Dylan Cleaver: Detestable tantrums no...

Dylan Cleaver: Detestable tantrums no substitute for sledging

There are 1 comment on the The New Zealand Herald story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Dylan Cleaver: Detestable tantrums no substitute for sledging. In it, The New Zealand Herald reports that:

Let us lament the lost art of sledging, officially consigned to antiquity at the Gabba, replaced instead by bile and boorishness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New Zealand Herald.

opener

Milton, New Zealand

#1 Nov 16, 2012
You need another term rather than sledging for the sort of chat that you seem happy with. But we'd all be far better off if for the most part cricketers kept their mouths shut and just got on with doing their best. Most sledging, so-called - is a euphemism for abuse, often nasty/filthy/puerile and so on. One should add, inane, insulting. And more. I have nothing but contempt for the practitioners. That NZ cricket is noted for its smart-arse chatterers is shameful, but not surprising. Our so-called 'senior' players have too much influence, our Board is inadequate, which is why we've a stupidly rapid turnover of coaches and selectors. As one recent coach said, NZ cricket is rotten to the core. It has been since the mid-1990s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 6 hr Stewart scott 2,544
News Tom Brady Beats NFL In 'Deflategate' Court Case 6 hr Fart news 35
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr tom wingo 29,964
News Raiders looking to settle some jobs in exhibiti... 7 hr Fart news 3
News Illinois residents expect quiet holiday weekend... 7 hr Fart news 2
News HR Comp wants its records back, says search, se... (Jun '14) 7 hr Fart news 9
News NASCAR: Danica Patrick not keen on posing nude ... (Jul '13) 12 hr Fart news 47
More from around the web