DA: Anderson crime rate drops 7th yea...

DA: Anderson crime rate drops 7th year in a row

There are 15 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from May 23, 2014, titled DA: Anderson crime rate drops 7th year in a row. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

For the seventh year in a row, the overall crime rate in Anderson County has decreased, District Attorney General Dave Clark said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Please

United States

#1 Jun 5, 2014
That is a JOKE !!!!!
invisibly

Nashville, TN

#2 Jun 9, 2014
This crime survey must have been taken by preschoolers. Crime has nearly doubled!
Chad From Florida

Oak Ridge, TN

#3 Jun 13, 2014
It's more than doubled! It's went up ten fold since the mid 2000s.
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#4 Jun 14, 2014
That is bull$hit and we all know it!!!
curious citizen

United States

#5 Jun 17, 2014
Where are you guys getting your statistics? Doubled? Tenfold?
please back that up with facts.
Johnny

Oak Ridge, TN

#6 Jun 18, 2014
curious citizen wrote:
Where are you guys getting your statistics? Doubled? Tenfold?
please back that up with facts.
From life. Go out and look around in Anderson County and compare it to when you did the same thing years ago, if you've been around long enough.
curious citizen

United States

#7 Jun 18, 2014
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
From life. Go out and look around in Anderson County and compare it to when you did the same thing years ago, if you've been around long enough.
Again that is pretty vague. How do I "go out and look around" to see crime. What do I look for? Will I openly observe people in the act of committing crime? Is it just in your neighborhood?
I see people texting and driving. That is a crime. It's a modern day issue.
Is that the fault of the county? How about all the "disabled" people and "Tenncare" thieves?
They are committing fraud. Is that the county officials fault?
I just love how you blame the officials for the problems of the people. Seems to me it all goes back to upbringing, not government.
And no I don't work for the county I work for a doctor. But I do believe in taking responsibility for my own actions, and not blaming the police or elected officials.
Johnny

Oak Ridge, TN

#8 Jun 18, 2014
curious citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again that is pretty vague. How do I "go out and look around" to see crime. What do I look for? Will I openly observe people in the act of committing crime? Is it just in your neighborhood?
I see people texting and driving. That is a crime. It's a modern day issue.
Is that the fault of the county? How about all the "disabled" people and "Tenncare" thieves?
They are committing fraud. Is that the county officials fault?
I just love how you blame the officials for the problems of the people. Seems to me it all goes back to upbringing, not government.
And no I don't work for the county I work for a doctor. But I do believe in taking responsibility for my own actions, and not blaming the police or elected officials.
This proves my point. The information you're attempting to reference covers ANDERSON COUNTY not just the places you are in. Just because the crime hasn't made it to your area, doesn't mean there isn't a problem. It doesn't say crime is down in "curious citizen's" neighborhood, now does it.

Let's see your citation! I can do this all day.
I
Johnny

Oak Ridge, TN

#9 Jun 18, 2014
curious citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again that is pretty vague. How do I "go out and look around" to see crime. What do I look for? Will I openly observe people in the act of committing crime? Is it just in your neighborhood?
I see people texting and driving. That is a crime. It's a modern day issue.
Is that the fault of the county? How about all the "disabled" people and "Tenncare" thieves?
They are committing fraud. Is that the county officials fault?
I just love how you blame the officials for the problems of the people. Seems to me it all goes back to upbringing, not government.
And no I don't work for the county I work for a doctor. But I do believe in taking responsibility for my own actions, and not blaming the police or elected officials.
Where does it say I blame the officials? I never sad that; you shouldn't read into things that aren't there. I said crime has went up, I didn't place blame on anyone.
Johnny

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 Jun 18, 2014
"I see people texting and driving. That is a crime. It's a modern day issue.
Is that the fault of the county? How about all the "disabled" people and "Tenncare" thieves?
They are committing fraud. Is that the county officials fault?
I just love how you blame the officials for the problems of the people. Seems to me it all goes back to upbringing, not government.'

So you agree; crime is up then.
Lets focus on the more serious problems first though rather than do something like...I don't know, change the speed limit so we can generate more ticket money...Oh wait, our "officials" just did that. Yet we still have a pill problem and a meth problem. Anderson is known as the meth capitol. I bet you didn't know that since you don't get out much.

And once again, I haven't mentioned anything about government, or local"officials", as you call them until now.
If only we could rein in more serious problems like traffic issues...Oh yeah our "officials" did that too by putting up fraudulent traffic cameras. You're right, it's not our "officials, or government's fault that they fovus on punishing good citizens over pill jockeys and drug fiends; but I bet none of this goes on in your Anderson County. hahaha
I would say you need to wake up, but it makes no difference to me.
Johnny

Oak Ridge, TN

#11 Jun 18, 2014
Our "officials", as you call them are guilty of not doing their jobs. They tell you what you want to hear to get elected then do the least amount of work possible to get a paycheck. When they are confronted about it, they say they tried their best.

I wish I could get a job that I didn't have to do my best. I could tell my boss how I tried my best, but it just wasn't good enough and see what he says.
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#12 Jun 18, 2014
curious citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again that is pretty vague. How do I "go out and look around" to see crime. What do I look for? Will I openly observe people in the act of committing crime? Is it just in your neighborhood?
I see people texting and driving. That is a crime. It's a modern day issue.
Is that the fault of the county? How about all the "disabled" people and "Tenncare" thieves?
They are committing fraud. Is that the county officials fault?
I just love how you blame the officials for the problems of the people. Seems to me it all goes back to upbringing, not government.
And no I don't work for the county I work for a doctor. But I do believe in taking responsibility for my own actions, and not blaming the police or elected officials.
When you have low paying jobs, you'll have.

1) high crime

2) high use of drugs

3) poor schools. Trust me look where Anderson county and clinton schools rank in the nation!

4) families that break up

5) folks with low esteem

6) and you'll have the same ones in power and that have been in power for years!

Just look around you. Go to the grocery store and buy a pack of gum... Look how everyone pays for their food!! EBT cards!
Take a look at just busted magazine and ask yourself how is it that crime went down down however we got four pages of new criminals!!!
Yo mama

United States

#13 Jun 19, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have low paying jobs, you'll have.
1) high crime
2) high use of drugs
3) poor schools. Trust me look where Anderson county and clinton schools rank in the nation!
4) families that break up
5) folks with low esteem
6) and you'll have the same ones in power and that have been in power for years!
Just look around you. Go to the grocery store and buy a pack of gum... Look how everyone pays for their food!! EBT cards!
Take a look at just busted magazine and ask yourself how is it that crime went down down however we got four pages of new criminals!!!
BLAH BLAH, drugs, schools, low self esteem, blah blah, WAH, WAH, EBT carts, people in power are the devil! Blah Blah
WE KNOW- now get off your fat ass and do something constructive.
just curious

United States

#14 Jun 19, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have low paying jobs, you'll have.
1) high crime
2) high use of drugs
3) poor schools. Trust me look where Anderson county and clinton schools rank in the nation!
4) families that break up
5) folks with low esteem
6) and you'll have the same ones in power and that have been in power for years!
Just look around you. Go to the grocery store and buy a pack of gum... Look how everyone pays for their food!! EBT cards!
Take a look at just busted magazine and ask yourself how is it that crime went down down however we got four pages of new criminals!!!
Oh I will hang on every word you said! I have such a new respect for you now that I know you stay current on "JUST BUSTED!"
Johnny

Oak Ridge, TN

#15 Jun 20, 2014
Yo mama wrote:
<quoted text>
BLAH BLAH, drugs, schools, low self esteem, blah blah, WAH, WAH, EBT carts, people in power are the devil! Blah Blah
WE KNOW- now get off your fat ass and do something constructive.
As I stated elsewhere, the first step is informing those who will listen, which is happening here.
It's a much better strategy than ignoring it.
But go ahead, when it gets to the point you can't ignore it anymore, I guess you'll just feel like a dumbass like the rest of your kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Dolphins: What will be the role of Greg J... 18 min GBPmies 21
News Aaron Hernandez Fast Facts 35 min tom wingo 3
News New England Patriots are Loaded with Tight End ... 1 hr tom wingo 3
News New York Jets: A team in transition for 2015 1 hr tom wingo 3
News New York Jets: Wise decision cutting Matt Simms? 1 hr tom wingo 5
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr tom wingo 29,784
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 1 hr stewart scott 2,102
More from around the web