hasn't shown that. I think if Amy wins, this will be my last season of this show!

Since: May 14

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Suzanne wrote:
Meryl, Charlie, Danica, and James should be the finalists. Charlie was robbed of the chance. It sure looks like the results are rigged for Amy for the sake of TV ratings. It would be great if it were Meryl and Maks winnng--then it would be real. Wouldn't it have been great TV also to have Meryl and Charlie dance against each other as the final two?
Those were my picks for the final. Candace is only in because of her church following, which is ridiculous! Just because she is a submissive wife and church mom doesn't mean she can dance. She always looks uncomfortable and ill at ease. If she or Amy win, my time with this show is over. I feel strongly that Maks and Meryl should win. If they don't, my next choice (given who is left) is James. He's a good dancer, not the best, but he is adorable and has done nothing to try to pull in votes with anything personal like religion or disability! They should be judged on performance ONLY, not on their personal lives.
Erlinda

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

Charlie should be there and not Candace. Amy should have been sent home a long time ago.
carol

Budd Lake, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

I agree that this season's DWTS has been the best season. They've actually had STARS.....Most of them really good...I hope that Meryl and Max win. They are definitely the best by far.
Genevieve

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2014

Judged:

I wish all the contestant the best of luck. I think saying Amy is giving special treatment is not true. I respect the fact that she has the guts to get out their with her handicap and trying to perform in front of millions of people. I like Meryl and Mack and think they are doing a wonderful job with their dance performances. Again I wish them the best of luck. I would say all of the contestants having giving their best efforts and applause them. I look for the best in people and the DWTS is a wonderful show. I have been watching it seen it came on the air. I have enjoyed DWTS and hope that it is never taken off the air. We all have our favorite dancers, but we do not have to be so judgmental. I am looking forward to the finale and wish every one the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former purchasing agent arrested in theft case ... 8 min funny 3
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 42 min Trojan 27,035
Funeral Thursday for 3-year-old drowning victim... 1 hr Misty 41
Americans strongly opposed airstrikes in Syria ... 1 hr TRD 3
Fitzpatrick ready to lead Texans 1 hr swamptits 4
Tom Brady is Impossible 1 hr Christain 58
Tony Stewart roller coaster of emotions about n... 1 hr Kevin 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••