Four head coaching positions are open

Four head coaching positions are open

There are 310 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from May 24, 2008, titled Four head coaching positions are open. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

It's not just one major change for Alamogordo High School moving into the summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
jlouie

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 May 25, 2008
I'm wondering if the up coming new applicants will be screened any better than the previous ones.I can't believe they're still keeping the varsity basketball ball coach.Still again,I can't believe the A.D. is still being kept on himself.

Since: Mar 08

Alamogordo

#2 May 25, 2008
And if they could just get rid of the head band director, they might be able to get some respect back into that program as well.
Wow in Alamo

Alamogordo, NM

#3 May 25, 2008
jlouie wrote:
I'm wondering if the up coming new applicants will be screened any better than the previous ones.I can't believe they're still keeping the varsity basketball ball coach.Still again,I can't believe the A.D. is still being kept on himself.
Sounds like you have bitter grapes to spread about AHS. You should join the SHIFTY FIFTY posse. They have added a bunch of new recruits from the West Texas area to their "club". They are trying their hardest to take over the school and this small town. These newer individuals have latched onto the opinions and practices of the small minded group who believe they are upper class working for the good of all.

Ya right!!

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Pretty soon AHS will be sporting a new mascot/logo.....The Texas Longhorns. Oh brother.

This group is trying to get rid of EVERYONE that can possibly stand in their way. But that's not wrong???? Who are they to judge anyone? Are they perfect? NO!!! Check their closets and you will find many skeletons.

I hope the A.D. and the Head Boys Basketball coach stay strong and fight this sorry $$$ group of people and their narrow minded ways.

And "jlouie"?? What would anyone find if you were screened?

WOW so set up

Alamogordo, NM

#4 May 25, 2008
You guys have no clue Harris, Stockton, and Doddson are running things (Tanner is left out not enough money or positions on the court). Stockton will be the girls coach for one year thats when his daughter and the two others graduate. Gary was going to get fired by Harris if he didnt resign I know I wss at the meetings. Johnson has been in the dark for years and still is there is no respect for this guy and he is going also.
Just wait and see.

Since: May 08

Alamogordo

#5 May 25, 2008
There is more intrigue goin on at APS than a noon-time soap opera and more back-stabbing than at a political convention. There are a couple of people riding their 4% election turn-out "mandate" who are trying to personally run the district with puppet strings. It's not a pretty picture and, as Wow said, the fun is just beginning to heat up.
WOW so set up

Alamogordo, NM

#6 May 25, 2008
I_Thaw_A_Puddy_Tat wrote:
There is more intrigue goin on at APS than a noon-time soap opera and more back-stabbing than at a political convention. There are a couple of people riding their 4% election turn-out "mandate" who are trying to personally run the district with puppet strings. It's not a pretty picture and, as Wow said, the fun is just beginning to heat up.
You are so right and its the kids that will pay in the long run. To bad Harris, Stockton, and Doddson dont understand there are more than just their children involved.

Alamogordo, NM

#7 May 25, 2008
Heh, so I wonder what their chances are of NOT hiring a sex offender this time around?
Joe

Alamogordo, NM

#8 May 25, 2008
Maybe they will hire Lorrie Black to be the girls cheerleading coach, and Chelsie can be the assistant coach. Maybe that way AHS can get national exposure.
WOW so set up

Alamogordo, NM

#9 May 25, 2008
That school(being the kids)is in a lot of trouble and it didnt take as long as useall for the buddy buddy system to get in place with Harris which is really sad.
Lets leave Lorrie out of this one.
Michael Fowler

Fort Worth, TX

#10 May 25, 2008
You folks have only to look to a previous school board led by Harry Bloom for an explanation and reason for the demise of Tiger Athletics. When the board had a chance to purge the system of an inept and racist AD("Slick" Johnson) Harry was unable to follow up on his instincts. What you now have is a group of hand-me-down coaches and retreads who will never be able to compete with Las Cruces or other 5A programs. You should only pray that there were some "West Texas" coaches who could ride in and reverse the pathetic situation that is now Tiger athletics.
Fulton
Texas
Former educator and coach
Alamogordo Tigers
WOW so set up

Alamogordo, NM

#11 May 25, 2008
Harry Bloom along with the cowboy builders group where there so their kids could play sports while real athletes were left out or behind I think the people of Alamo know that story. Here in Alamo its not for all the kids its always for just mine. It goes back to the seventies.
haha BS

Alamogordo, NM

#12 May 25, 2008
You guys are so damn clueless! Its all the rich girls in the damn school getting their way like it has never happend before when it comes to basketball program anyway!
They wont do anything this year no matter the change they dont have the strength they did the past year to get 23 wins again. And there's no way they can out coach Abney up in LC, this whole thing is a damn joke! And as far as mayfield goes they wont beat them to get to the dsitrict championship so what was the point in going thru with this disgusting planned out event?! Rio Rancho or Cibola is gonna win state so umm no point in making the changes but i dont blame coach champman for leaving i wouldnt wanna be around a bunch of girls that treat me like shit either..."oh no we have to run suicides" like are you serious lets throw a fit cuz we know we can get our way and do everything in our power to bring down coach...for goodness sake its high school basketball!
dont even get me started on the equal playing time situation! ITS HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL this year if girls didnt complain about how much they were on the court they wouldve won district and state...but no they didnt play to win, they played to make the girls happy! and if they didnt good ol daddy with money made sure they did!
All i know is that your girls will never make it in college...daddy cant save you they dont care waht you think they will just get the next recruit off the list!!!!
Opinioness

Dos Palos, CA

#13 May 25, 2008
Wow in Alamo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have bitter grapes to spread about AHS. You should join the SHIFTY FIFTY posse. They have added a bunch of new recruits from the West Texas area to their "club". They are trying their hardest to take over the school and this small town. These newer individuals have latched onto the opinions and practices of the small minded group who believe they are upper class working for the good of all.
Ya right!!
Pretty soon AHS will be sporting a new mascot/logo.....The Texas Longhorns. Oh brother.
This group is trying to get rid of EVERYONE that can possibly stand in their way. But that's not wrong???? Who are they to judge anyone? Are they perfect? NO!!! Check their closets and you will find many skeletons.
I hope the A.D. and the Head Boys Basketball coach stay strong and fight this sorry $$$ group of people and their narrow minded ways.
Sorry, I am not trying to be rude, but what does the commitee of fifty have to do with the head coach positions being available? I don't see what one has to do with the other.
jlouie

Rio Rancho, NM

#14 May 25, 2008
Wow in Alamo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right!!
If they'd screen me they'd find that my oldest was Sr.Class Pres.w/a 3.9 GPA.,4yr.Golden Scholar,Off.lineman of the yr.NHS,Orch. My 2nd son was named 1st team all dist.fullback,all state hon men.voted to the north-south all star game, and the best basketball player at AHS that Madden and lawrence nixed because of their "player envy". i got nothing to hide on my end.How bout yourself??
WOW so set up

Alamogordo, NM

#15 May 25, 2008
Nothing to hide here its all true just a shame My daughter played and made it to the next level on her own

“Hot and bothered”

Algodones, NM

#18 May 25, 2008
bears34 wrote:
And if they could just get rid of the head band director, they might be able to get some respect back into that program as well.
What do you expect with salary discrepencies, that we would draw someone here with talent?
Tiger ALumni

Albuquerque, NM

#19 May 26, 2008

Ya right!!

I think what was meant when Jlouie suggested screening the coaches is avoiding another round of Mcintires, Javier Cruz's, and I believe Madden had a criminal rap sheet of his own if i remember correctly which anyone can search online, not to mention deconstructing a once proud program, politics aside, he is garbage

Oh yes and WOW in ALamo...with your "enemy" so specifically characterised, doesn't it kinda seem like you have the bitter grapes???
Tiger ALumni

Albuquerque, NM

#20 May 26, 2008
My last entry starts with a qoute from a previous entry....forgot to enclose it in qoutations...but if you read the previous entries you'll get the jist
Total BS

United States

#21 May 26, 2008
wow so set up and haha bs are so right!! you guys have no idea what goes on in that school. alot of you guys think everything is all fine and dandy!! those girls (stockton dodson and harris as new as she is) never liked chapman because they didnt play!! well the only person that really showed any type of potential was dodson! Harris cant remember a play to save her life she has a beautiful shot but low basketball IQ. stockton dont like chapman 1. because she favors her dad more. 2. because her dad baby's her more. and 3. because her dad gives her a pat on the back even if she does something wrong. technically thats why all of those girls want stockton as their coach. theyve been saying it from the beginning. because supposedly stockton has a better way with the girls than chapman does! Because they will get their way and stockton will baby them so he won't their feelings. Chapman didnt play that. he will yell at anyone on the team especially the starting 5 if they all messed up guess what you are coming out and sittin the bench. he dont care he will find someone to get the job done. that's what a coach does and if any girl doesn't like that then they need to give up their hopes of going to play any college sport. Chapman is no where near tough on those girls as he could have been. How ever if i were him i surely wouldnt want to coach them next year. they dont like him anyway and anyone knows if you dont like someone you aint gonna wanna listen to a thing they have to say no matter what! so whatever happens happens. They have to reap what they sow! and it seem like whenever a rich girl cries they their way. starting from the new school schedule of 7 classes rather than 4 because someone said it was harder!! DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE TO ANYONE!! 7 rather than 4!!! thats 3 extra classes!!! Volleyball all the girls hated their coach so one girl who is gonna be a senior next year(uh ummm dodson) stepped up to the parentals and discussed her problem. dad made sure that their coach would no longer be their coach!! Mrs. Ross should be thanked for what she has done for those girls. She didnt want that job she just helped program stay there. No one wanted that job because those girls are not good and have too much attitude! and they have not gotten as far as they did this year in YEARS!! but yet they dont like her and they almost went to state 1 game shy!! normally they would get knocked out 1st round in district tournament. and thats they thanks she gets " we dont like you so we want you gone your not a good coach!" So to all the lady tigers next year for both basketball and volleyball, if they so happen to do horrible next year, which they probably will, im laughin !
Signed,
GLAD IM NOT THERE NO MORE!!!

Alamogordo

#22 May 26, 2008
To dodson, harris, and the board: Oh what a Tangled Web We Weave When WE Practice To Deceive."--Burns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Not who you think 34,449
News Trump endorses boycott of NFL 3 hr Fart Bondo 607
News 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Current Info for All 32 Fi... (Jan '13) 9 hr Fart Release 264
News Activist burns Nazi-Confederate flag near NASCA... 13 hr Fart Hats 23
News Phelps in hot water again: Swimmer apologizes a... (Feb '09) 13 hr Fart Pool 210
News Father says softball team run unfairly (Apr '10) Fri Did U Fart 197
News FBI Raids Sommet Group In Cool Springs - NewsCh... (Jul '10) Fri That Farts 1,480
More from around the web