YACHT BUSINESS FIRE: NORTHUMBERLAND Y...

YACHT BUSINESS FIRE: NORTHUMBERLAND YACHT FIRE - wtvr

There are 85 comments on the WTVR story from Feb 2, 2010, titled YACHT BUSINESS FIRE: NORTHUMBERLAND YACHT FIRE - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

A yacht business in the Northern Neck is badly damaged by fire that resulted from what witnesses are calling an explosion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Nick Chiles

Reedville, VA

#2 Feb 2, 2010
This was a very disheartening event that took place today. Tiffany Yachts has been a premier prouducer of luxury yachts for years now and it is sad to see this happen. A few boats that were being built were also said to have parished in the flames.
Matthew Steilberg

Dacula, GA

#4 Feb 2, 2010
This is just a mile from our house; I've watched Tiffanys steam up the river for 40 years and love pulling by on my boat to see his nice work. Very sad.
Friend of the family

Cumming, GA

#5 Feb 2, 2010
Steph, That is truly hurtful and unnecessary. A lot of people lives are affected by the loss of this business. The people of the northern neck are and will continue to be proud of tiffany yaht's and the boats they build.
Reedville Residents

Heathsville, VA

#6 Feb 2, 2010
We were shocked and saddened to hear of the loss of Tiffany Yacht Company. What a loss for the family, workers, and community! We are very thankful to hear that there was no loss of life in this tragedy.
Beth Sorensen

Jersey City, NJ

#7 Feb 2, 2010
I spent every summer of my childhood in Reedville and was so worried about the people who worked at Tiffany's that when my mom called with news of the fire, I went online to see if everyone got out okay. I hope Tiffany's will rebuild at that location and continue to make beautiful yachts for generations to come.
Fire Dept Member

Irvington, VA

#8 Feb 2, 2010
I was at the fire, along with other fire members. This is a sad day for the community. Not only are employees going to be out of work, but the Cockrell family has been devastated. Our prayers are with all of you
Connie Scruggs

Annapolis, MD

#9 Feb 2, 2010
For Steph Meador's information, my son-n-law (Don Liner) works at Tiffany's and he is not a drunk. There are a lot of men that take pride in their work that work there and they are not drunks either. We need Tiffany's. I hope they rebuild. Time will tell. Don't be happy at someone elses loss. I am so sorry this happened.
Reedville, Va.
K m C

Bridgewater, VA

#10 Feb 2, 2010
"no shocker it finally caught fire"
You are so rude. Alot of lives were affected by this fire and you should really show some respect.
Tiffany employees are incredible skilled and do amazing work.
Chiles family

Reedville, VA

#11 Feb 2, 2010
We were all so sad to learn what happened today, the only saving grace was that no one was physically injured...The Cockrells are a wonderful family with strong roots in the community; and this is a very devasting situation for them. Our prayers and heartfelt thoughts are with their families and employees.
Resident of the NN

White Stone, VA

#12 Feb 2, 2010
As a proud resident of the Northern Neck I would like for people to know that Tiffany Yachts is in a sense a landmark to our area. I am truly offended by people that do not know our area nor do they support our local economy. The owner's and worker's of Tiffany Yachts are at a great loss today and so is our community.
Odis Cockrell

Heathsville, VA

#13 Feb 2, 2010
to steph meador: I sit here still smelling of smoke and my daughter calls in tears from collage not only for my family that lost 4 generations of memories but from your comments, sorry that your apprently a looser and associated your self with loosers how dare you insult the employees and my family who are trying to deal with this loss.
Family friend

Heathsville, VA

#14 Feb 2, 2010
As a lifetime member of Northumberland, I feel the huge loss and sadness caused by the fire today. My prayers are with the Cockrell's, know that we all love and support you.
kathy

Irvington, VA

#15 Feb 2, 2010
such a great loss! our thoughts and prayers go out to the Cockrell family. such nice people.
kathy

Irvington, VA

#16 Feb 2, 2010
our thoughts and prayers go out to the Cockrell Family. they are such nice people.
Leon Price

Reedville, VA

#17 Feb 2, 2010
We are happy that everyone can go home to there Love ones and pray that Tiffany Yachts can Open its doors again to provide its Craftsmanship to the Northern Neck in the near future.May God be with you all in this very sad event.We will keep you in our prayers.
Tricia McKerns

Johnson City, TN

#18 Feb 2, 2010
I have wonderful memories of the NN and Tiffanys is one of them. I always enjoyed talking with the them when I worked at Grainger. I was brought to tears to hear what happened, but glad no one was hurt. Odis, pls tell your daughter that there are people that care for you and yours and the great employees! And I can't wait to come visit my family and watch you rebuild! God bless you, your family and the employees.
Andy G

Richmond, VA

#19 Feb 3, 2010
My prayers are with the family and residents of Northumberland.
Family Friend

Monroeville, PA

#20 Feb 3, 2010
My thoughts go out to the Cockrell Family. The Tiffany crew are all first class people that do first class work. Hope you can rebuild. The NNK need you.
Billy Jones

United States

#21 Feb 3, 2010
Growing up and staying with my grandmother I remember going to Tiffanys to watch the boat races. Later in years I had the pleasure to work there with some very talented people. All of the Cockrells are good friends and good people. I was there at the fire and it broke my heart. My prayers are with the family and employees. We also can't forget Thanks to all Fire and Rescue that responded for giving their time and risking lives.
Reedville Friend

Reedville, VA

#22 Feb 3, 2010
Steph Meador is a jerk!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WTVR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maggots found in amputation wounds of Memphis n... Oct 12 issac 1
News Attorney: Kushner used private email account to... Sep 26 IMPEACH 2018 39
News Stolen computer e-mails picture to owner (Jan '11) Sep 21 no to stealing co... 52
News Justice Department: No evidence Trump Tower was... Sep '17 Super Glue 4
News Australians divided over a debate many countrie... Aug '17 Christsharian Dee... 3
News Schools throughout the country are grappling wi... Aug '17 Solarman 1
News Rep. Steve Scalise back in intensive care unit Jul '17 Ted Haggard s Mas... 20
More from around the web