Three Men Burn, Deface Mosque

Three Men Burn, Deface Mosque

There are 91 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Feb 11, 2008, titled Three Men Burn, Deface Mosque. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

The three men accused of burning down a local Islamic center appeared in court Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Nikki

Nashville, TN

#1 Feb 12, 2008
I agree that these men should be incarcirated for their actions.

But I am having a problem with the statement "Such conduct in our society, against any ethnic or religious group, is reprehensible." If this is true, then why can't our children say prayer in school? Why are we as Americans told not to share our views on religion in America? I think that if you are going to make a comment like that, you need to look and see exactly what our own country is forcing us to do as far as our religion, and let us practice "FREEDOM OF SPEECH." I think that no matter what we as Americans say or do, the laws if you will, will just keep changing to accomidate whoever it needs to at the time.
John Boy Walton

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2008
Nikki wrote:
I agree that these men should be incarcirated for their actions.
But I am having a problem with the statement "Such conduct in our society, against any ethnic or religious group, is reprehensible." If this is true, then why can't our children say prayer in school? Why are we as Americans told not to share our views on religion in America? I think that if you are going to make a comment like that, you need to look and see exactly what our own country is forcing us to do as far as our religion, and let us practice "FREEDOM OF SPEECH." I think that no matter what we as Americans say or do, the laws if you will, will just keep changing to accomidate whoever it needs to at the time.
I believe that Television is not promoting any open debates about different points of view. With the Patriot act, our current administration, and an obscene foreign policy, American have become disillusioned by what "freedom of speech" really is. Hopefully, people will revert back to the original values that this great country is based on.
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Feb 13, 2008
Someone in an article said that Corey Golden was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Well it sure doesn't look like it. Go look at his myspace profile it has the racist stuff all over it.
Roger Conner

Nashville, TN

#4 Feb 18, 2008
I think it is sad that students THINK they cannot discuss religion in school, and many BELIEVE they can't pray. Students can pray any time they want. What's prohibited is for teachers or principals to MAKE them listen to prayers created by someone else. If any student is prevented from discussing their Christian faith in a class, contact www.alliancedefensefund.org . They will issue a demand letter or sue. Your children have a RIGHT to speak up for their faith in school, and they have the right NOT to have teachers force some other belief down their throat!
ignorance breeds

Nashville, TN

#5 Feb 19, 2008
I believe that Martin Luther King Jr said it best:
"We as a society have not learned to disagree without being violently disagreeable."
I visited Corey's myspace page out of curiousity. He is very much a racist and I believe fully that he knew what he was doing and he wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time.
And since he loves Hitler so much I think he'd be surprised to know that he wouldn't have met Hitler's vision of "blond hair, blue eyed domination".
It's stupidity at it's finest. I hope that they are punished to the fullest extent of the law! But given that we live in a society where it's a violation to pray in school I wonder what will happen.
Ervin Malcolm

Lawrenceburg, TN

#6 Feb 23, 2008
Nikki wrote:
I agree that these men should be incarcirated for their actions.
But I am having a problem with the statement "Such conduct in our society, against any ethnic or religious group, is reprehensible." If this is true, then why can't our children say prayer in school? Why are we as Americans told not to share our views on religion in America? I think that if you are going to make a comment like that, you need to look and see exactly what our own country is forcing us to do as far as our religion, and let us practice "FREEDOM OF SPEECH." I think that no matter what we as Americans say or do, the laws if you will, will just keep changing to accomidate whoever it needs to at the time.
Great commentary friend... Please read: http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.as...
Ervin Malcolm

Lawrenceburg, TN

#7 Feb 23, 2008
Greeat expression Nikki: CAIR and the ACLU have put us in our place with their lobbying efforts. No more freedom of religion for Christians only.

Please read this Nikki: http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.as...
Here is what we are really up against. One has to wonder about religious tolerance...

CAN A MUSLIM BE A MUSLIM-AMERICAN?



With the stark reality of these facts, why in the world are Americans voting Muslims into office... Seeing the Muslim sworn into the US Congress recently, brought this article to mind. What do you think?



I think this pretty much sums up this question!!!!!! We are living in the twenty first century version of the "Crusades" Have you ever thought -- Is Muslim-American really an oxymoron? Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a loyal citizen?





"Theologically, no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.



Religiously, no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Qur’an, 2:256)



Scripturally, no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Qur’an.



Geographically, no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.



Socially, no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.



Politically, no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.



Domestically, no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Qur’an 4:34).



Intellectually, no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.



Philosophically, no. Because Islam, Mohammed, and the Qur’an do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or Autocratic.



Spiritually, no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the



Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as



Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Qur’an's 99 excellent



Names."



Therefore after much study and deliberation.... perhaps we should be



very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.



If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who



understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.



The religious war is bigger and more complex than most Americans currently know or understand. A Muslim cannot be an American. Their Qur’an prohibits it.

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Feb 23, 2008
Ahmad Imran wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody keep this post in mind. We Muslims would have either refused to believe the news if it was against us in this manner (you can't trust most news sites these days, different sites give extremely different points of view), or would have talked against such a merciless act since Islam allows no such thing.
However, this response is neither of those we'd have given. It's an encouragement to all non-Muslims to cause more damage to Muslim civilians just because of their beliefs, since all the information we have about that person is that he probably was either the owner of that Islamic centre or a member of it, and that he was a Muslim.
I am searching the net for more info on this case. The Muslims have brought a law suit against some white supremacists. Why were they not just arrested by the police? We will all need to wait to see what the investigation turns up.

Arson is a crime and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Whoever did this, they committed a horrible crime.

But Ahmad, come on they say that three young people did this… three out of the over 300 million in the USA. You cannot blame 299,999,997 for the acts of 3, right?

You say that Muslims would speak out against such a thing? That’s odd because on 9/11 what I saw were hundreds of Muslims around the world dancing in the street, partying over something far worse than this crime.

In Europe… France, Germany, Denmark and so forth Muslims have been rioting for months now.. burning cars, schools, government buildings and churches. They have even set some people on fire. I have yet to hear more than a small hand full of Muslims come out and condemn this behavior. Instead all I hear is how the criminals are really victims.

When Churches and homes of Christians are destroyed by Muslim extremists in Muslim countries here is no sympathy whatsoever for the Christians from the Muslims I those countries.

So your self-righteous act is falling on deaf ears.
True American Muslim

United States

#9 Jul 7, 2009
Ervin Malcolm wrote:
Greeat expression Nikki: CAIR and the ACLU have put us in our place with their lobbying efforts. No more freedom of religion for Christians only.
Please read this Nikki: http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.as...
Here is what we are really up against. One has to wonder about religious tolerance...
CAN A MUSLIM BE A MUSLIM-AMERICAN?
With the stark reality of these facts, why in the world are Americans voting Muslims into office... Seeing the Muslim sworn into the US Congress recently, brought this article to mind. What do you think?
I think this pretty much sums up this question!!!!!! We are living in the twenty first century version of the "Crusades" Have you ever thought -- Is Muslim-American really an oxymoron? Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a loyal citizen?
"Theologically, no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.
Religiously, no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Qur’an, 2:256)
Scripturally, no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Qur’an.
Geographically, no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially, no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.
Politically, no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.
Domestically, no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Qur’an 4:34).
Intellectually, no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically, no. Because Islam, Mohammed, and the Qur’an do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or Autocratic.
Spiritually, no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the
Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as
Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Qur’an's 99 excellent
Names."
Therefore after much study and deliberation.... perhaps we should be
very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.
If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who
understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.
The religious war is bigger and more complex than most Americans currently know or understand. A Muslim cannot be an American. Their Qur’an prohibits it.
Sir , You have a mind of Evil. Muslims CAN be good Americans. True Islam accepts every one and the word Islam
Bobo

Spring Hill, TN

#11 Jul 31, 2009
You're a liar. The Qu'ran very specifically tells true followers to KILL THE INFIDEL. That is NOT in line with the American way of life, and is NOT a philosophy of a "religion of peace".

Get back in your hole. You've been exposed for the 15th century freak that you are.
True American Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir , You have a mind of Evil. Muslims CAN be good Americans. True Islam accepts every one and the word Islam
Bobo

Spring Hill, TN

#12 Jul 31, 2009
The **** who burned the mosque were stooping to the level of their victims. Islam is evil, but white supremacists are just as evil.

Edu

“It's me. Take it or leave it!”

Since: May 09

Nashville

#13 Jul 31, 2009
Good grief. Just put them away already! Thats rediculous!
Bobo

Spring Hill, TN

#14 Jul 31, 2009
As I recall, they all pled guilty at trial. They may be facing more charges, but they're either already put away, or they will be soon enough.
Jack

UK

#15 May 18, 2010
If this was in england or america i have no problem with that.... because if they want to live in our civilized conditions they need to start living like us
kkthnxbi
Viking Drummer

Huntsville, TX

#16 Jul 22, 2010
Simple...

Ban ALL religions for the stone-aged superstitious nonsense that it is...

Seriously.... people FIGHT over whose imaginary friend is more "realer"?

I could go for a really nice plague or natural disaster to kill 7/8's of the world population right about now....
Joe Friday

Nashville, TN

#18 Jul 22, 2010
Awesome way to keep dredging up a 2 and a half year old post. :-)
noteasyoffended

Nashville, TN

#19 Jul 23, 2010
were they wrong? yes, without doubt and should be punished for it...STRONGLY.....they couldnt have known for sure if anyone was asleep in there or not

however....I hope the building burnt to the ground and is beyond repair

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Jul 25, 2010
Islam is pure evil!
Joe Friday

Nashville, TN

#21 Jul 26, 2010
misterbiscuitz wrote:
Islam is pure evil!
And burning down someone's church isn't?
Jeff Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Sep 10, 2010
Bobo wrote:
The **** who burned the mosque were stooping to the level of their victims. Islam is evil, but white supremacists are just as evil.
Can you back up your claim that white supremacism is evil with a logical argument. There are many rational reasons for beleiving that some races are superior to others. Whites and orientals for instance are more intelligent than just about every other race with the exception of askenazi jews.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NewsChannel5.com Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 16 Known Dead From Storms In Tennessee (Apr '11) 3 hr RingerZing 19,396
News Clinic Accused Of Selling Prescription Drugs Il... (Aug '09) Wed Austin Florence 80
News Police Release Name Of Woman Found Dead In Her ... (Feb '09) Nov 17 Jeanie R 42
News Castle-Looking Building A Historic, Cinematic L... (Oct '08) Nov 17 bless you 25
News Police Work To Solve Cold Case Murders Of Young... (Jul '09) Nov 14 jessica jags 18
News NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee - News... (Mar '08) Nov 9 Concerned 3
News Body At I-40 Rest Stop Identified, May Be Homicide (Nov '10) Nov 8 lil bit 16
More from around the web