"Diehards" say Packers give them a re...

"Diehards" say Packers give them a reason to sing

There are 37 comments on the WEAU-TV Eau Claire story from Nov 14, 2012, titled "Diehards" say Packers give them a reason to sing. In it, WEAU-TV Eau Claire reports that:

After suffering from Packer withdrawal, thanks to the bye-week, Packer fans are ready for Sunday, including "diehards" who go by "Elroy & the Diehards." These diehard fans say it's easy to love the Packers, especially when the team gives them a reason to sing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WEAU-TV Eau Claire.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eric

Arpin, WI

#21 Nov 27, 2012
Just reading the MJS ( skimming through the article really) but a good point here.
Don Barclay ( who played at Guard in training camp) played Tackle in college,so, GB can play Barclay at RT ( Lang isnt nearly as good as Bulaga and isnt playing all that well) and Lang can move back to LG and replace Evan D-S at LG ( who isnt playing well either)
back to the top,,if we want to keep Bulaga at RT,Datko can be a backup for Sherrod and Bulaga,find a vet,Newhouse can backup at either guard,and cut Evan D_S. and vanRoten is a project so depends on how he develops but in typical TT style,draft another 1 or 2 guards/center
Reggie7-4

Elizabeth, NJ

#22 Nov 27, 2012
to lose like that and also last year being beaten its tuff to swallow eric. i am not in panic mode when it comes to any team in the nfc except these two teams more giants than san fran. Confidence is still high against the others.Will talk more about it in detail - work is calling lol.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#23 Nov 27, 2012
Deja Vu all over again!!!!!!!!!!
dognes

Masontown, PA

#24 Nov 28, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …They can sing all they want
Reggie7-4

Garden City, NY

#25 Nov 28, 2012
Since monday ESPN and WFAN radio in ny has been talking about that giant game and both stations said something that i noticed thru out the season with ny-and totally agree with-they have a weakness in there secondary where u can get some good yardage by passing in the middle of the field short to medium.This is something that can be used against them in the future.
If the coaching staff can figure out how to get the guys up front to give rodgers just a little bit more time or rodgers trying to really hurry his passes , this can work to our advantage.
Its obvious newhouse needs help so thats an area that has to be addressed pronto.
eric

Arpin, WI

#26 Nov 28, 2012
In The NY case,Marshall should get some help and let Jennings,Cobb and Nelson work their magic and if worse comes to worst spring the TE after the double team and grab that gain a few yards at a time.Defense should be better if Clay and Woodson are playing as well.
eric

Arpin, WI

#27 Nov 28, 2012
I stilldont and or didnt like the call by coach Mc letting Crosby attempt that 55 yarder.Yes, i get it,its early and if he hits it,it gets his confidence back a bit,but, it also give NY a short field and it seemed from that drive on,it was done.Should have called for a squib punt,just a little 25-30 yard hanger and make NY fair catch the ball somewhere around the 10 or so,or if lucky,he will let it go and we can kill it closer.I was praying they would punt.
Reggie7-4

Garden City, NY

#28 Nov 28, 2012
Since monday ESPN and WFAN radio in ny has been talking about that giant game and both stations said something that i noticed thru out the season with ny-and totally agree with-they have a weakness in there secondary where u can get some good yardage by passing in the middle of the field short to medium.This is something that can be used against them in the future.
If the coaching staff can figure out how to get the guys up front to give rodgers just a little bit more time or rodgers trying to really hurry his passes , this can work to our advantage.
Its obvious newhouse needs help so thats an area that has to be addressed pronto.

Another thing in my opinion is try some plays that the giants have not seen in a long time - if you have to dust off an old playbook going back to the favre- holgram days i'd say go for it.Study those plays and see if they would work against them.Use them in reserve-just in case.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#29 Nov 28, 2012
Well the Giants may have a weak secondary, but when you can rush only four down linemen and still get to the QB, its really hard for any QB in the league to find open receivers. San Fran has a good secondary, so they really have no holes on D. I'm just afraid GB doesnt match up well with those two Defenses, but everyone else in the league is toast. Green Bay needs a LT, end of story. I like the idea of freeing up Finly and Jennings money to do that. The time is now to get another Championship, the window will be closing in the next five years or so. So yes im in a little panic. I'm still a little pissed about Green Bay not getting Marshawn Lynch when they had the chance, he wouldve helped also.
eric

Arpin, WI

#30 Nov 28, 2012
Our LT is on the PUP list i think.Marshall Newhouse isnt the answer vs NY at least. I dont think the window will be closing though.Ted does a nice job of replacing players on the fly and over the past few seasons,GB has been one of the younger teams in the NFL.I hope Andrew Datko can replace Bulaga at RT,if he just isnt the same after dislocating a hip.Newhouse may be a nice backup to Sherrod next year,assuming,he heals correct and gets back to where hes healthy and no lasting effects.
normanmack

Sunflower, MS

#31 Nov 28, 2012
tt dont know jack why everybody give him so much credit
Captain of the Titanic

Littleton, CO

#32 Nov 29, 2012
normanmack wrote:
tt dont know jack why everybody give him so much credit
well said. How many championships has he delivered?
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#33 Nov 29, 2012
eric wrote:
Our LT is on the PUP list i think.Marshall Newhouse isnt the answer vs NY at least. I dont think the window will be closing though.Ted does a nice job of replacing players on the fly and over the past few seasons,GB has been one of the younger teams in the NFL.I hope Andrew Datko can replace Bulaga at RT,if he just isnt the same after dislocating a hip.Newhouse may be a nice backup to Sherrod next year,assuming,he heals correct and gets back to where hes healthy and no lasting effects.
TT has done a nice job restocking the team, no doubt. His offensive line scouting has been less than average. I just think GB will need to sign a proven veteran at LT. They did it at center when Wells left, why not when Cliffy hung it up?
eric

Arpin, WI

#34 Nov 29, 2012
How many proven LT were there to sign? Folks want to sign another kicker but how many kickers in week 12 or 13 are available that are better then Crosby.I dont think there is really a whole lot of LT available,by the time CC failed his physical and was released.
How much of the oline problem lays in the lap of James Campen the oline coach and how much lays on the talent?
TT drafted Lang and Sitton as well as Bulaga,so he has hit some on the line,Unf. LT is the hardest.
I do wonder if our line struggles vs Minn.if they will shuffle it abit.
Problem is
Newhouse stays at LT
Lang back to LG
Even DS moves to C
Sitton stays at RG
SO who plays RT? Don Barclay? He played Tackle in College
otherwise,vanROten can play Guard,move EDS to Center,but, we are still weak at RT,so there isnt many options esp.if it scares you to have a practice squad guy ( Barclay) starting at RT,so its either that or hope the o line plays well enough to beat Minn and DET and it takes the 3 games to start to really gel and they really start to click vs Chicago and of course we play well enough to beat Minn and Det. which i believe we will,but, they must play better to beat Chicago which again,i believe they will.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#35 Nov 30, 2012
It just seems to me that Rodgers has been running for his life since hes been a starter for the Packers. It would just be nice if the Pack had a solid line like the Mannings and Bradys of the world always seem to have. Every time it seems i watch those guys play they have all day to sit and pick apart defenses. Give Rodgers that kind of time and Green Bay would put together a run like the Cowboys of the 90s, and the Patriots, and the Giants, and the Steelers. Multiple Championships is a reality for this current team, i just dont think it will happen with the shitty line the last couple years Rodgers has had to deal with against playoff D lines. I hope the coaches and players can figure it out, but imo it won't happen.
eric

Arpin, WI

#36 Nov 30, 2012
That just makes what AR has done that much more impressive.I think ( although its take a few years) it will improve.Sherrod ( if he completely heals) is the LT,Sitton ( who has dropped off a bit since his big contract) is still pretty solid.LT and Center seems to be it if Lang is LG.Bulaga at RT did ok,but, Andrew Datko may be a better option at RT,who knows.Maybe Barclay or vanRoten will take that 2nd step going into year 2 and one of them can play Center,of course there is always the draft
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#37 Dec 3, 2012
Bears blow Eric. I can't believe they tried to run for a first down on 4th. The O-line is their weakest link

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr EdPhart 33,090
News Mother's day open houses set 6 hr DayPhart 2
News Sam Bradford a players champion and the Viking'... 17 hr SpinningPhartzx 8
News Minnesota Vikings' four biggest question marks ... 17 hr BearsPhartzx 26
News Varsity (Feb '08) 18 hr You Phartsz 5
News No More Excuses: Jeff Gorton Has To Make His Ma... 20 hr MorePhartsc 2
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Tue Find phartse 225
More from around the web