Mt. SAC professor on the run in Beiji...

Mt. SAC professor on the run in Beijing after protest

There are 54 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Aug 8, 2008, titled Mt. SAC professor on the run in Beijing after protest. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

Edward Romero is on the run in the Olympics host city of Beijing. According to friends and colleagues of the La Puente pastor and philosophy professor at Mt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

idiot_hunter

La Mirada, CA

#21 Aug 10, 2008
Ed Romero is a jerk wrote:
If he feels so strongly about something then I guess it must be justifyable, right? Just like the radical Islamists that behead innocents becaue the feel so strongly about something. Or Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols bombing in Oklahoma City, The religious whackos in Waco, or maybe just the local tagging crewmember that feels so strongly that only his crew's belongs in a neighborhood... I guess if YOU feel strongly about something than YOU are justified in doing something stupid. What an idiot. This dilusional idiot felt so strongly about the rights of the Chinese that this idiot goes over and infringes on them even more. What a loser!
Do you even know whats going on? Before you take the time to type all this why dont you visit the website and educate yourself. UM. has he hurt anyone or come close to it? Isnt he paying the fine for the damages and going to sacrafice himself to realease hostages. You are the idiot!!!!
how sad

La Mirada, CA

#22 Aug 10, 2008
Ha ha wrote:
I certainly hope they hang this prick. When he gets home he's going to have a huge homecoming. I'm going to break into his house, his church and his classroom and smear feces and paint on the walls to make a statement. Lets see how this ahole likes it. F*cking embarrassment to America. Come on China, catch this clown and make an example of him!!!
Im pretty sure im 100% accurate when i say your a F*cking embarrassment to America, and china for that matter.
previous student

La Mirada, CA

#23 Aug 10, 2008
reader wrote:
and he's teaching our kids what?
What happenned to the Golden Rule? Will the church still support his actions if it happenned to them?
Vandalism in the safety of a hotel room is not a brave act.
What makes him different from any other extremist who will cause destruction for a cause?
This goes beyond protest, which is expressing opinion or civil disobedience without causing harm.
Did he consider lighting himself on fire and putting it on You Tube?
I had this professor at Mt.Sac, do you even know him? He was probably the best teacher MT. Sac has to offer, which is what most students think there as well you all tell the other students to take. He teches PHILOSOPHY... For the few of us that did know he WOULD NOT talk about it in class. LEARN YOUR FACTS AND EXPAND YOUR MIND. Maybe you should try going to school im sure he can teach you a few things.
Smoky

United States

#24 Aug 10, 2008
idiot_hunter wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even know whats going on? Before you take the time to type all this why dont you visit the website and educate yourself. UM. has he hurt anyone or come close to it? Isnt he paying the fine for the damages and going to sacrafice himself to realease hostages. You are the idiot!!!!
Deuteronomy 6:9 says to write the Scriptures "on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." Proverbs 3:3 says to "bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." It doesn't say to vandalize property and run out on your hotel bill. Not to mention, how is vandalizing a French owned hotel going to make a statement to the Chinese? The only thing I can see in his "statement" that it only confirms to the world their impression of Americans. Pay a fine and sacrifice himself to release hostages? Oh please. You are kidding right? The professor should stick to teaching philosophy and the "pastor" should stick to teaching the word of God which is what he is supposed to do. He's a coward. If he felt so strongly about what he did then why hide?
Smoky

United States

#25 Aug 10, 2008
Idiot Hunter, you writing under three different blog names isn't going to change the fact Mr. Romero went about his protest the wrong way....
Reid Clark

Riverside, CA

#26 Aug 10, 2008
Smoky wrote:
Idiot Hunter, you writing under three different blog names isn't going to change the fact Mr. Romero went about his protest the wrong way....
Glad someone else noticed it besides me.
See you in hell

Burbank, CA

#27 Aug 10, 2008
idiot_hunter wrote:
<quoted text><br>
Calling a pastor that HAHAHA , you just signed yourself a ticket to hell. i think i can safely call you an idiot because you present yourself as one. He fighting for a cause what do you do sit on your computer with no life saying what you think is right.- your a loser and an idiot
Pot calling the kettle black idiot. Pull your head out and get some oxygen you childish little fool. And yes, this little so called "pastor" is lower than a cockroach. I hope he is hung!
papa holston

Chino, CA

#28 Aug 10, 2008
there had to be a better country to hold the olympics why in the world would we go to a place that smacks of legalized slavery,knowing how they treat other human beings??
papa holston

Chino, CA

#29 Aug 10, 2008
what do you mean you hope he is hung? tree hung western style,named hung, or hung,hung xxxxx?
LosAngeles

Bellflower, CA

#33 Aug 11, 2008
Bill wrote:
Only good chink is a dead chink.
I'm a chinese american, born in US, returned Peace Corps Volunteer. You're as radical as this pastor, f-ing xenophobic ignorant. Oh well, it's people that speak like you who have yet to graduate from HS and living in rural towns and cowtipping as a hobby. Have a good f-ing life. low life.
Smoky

United States

#34 Aug 11, 2008
LosAngeles wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a chinese american, born in US, returned Peace Corps Volunteer. You're as radical as this pastor, f-ing xenophobic ignorant. Oh well, it's people that speak like you who have yet to graduate from HS and living in rural towns and cowtipping as a hobby. Have a good f-ing life. low life.
Whoa there LosAngeles. I live in a rural town and I think Bill is a twit.
Smoky

United States

#35 Aug 11, 2008
Bill wrote:
Never to be seen again. WTF do you expect in a Communist Country. I'm amazed that the story made it out. They are THE ENEMY.
They are the enemy because?....Your ignorance is astounding. I won't say you're stupid because there may still be hope for you.
Reid Clark

Norco, CA

#36 Aug 11, 2008
With regards to "Bill", that's what the Report Abuse button is for. If you respond to his blatant baiting he'll only get worse. I've seen a couple of posters get booted for this type of behavior and so can he. Use the button!!!
thinkingaboutit

Ferndale, FL

#37 Aug 11, 2008
idiot_hunter wrote:
<quoted text><br>
Calling a pastor that HAHAHA , you just signed yourself a ticket to hell. i think i can safely call you an idiot because you present yourself as one. He fighting for a cause what do you do sit on your computer with no life saying what you think is right.- your a loser and an idiot
Just because the church calls him a Pastor, doesn't mean he his worthy of the title. The moron, in trying to get his point across, vandalizes a presitious hotel owned by a French Company...and then skipped out on his bill. Victimizing the French is no way to get a point across about voiceless victims. He's perpetuating senseless acts by committing them. The bible is filled with weird stories. The frog thing always makes me laugh. The attack of flies and lice and gnats comes after the frogs in the bible...personally, I think this made the frogs happy.
CBM

Huntington Beach, CA

#38 Aug 11, 2008
I was a student of Prof. Romero. He is a wonderful educator. He is also an inspirational person, not many people stand up for those oppressed. He is a remarkable person to know.
Silly little boy

Glendale, CA

#39 Aug 11, 2008
CBM wrote:
I was a student of Prof. Romero. He is a wonderful educator. He is also an inspirational person, not many people stand up for those oppressed. He is a remarkable person to know.
Who are the oppressed people in a french hotal who he was standing up for?
Jacob

Huntington Beach, CA

#40 Aug 11, 2008
The only point he's really made that people will remember is that he's an idiot.
CBM

Huntington Beach, CA

#41 Aug 11, 2008
Silly little boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are the oppressed people in a french hotal who he was standing up for?
You seriously believe that? That because he used the French Hotel (check your typos, genius) as a stage, he was showing a form of aggression towards the French - you are really smart ... if you need an explanation that the Hotel is IN the Communist Country of China ... well, I am sorry that you are so misinformed about the rights of those people in the country who probably work in that hotel - would you enjoy a life without expressing your personal beliefs and living your life and not having the right to express your thoughts???
Smoky

United States

#42 Aug 11, 2008
CBM wrote:
<quoted text>
You seriously believe that? That because he used the French Hotel (check your typos, genius) as a stage, he was showing a form of aggression towards the French - you are really smart ... if you need an explanation that the Hotel is IN the Communist Country of China ... well, I am sorry that you are so misinformed about the rights of those people in the country who probably work in that hotel - would you enjoy a life without expressing your personal beliefs and living your life and not having the right to express your thoughts???
The material point is that he vandalized, ran out on his bill and hid. Which is unlawful in any country. What did he accomplish? Absolutely nothing. I'll say it again. If he believed what he was doing was right then why hide? Please don't say civil disobedience because it is not the same thing. There are other ways of protesting China's policies. Breaking the law in any country isn't it. He isn't bringing attention to anything the rest of the world doesn't already know.
A Local

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Aug 11, 2008
If anything, Smokey, his stunt only hurts the credibility of whatever cause his misguided crime was blamed on.
And this is Mt Sac's finest??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mariners News: M's Showing Interest in Jay Bruce 1 hr johnnyj 1
News Ohio.com - Neighbor fights court order to move (Nov '07) 6 hr Felinication 309
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Trojan 32,308
News Reports: Vikings' Phil Loadholt To Retire At 30... Wed Stubby 2
News Team owner Hendrick hopeful Earnhardt returns a... Wed WWE CRASHCAR 2016 12
women football Wed Nicola 1
News Russian President Vladimir Putin is the IJF's h... Wed Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web