Tom Brady is Overrated

Tom Brady is Overrated

There are 10095 comments on the Dr. U story from Jan 14, 2006, titled Tom Brady is Overrated. In it, Dr. U reports that:

Tom Brady of the New England Patriots is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dr. U.

TMD

Bloomington, IN

#6355 Nov 25, 2008
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
You've stayed true to your predictions "Colts over Steelers, Vikes over Seahawks".
Hey Samantha!

I still feel pretty good about the AFC picks, but the Vikes and the Seahawks? What happened to them?
TMD

Bloomington, IN

#6356 Nov 25, 2008
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
I can dream, can't I?
Absolutely. All these predictions are just shots in the dark....

“Back at'cha!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere near you...

#6357 Nov 25, 2008
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. All these predictions are just shots in the dark....
The Jets seem to be pretty fired up and I'm not so sure that the Colts and Chargers could easily beat them.
Joe

Gloucester, MA

#6358 Nov 25, 2008
Tom Brady is very OVERRATED! Matt Cassel is by far a much better athlete and will be a much better quarterback in the future if he stays with the Patriots. Brady was nobody until he met Bill Belichick. I read this great article which really made me understand how good Matt Cassel is. I recommend reading it to anyone who questions his play on the field. Read this:

http://cavallere.com/2008/11/23/cassel-leads-...

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#6359 Nov 25, 2008
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Samantha!
I still feel pretty good about the AFC picks, but the Vikes and the Seahawks? What happened to them?
Ball State 45 W Michigan 22 3:10 left in the game
TMD

Bloomington, IN

#6360 Nov 25, 2008
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jets seem to be pretty fired up and I'm not so sure that the Colts and Chargers could easily beat them.
They may be fired up, but they aren't inspiring any confidence in me.

Last week they beat a mentally worn down Titans team that couldn't take the pressure of being undefeated. The week before that they barely beat a Pats team in a game in which they held a 24-6 lead. That Jets secondary gave up over 400 passing yards. Not good.

Two weeks prior to the Pats game Favre threw 3 INTs and the Jets had to come from behind in the last minute of the game to barely beat KC. Not good.

Say what you want about the Colts or the Chargers, but both of those teams have a very dependable and steady defense. The Colts have their problems against the run, but they have a very good pass defense, and they keep teams out of the end zone. They also have the #1 offense in the league in converting third downs and scoring TDs in the red zone. Manning would feast on the Jets secondary.

The Chargers have been the model of consistency this year, losing 3 games by 1 point, 1 game by 2 points and another by 3. A couple of those losses have had very questionable endings. They are still considered one of (if not THE most) talented team in the league. The only thing holding them back is Norv Turner. I've asked this before, and I'll ask again: How does that guy keep getting HC jobs?
TMD

Bloomington, IN

#6361 Nov 25, 2008
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Ball State 45 W Michigan 22 3:10 left in the game
Blowout complete! BSU finishes a 12-0 season with an exclamation point. The only team that even came close to beating them lost by a TD. They beat everyone else by 2 TDs, or more.

All they have left now is the conference title game against 7-4 Buffalo.

I'm dying to see how the BCC handles this....

“Back at'cha!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere near you...

#6362 Nov 25, 2008
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
They may be fired up, but they aren't inspiring any confidence in me.
Last week they beat a mentally worn down Titans team that couldn't take the pressure of being undefeated. The week before that they barely beat a Pats team in a game in which they held a 24-6 lead. That Jets secondary gave up over 400 passing yards. Not good.
Two weeks prior to the Pats game Favre threw 3 INTs and the Jets had to come from behind in the last minute of the game to barely beat KC. Not good.
Say what you want about the Colts or the Chargers, but both of those teams have a very dependable and steady defense. The Colts have their problems against the run, but they have a very good pass defense, and they keep teams out of the end zone. They also have the #1 offense in the league in converting third downs and scoring TDs in the red zone. Manning would feast on the Jets secondary.
The Chargers have been the model of consistency this year, losing 3 games by 1 point, 1 game by 2 points and another by 3. A couple of those losses have had very questionable endings. They are still considered one of (if not THE most) talented team in the league. The only thing holding them back is Norv Turner. I've asked this before, and I'll ask again: How does that guy keep getting HC jobs?
Norv is the main reason I doubt them.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Akron, Ohio

#6363 Nov 26, 2008
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Blowout complete! BSU finishes a 12-0 season with an exclamation point. The only team that even came close to beating them lost by a TD. They beat everyone else by 2 TDs, or more.
All they have left now is the conference title game against 7-4 Buffalo.
I'm dying to see how the BCC handles this....
Ditto that thought. The MAC usually gets shunned, though. I'm so proud of them.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Akron, Ohio

#6364 Nov 26, 2008
Hey, it's a myth that turkey makes you sleepy. It's all the starch in everything combined. I guess what I'm saying is, eat lots of turkey tomorrow.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Akron, Ohio

#6365 Nov 26, 2008
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the same thing they did last year when it was Boston and New York. The problem is that there are few teams west of the Pecos that are worth talking about these days, unfortunately. I wish San Francisco, Oakland or Denver wern't so mediocre. Shoot, I wish Los Angleles even had a team! I shouldn't say that too loudly because Wayne Huizenga is looking to sell the Dolphins.
I was thinking the same thing abut the west coast. Being a Raids' fan, and my son being a 9er's fan, I am most aware of the west coast syndrome. Pendulum has swung this way for now.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Akron, Ohio

#6366 Nov 26, 2008
Joe wrote:
Tom Brady is very OVERRATED! Matt Cassel is by far a much better athlete and will be a much better quarterback in the future if he stays with the Patriots. Brady was nobody until he met Bill Belichick. I read this great article which really made me understand how good Matt Cassel is. I recommend reading it to anyone who questions his play on the field. Read this:
http://cavallere.com/2008/11/23/cassel-leads-...
Brady deserves to go back to his starting job. Cassel has more to learn and more "dues" to be paid. It's an NFL thing.

Glad they got him, though. Like the kid.
Derek

Buffalo, NY

#6367 Nov 26, 2008
Brady isn't overrated.

He's just not the best QB ever.

I think that Peyton MAnning is a better overall QB than Brady.

With his injury, Cassel's success proved that Brady was just a system QB. Great QB though.
BAMA LUVA

Roy, WA

#6368 Nov 26, 2008
back2back wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a chill pill....and be still. It was amusing that you asked such a question seeing as it's posted to the right of you that's all.(the schedule that is) Besides, it got the discussion ball rolling in here didnt it?
Well, if I wanted to ask the question, they could have just answered it instead of asking me all these questions like ~why didnt I just watch the NFL network?~ Its like they cant handle answering a simple question. ;)

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Akron, Ohio

#6369 Nov 26, 2008
Derek wrote:
Brady isn't overrated.
He's just not the best QB ever.
I think that Peyton MAnning is a better overall QB than Brady.
With his injury, Cassel's success proved that Brady was just a system QB. Great QB though.
So, how do you feel about Belichick? Despite all, keep on keepin' on?
Football Historian

Santa Barbara, CA

#6370 Nov 27, 2008
Just finished watching the NFL network in which they ranked the top 10 gutsiest players ever.

1. Jack Youngblood
2. Kellen Winslow
3. Ronnie Lott
4. Emmitt Smith
5. Brett Favre
6. Gale Sayers
7. Terrell Davis
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Dan Pastorini
10.Donovan McNabb

Followed by Top 10 records that will never be broken.
1. Don Shula wins 347 games as a head coach
2. Johnny Unitas throws TD's in 47 consecutive games
3. Brett Favre His current streak of consecutive starts
4. Tampa Bay Bucaneers lose 26 straight games
5. Don Hutson leads the league in TD's 8 times
6. San Francisco 49ers win 18 straight road games from 1988-1990
7. Tom Landry Coached same team for 29 straight seasons
8. Miami Dolphins The 1972 perfect season
9. Otto Graham Played in 10 straight championship games{4 in AAFC}
10. Derrick Thomas 7 sacks in a game

Some great performers and performances here but none from my Patriots.
TMD

Amarillo, TX

#6371 Nov 27, 2008
Football Historian wrote:
Just finished watching the NFL network in which they ranked the top 10 gutsiest players ever.
1. Jack Youngblood
2. Kellen Winslow
3. Ronnie Lott
4. Emmitt Smith
5. Brett Favre
6. Gale Sayers
7. Terrell Davis
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Dan Pastorini
10.Donovan McNabb
Followed by Top 10 records that will never be broken.
1. Don Shula wins 347 games as a head coach
2. Johnny Unitas throws TD's in 47 consecutive games
3. Brett Favre His current streak of consecutive starts
4. Tampa Bay Bucaneers lose 26 straight games
5. Don Hutson leads the league in TD's 8 times
6. San Francisco 49ers win 18 straight road games from 1988-1990
7. Tom Landry Coached same team for 29 straight seasons
8. Miami Dolphins The 1972 perfect season
9. Otto Graham Played in 10 straight championship games{4 in AAFC}
10. Derrick Thomas 7 sacks in a game
Some great performers and performances here but none from my Patriots.
Hmmmm, seems to me that at least a couple of those records are going to fall:

1. Don Shula's record is safe

2. Johnny Unitas' record will eventually fall as the NFL continues to tweak the rules to provide more scoring. In addition to the tweaks, the linemen have gotten SO big that it's inevitable that the offenses will stop trying to run and become pass-happy. The league will become inundated with Wesley Walker receivers. Hello 50 straight games of TD passes and NO rushing TDs.

3. Brett Favre's streak will be broken by Peyton AND Eli Manning.

4. Tampa Bay will finally get their name removed from the #1 spot ten games into next year by the woeful Lions.

5. Don Hutson's record of leading the league in TDs is safe. There are far too many talented players who run and catch the ball for one player to dominate the entire league that many times...I think.

6. SF's record of winning 18 straight road games is safe. Two and a half years of not losing a road game is a long time. If a team was going to do it, it would have been the Pats. The record is safe.

7. Tom Landry's record is safe. I can't imagine anyone even remaining a HC for longer.

8. The mystical, magical '72 season of the Dolphins will be matched, just not anytime soon. There will be another team that goes undefeated, and this time they'll finish the job.

9. Otto Graham's record of 10 straight championships will never happen again. Even if you discount his first 4 (because they were AAFC championships), no one will ever go to 6 straight championships, again.

10. Derrick Thomas will not hold the record of the most sacks in 1 game forever. I doj't even think it will be that long before a monstrously oversized DE breaks it.

There you go. Unbreakable records debunked.

Everybody have a great Turkey Day!!
Football Historian

Santa Barbara, CA

#6372 Nov 27, 2008
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you people have lost your minds. Let's not anoint the Jets, yet. There are at least 4 teams in the AFC that could easily beat them:
1. Steelers
2. Patriots
3. Chargers
4. Colts
Come playoff time it's a whole new game. Jets go down in flames. I would put my money on the Steelers or the Colts to represent the AFC in Tampa.
You wouldn't put the Titans in the top 4 to beat the Jets come playoff time? And why do you list the Chargers in there when they are 4-7 to this point?

“Floyd, Zep, Beatles, Doors”

Since: Oct 08

Nowheres, USA

#6373 Nov 27, 2008
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how do you feel about Belichick? Despite all, keep on keepin' on?
Belicheck? You mean the guy that took a team to three superbowls, won them all, loses both his coordinators, still does good, loses a coordinator AGAIN, still does good, leads the best offense to ever play in a single season, and lose his MVP quarterback and still keep in the playoff race?

Yeah, he's pretty good :)

“Floyd, Zep, Beatles, Doors”

Since: Oct 08

Nowheres, USA

#6374 Nov 27, 2008
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you people have lost your minds. Let's not anoint the Jets, yet. There are at least 4 teams in the AFC that could easily beat them:
1. Steelers
2. Patriots
3. Chargers
4. Colts
Come playoff time it's a whole new game. Jets go down in flames. I would put my money on the Steelers or the Colts to represent the AFC in Tampa.
What are you smoking???

The Chargers???

Are you kidding me?

They are a lost cause. Im a bills fan, and the BUFFALO BILLS beat them. The Jets would man handle them. Im really scard of that under 500 chargers team....they wont even make the playoffs.

Jets are third best team in AFC behind Tennessee and Pittsburgh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr EdPhart 33,090
News Mother's day open houses set 6 hr DayPhart 2
News Sam Bradford a players champion and the Viking'... 17 hr SpinningPhartzx 8
News Minnesota Vikings' four biggest question marks ... 17 hr BearsPhartzx 26
News Varsity (Feb '08) 18 hr You Phartsz 5
News No More Excuses: Jeff Gorton Has To Make His Ma... 20 hr MorePhartsc 2
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Tue Find phartse 225
More from around the web