Could New York Knicks Swing Trade for...

Could New York Knicks Swing Trade for Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah?

There are 38 comments on the Sports Media 101 story from May 6, 2014, titled Could New York Knicks Swing Trade for Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah?. In it, Sports Media 101 reports that:

Knicks 101 provides 24/7 obsessive sports coverage of the New York Knicks as a part of Sports Media 101 .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sports Media 101.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
will soon see big moves

Queensbury, NY

#21 May 8, 2014
The protocol in all pro sports is not to distract fro playoffs, championship games etc with trades or personnel moves. Now that the 1st round is over e could start seeing some Major Knick action. I do believe Phil is no fool and knows taking the NY gig meant circulating and percolating..he has a plan and we will son se it unfold. The unknown is or the fans value to generate chatter and interest. bottom line we should or might as well get behind Phil now...the new thought of Mark Jackson adds excitement who noes he has matured with working with the business/front office. He has earned the respect of players, fan base & ownership. Coaching is tough enough throw in some politics ugghhh and NY the Meccca of Hoops with winning way over-due The fans want the best out of every move made. Guards are like catchers in baseball ( Jason Kidd etc. They have an edge with seeing the entire court and knowing the game, can they do eveythingelse ??? hats part of the fun for fans to watch. You think about the make-up of San Anton, those guys play for a coach that keeps the goal simple, run the offense, play D and we will win. He's not about coddling , unnecessary chatter heck they may play with that system forever. GO KNIICKS it took a little time but Phil is going to make NY Special again.....and a winner too
Sasa

Zagreb, Croatia

#22 May 8, 2014
mario wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago Bulls are one and done son! They want Carmelo but and Knicks want Noah and now it's time for Noah to go to another team like the Knicks and he would be one more piece to the almost finished puzzle. Bulls owner is too cheap to acquire more pieces to push them to the top so Bulls will be mediocre for year to come! They got rid of 2 good pieces last year and that's why they were mediocre. Nate Robinson and Luol Deng were key pieces but cheap Bulls owner wouldn't pay them.
Hahahaha.....everything you just wrote counts....only if you replace teams. "The Knicks are almost finished puzzle"....hahahaha....ye ar right, they haven't even started the puzzle let alone finish it. On the other hand, the Bulls are right there with the best, they only had a misfortune of missing their best player to contend. The Knicks want to be where the Bulls are, and they could get Noah only if Jerry Reinsdorf gets drunk and drives him to New York, gives him for nothing because thats exactly what the Knicks have, nothing to offer. When Anthony leaves the Knicks this summer, their biggest competition will be Milwaukee Bucks for the last spot in the league.
Honkee Magoo

United States

#23 May 8, 2014
Noah is going nowhere, especially to the "have nothing of value to offer" Knicks
I don't want the Knicks to suck; I enjoy their perpetual mediocrity. I especially love that they think Melo is the guy to build around. that ensures they will be stuck in neutral until he is gone. GO PHIL! Keep 'em just out of reach of getting average.
mario

Springfield Gardens, NY

#24 May 8, 2014
Mike wrote:
New York can keep Melo. Next year we get Rose back, Mirotic comes over from Europe and we have 2 first round picks to make our offense more competitive. Additionally, Bulls can amnesty Boozer and free up cap to bring in another player. Melo is like Dwight Howard good but selfish players who don't have the ability to make others around them better just pad their own stats. Those guys never elevate the play of those around them so no thanks.
What's next for Rose after 2 bad knees, bad hands?
mario

Springfield Gardens, NY

#25 May 8, 2014
you're hopeless and clearly in denial! Enjoy Rose with 2 useless knees and an owner that's way toooooooo cheap to take your team to the next level. Bulls will always be mediocre and middle of the pack until they find a cheap cloned Michael Jordan which I sincerely doubt! Knicks will get Thibideau soon!
mario

Springfield Gardens, NY

#26 May 8, 2014
yoda wrote:
I WOULD SIGN MARK JACKSON AS COACH FIRST! THEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET RONDO IN A KNICK UNIFORM! THE REST WILL FALL IN PLACE ! IF TYSON WANNA LEAVE "GOODBYE"! SAY HELLO TO OMAR ASIK OUR NEW STARTING CENTER! NEXT!
If I were Jackson I would convince Thibideau to leave the Bulls because their cheap owner don't want to spend to make the team better and bring many parades to Broadway NY!
mario

Springfield Gardens, NY

#27 May 8, 2014
Honkee Magoo wrote:
Noah is going nowhere, especially to the "have nothing of value to offer" Knicks
I don't want the Knicks to suck; I enjoy their perpetual mediocrity. I especially love that they think Melo is the guy to build around. that ensures they will be stuck in neutral until he is gone. GO PHIL! Keep 'em just out of reach of getting average.
CrysalMeth is not good for you!
mario

Springfield Gardens, NY

#28 May 8, 2014
Honkee Magoo wrote:
That's what you want to believe that Noah is not going anywhere! Noah will help to Build An Ark in NY and you can't stop it! Stay in Denial!
mario

Springfield Gardens, NY

#29 May 8, 2014
Cobby wrote:
<quoted text>
The only overrated player on the Knicks is Melo. That guy don't play defense, don't hustle, disappears when it counts, take way too many shots, don't believe in passing the ball, doesn't make anyone around him better.......I can go on. If he Knicks they are going to win a championship with Melo or JR taking fade always from the three point line then its going to be another long decade.
Your Brooklyn/Russian Nyets are Very Expensive Most Expensive NBA Team Actually and are Soooo Overrated and OLD and will get Swept by the Heat soon enough! Prok has tried sooooooooo hard to get Melo to go to Brooklyn but Melo Chose Broadway and the Mecca Instead! I understand that you're soo bitter and cannot get over it. Instead you're stuck with mediocre expensive players and no Cap Space in sight. Next stop for Nyets, Russia!
Dick

Hoffman Estates, IL

#30 May 8, 2014
I HATE NEW YORK AND ALL THESE NYK FANS.
Knicks are a disappointment as a franchise
mario

Springfield Gardens, NY

#31 May 8, 2014
Dick wrote:
I HATE NEW YORK AND ALL THESE NYK FANS.
Knicks are a disappointment as a franchise
You're Butt Hurt that why! EAT CROW!
Yahoo sucks

Brooklyn, NY

#32 May 8, 2014
What is this old piece of shit site - TOPIX - paying another old piece of shit site - Yahoo to get lead ins.
Who cares what you morons think about anything.
Mike Slowik

Bloomingdale, IL

#33 May 16, 2014
Absolutely Noah is all but Done in Chicago he will be gone next year. He was over hyped all year long by Chicago announcers only to be scorched in the playoffs AGAIN
Mike Slowik

Bloomingdale, IL

#34 May 16, 2014
mario wrote:
<quoted text>What's next for Rose after 2 bad knees, bad hands?
I will take the NY draft picks for Noah absolutely
IKARIA1

Elk Grove Village, IL

#35 May 17, 2014
TRADE INJURY PRONE ROSE FOR A SCORING MELO &. DRAFT A POINT GUARD & LET AUGUSTINE HOLD THE POSITION UNTILL THE ROOKIE IS READY!
Leon the Great Larroc

Las Vegas, NV

#36 May 17, 2014
New York Knicks are in a disaster! No chemistry with that roster they have now. The Zen Master will not be able to save them, NO WAY!!! At least not anytime soon. And Knick fans are still sour from the 90s when the Bulls kept sending them home in the playoffs lol. "No Ring Ewing" having ***. If Melo was smart, he'd leave NY in a heartbeat. Don't matter where he goes, Chicago, Houston, L.A., etc...

The only thing positive for the Knicks is that the Eastern Conference is weak!
andy

Chattanooga, TN

#37 May 17, 2014
forget anthony. Chicago doesn''t want that type of personality.
No heart in newyork

Hoffman Estates, IL

#38 May 19, 2014
koko wrote:
Brian C - and you people in Chicago can stop daydreaming about getting Melo.
You can keep local boy Derrick Rose, who can't stay healthy and never deserved MVP in the first place
You need to look at what MVP stands for son. Derrick rose was most definitely the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER that season. He meant the most to his team and no other player was on his level that year, go watch some game footage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump says NFL should fire players who kneel du... 49 min Raiders phart 7
News These are weird times for the high-scoring Rams... 2 hr Raiderz Phartz 2
News Kentucky Wildcats Basketball 2017-18 Team Photo 3 hr Photo pharts 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr LMFAO phart 34,230
News Logano forced to watch practice as part of NASC... 7 hr SoPhartse 2
News Oklahoma, Tulsa counties try to fight health pr... 9 hr FreePhaartz 4
News Will Meghan join Harry at launch of Invictus Ga... 12 hr WillPharts 2
More from around the web