Mountain City double murder baffles i...

Mountain City double murder baffles investigators; baby found alive in slain mother's arms

There are 178 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Feb 1, 2012, titled Mountain City double murder baffles investigators; baby found alive in slain mother's arms. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

MOUNTAIN CITY, Tenn. - The Johnson County Sheriff's Department is searching for clues in the shooting deaths of a man and woman in their home at 128 James Davis Lane on Tuesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Webster

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 1, 2012
What kind of monster would shoot a mother with her baby in her arms and just let her drop there holding the poor child? Johnson County should be very worried until they find whoever did this, because clearly, there's nothing he or she won't do.
wow

Columbia, MO

#2 Feb 1, 2012
that is just sick really at least the child is ok though lets pray that child be spared from mental pain and suffering from the loss of its mother

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 1, 2012
Webster wrote:
What kind of monster would shoot a mother with her baby in her arms and just let her drop there holding the poor child? Johnson County should be very worried until they find whoever did this, because clearly, there's nothing he or she won't do.
Whoever did this was either out of their mind because of drugs, or they are just Killers with no conscience about doing it. What was reported as being done & the way it was done just seems to idicate a cold-bloodedness to me, that you don't hear about every day, especially in small rural areas. Shooting is one thing but this seems almost Personal, to me, & done by somebody filled with hate for the Man. I think the Woman was killed just to eliminate the Witness. Whatever the reason or whoever did it, one thing seems perfectly clear, IMO, they wouldn't think twice about killing somebody else. So People, in that area, please be cautious & be very vigilant!!! Watch everything & everybody until this or these Killer or Killers are caught! Don't let your Guard down, in the least! Just use common sense & try to stay safe! Report anything suspicious that you see to your Local Authorities!
Doors always locked

Johnson City, TN

#4 Feb 1, 2012
i have been scared to death, living a mile away from the murder scene but our trusty local authorities have said we are safe when they don't even have a gun, knife or reason why this happened so how can we really be safe.

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 1, 2012
I hope the Knoxville News Sentinel's "Mountain City double murder baffles investigators..." is an example of half-baked journalism. Seems to be premature to use the word "baffles" within the first 24 hours.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 1, 2012
elle1 wrote:
I hope the Knoxville News Sentinel's "Mountain City double murder baffles investigators..." is an example of half-baked journalism. Seems to be premature to use the word "baffles" within the first 24 hours.
The TBI & FBI will not tell the public everything they know, they'll only tell the Public what they want the Killers to know & nothing more. They play their cards close to their chests.

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 1, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
The TBI & FBI will not tell the public everything they know, they'll only tell the Public what they want the Killers to know & nothing more. They play their cards close to their chests.
I continue to hope. I am still hoping they can put these in the sub-basement of a penitentiary with an hour a day in a private exercise yard. We had rain today, and that couple, especially the young mother and that baby boy, came to mind all day.
I am also sorry about your cousin and especially for the boy's dad you mentioned. And mom?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#8 Feb 1, 2012
elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I continue to hope. I am still hoping they can put these in the sub-basement of a penitentiary with an hour a day in a private exercise yard. We had rain today, and that couple, especially the young mother and that baby boy, came to mind all day.
I am also sorry about your cousin and especially for the boy's dad you mentioned. And mom?
Thank you elle. I was already concerned for the Families of these Victims, as well as for the safety of the People of your area. It seemed to me an especially gruesome crime. But, then an early morning phone call hit alittle closer to my home, which brought on thoughts of how can People suffer so much pain, as well as thoughts of, "But for the Grace of God, go I". As I've said before, events like these tend to make me think about the truly important things In Life & put them all in perspective, at least for awhile.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#9 Feb 1, 2012
elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I continue to hope. I am still hoping they can put these in the sub-basement of a penitentiary with an hour a day in a private exercise yard. We had rain today, and that couple, especially the young mother and that baby boy, came to mind all day.
I am also sorry about your cousin and especially for the boy's dad you mentioned. And mom?
Elle, do you believe in the Death Penalty? I do, for certain crimes, & this would be one of them.

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#10 Feb 1, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Elle, do you believe in the Death Penalty? I do, for certain crimes, & this would be one of them.
No, intellectually at least, I believe that a nation cannot be in the killing business. If we believe "Thou shalt not kill," then our state has to hold that ideal and live by it.
Now, my gut instinct tells me that I want those men to die or that I could actually let someone else live up to that ideal while I would enjoy being on the firing squad. But the same evil instinct tells me that the sub-basement would be adequate punishment.
Imagine not walking into the kitchen when you want a cup of coffee.
Not ever in this life.

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 Feb 1, 2012
Really Sassy,
There is something about the effects of incarceration in handing out justice. People like these killers or especially like Joran Van der Sloot, for example, can continue to cause misery in prison and victimize people who are possibly not as evil as they are. So my gut instinct says, "Yes, there are some people who need killing."
Guess I don't deserve to live in my "ideal state".

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#12 Feb 1, 2012
elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, intellectually at least, I believe that a nation cannot be in the killing business. If we believe "Thou shalt not kill," then our state has to hold that ideal and live by it.
Now, my gut instinct tells me that I want those men to die or that I could actually let someone else live up to that ideal while I would enjoy being on the firing squad. But the same evil instinct tells me that the sub-basement would be adequate punishment.
Imagine not walking into the kitchen when you want a cup of coffee.
Not ever in this life.
Your points are well taken. For some People, taking away their Freedom is worse than death. If this Killer or Killers don't get the death penalty, I hope they're one of those People.
It's the way they were killed that bothers me so much & makes me so angry & I didn't even know the Victims.
Martia

Mesquite, TX

#13 Feb 1, 2012
This somehow reminds me of a controversial movie of the 90's, Natural Born Killers. It had Woody Harrelson, Robert Downey Jr and Tommy Lee Jones. I didn't watch it, but knew it was violent and it was about a generation that may have been obsessed with crime and drugs. It played in the theatres in Tx in 1994. I think the death penalty is needed those who would do this type of crime.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 1, 2012
Martia wrote:
This somehow reminds me of a controversial movie of the 90's, Natural Born Killers. It had Woody Harrelson, Robert Downey Jr and Tommy Lee Jones. I didn't watch it, but knew it was violent and it was about a generation that may have been obsessed with crime and drugs. It played in the theatres in Tx in 1994. I think the death penalty is needed those who would do this type of crime.
When they're caught...& I do believe that they will be...I would be very surprised if the Prosecutor did not seek the Death Penalty.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 1, 2012
I probably should add that the only way, I believe, that the Prosecutor wouldn't seek the Death Penalty would be if one of them, if there is more than one, would turn State's evidence against the other One, in exchange for a Life Sentence, rather than the Dealth Penalty.
So, the One that talks first might not get the Death Penalty, in a Plea Bargain.
Murty

Johnson City, TN

#16 Feb 2, 2012
Who got killed ? And where at ? I heard it was as y

Do you know if it was over DRUGS ?

coupld with one child ,an 8mo old baby boy.
Murty

Johnson City, TN

#17 Feb 2, 2012
Well I sure messed that post up.So I will try again.Who got killed and was it over drugs?
We never knowwho are neigbors are,do we.
That is why I stay by stay by myself,and stay out of other people buiness.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#18 Feb 2, 2012
Well, that didn't seem to work too well for those Folks, so Good Luck with that!
Bobbie Jo Feltner

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Feb 2, 2012
Listen people I understand that everyone is interested in all this, but please have a heart and think of the family through this. This was a part of my family and just imagine how you would feel to go on the internet and see people talking about your family who was just murdered and taken so unexpectedly!! I am beyond hurt and sad from this and so is the rest of the family! You people have no idea what it feels like to have your 12 year old niece tell you that she wishes it was her instead of her Aunt Billie Jean.

THE PERSON WHO TOOK THEIR LIVES I PRAY YOU ARE READING THIS. YOU TORE APART A LOVING FAMILY AND TOOK A LITTLE BOYS PARENTS FROM HIM AND IT CAN NOT BE UNDONE. NOW YOU HAVE MY NIECE WISHING THIS ON HERSELF YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE YOU ARE A SICK F*CK!!!!

To those of you who are supporting the family thank you so very much.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20 Feb 2, 2012
I'm sure all of Johnson county is hurting because of this. It is a tragedy for the family, especially the innocent baby, and most do give sympathy. But really BJF, can you expect people on Topix to ignore this ?? The Tomahawk may try to ignore it or not, but many of the people here don't even read that paper. This is what is on the hearts and minds of this place, so maybe family should not even come to topix. After all some terrible reminders were already on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 35,929
News Expansion Golden Knights advance to Stanley Cup... 2 hr AmazingPhartse 4
News LeBron scores 44 as Cavs top Celtics 2 hr ScoresPhartse 2
News The Yankees Shouldn't Bother Rehabbing Jacoby E... 3 hr Ells Phartse 6
News Yankees: What in the world has happened to Didi... 3 hr I Phartse 5
News Yankees: It's time to cut losses with Neil Walk... Mon Netyank52 10
News Indiana Black Legislative Caucus gives update Sun Gives Phartse 2