Weather extreme challenge for makeover

Weather extreme challenge for makeover

There are 24 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Weather extreme challenge for makeover. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

The excitement is building in Voluntown. Crews are working quickly to make sure the Extreme Makeover home is ready for a family's return later today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gem

West Haven, CT

#1 Dec 11, 2008
this man is awesome ty thanks for givimg back everyone should have alittle ty in them
Mom in Southern CT

East Haven, CT

#2 Dec 11, 2008
I agree. I think Ty is great!
WAKE UP PEOPLE

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Dec 11, 2008
creampie surprise wrote:
Dont you think the train delays in southern CT will affect a few more people than this b.s. story!
If the train delays are more important to you, then why are you wasting your time posting here? Are you stuck on the train?
what the

Southold, NY

#6 Dec 11, 2008
creampie surprise wrote:
Dont you think the train delays in southern CT will affect a few more people than this b.s. story!
Your BS attitude is what makes people like you so hated.Why don't you go have a large cup of GFY and leave this family alone to enjoy the kindness of others.People like you make me sick...go jump in front of the train...loser !!
Happy

Boston, MA

#7 Dec 11, 2008
what the wrote:
<quoted text>
Your BS attitude is what makes people like you so hated.Why don't you go have a large cup of GFY and leave this family alone to enjoy the kindness of others.People like you make me sick...go jump in front of the train...loser !!
Don't waste your time.They are just jealous.
what

Ronkonkoma, NY

#8 Dec 11, 2008
creampie surprise wrote:
WOW this is such an unimportant story! Some rich person getting even richer.
WOW can you be more negative!
Jen

North Billerica, MA

#9 Dec 11, 2008
Seems like the home is close to complete! I'm sure the family will love it! Thanks TY!

“Hunter and Proud of it!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 11, 2008
creampie surprise wrote:
Look clueless, this family is NOT rich, they live in my town, I've helped on this project, and Carol's children go to school with my children, they are a very deserving family, and I couldn't be happier for them!! Get a clue, it's not all about YOU!!

True Story!!
lisa

Andover, CT

#11 Dec 11, 2008
ty shmy, he doesnt take it upon himself to do this..he gets OVER paid to do this. It's the NETWORK that you should be praising...and the people that watch this show. Not Ty
Tyler Durden

New London, CT

#12 Dec 11, 2008
lisa wrote:
ty shmy, he doesnt take it upon himself to do this..he gets OVER paid to do this. It's the NETWORK that you should be praising...and the people that watch this show. Not Ty
Spokesmodels still need to keep a persona in line with the product they pitch...

I doubt he's what most of us would consider a "bad guy"...
lisa

Andover, CT

#13 Dec 11, 2008
didnt say he's a bad guy, just said he's not the one that should get the praise
Tyler Durden

New London, CT

#14 Dec 11, 2008
lisa wrote:
didnt say he's a bad guy, just said he's not the one that should get the praise
Then, with your clarification, we are on the same page...

thanks...
GGGggg

Watertown, MA

#15 Dec 11, 2008
God bless them
Blah

Andover, CT

#16 Dec 11, 2008
Ummmm they think this is bad.. they should be glad they aren't trying to do this in February.
notsurprised

East Hartford, CT

#17 Dec 11, 2008
You should be praising (and purchasing from )Sears. They provide ALL of the appliances in these homes, and a LOT of the funding to pay for all of this. Sears is the one who is really giving back.
Jen

North Billerica, MA

#18 Dec 11, 2008
There are a lot of people who should be thanked, Ty is one, Sears is another, the contractors and volunteers are another. There are hundreds of people to thank and im sure the family is greatful. But, Ty is the one who runs the show and sticks out the most. Thanks to all!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#19 Dec 11, 2008
creampie surprise wrote:
I know, right? I clicked on the story link and thought I'd see a house in a dumpy neighborhood, and I see like a 2 acre yard and this huge house. Crap, they should come make over my apartment.
Holiday

United States

#20 Dec 11, 2008
creampie surprise wrote:
well it's very obviouse that you did not hear or read about the great tragedy this family has had. And you better hope that you never need any help from your community because with that attitude you will not get any help!!! And by the way NO ONE IS GETTING RICH OFF THIS!!!!!!!
Jen

North Billerica, MA

#21 Dec 11, 2008
Holiday wrote:
<quoted text>well it's very obviouse that you did not hear or read about the great tragedy this family has had. And you better hope that you never need any help from your community because with that attitude you will not get any help!!! And by the way NO ONE IS GETTING RICH OFF THIS!!!!!!!
I couldn't have said it better myself! Seriously, people are such Jerks! But, As I always say, what goes around comes around!
Sharon

AOL

#22 Dec 11, 2008
Please don't misunderstand me when I say that I worry about a single moms ability to keep up and pay the outrageous taxes that will be placed upon her. I am so glad that she got a beautiful new home but I think it was built to the extreme. The house will place a tremendous tax burden on her and I am afraid a single mom with 4 kids to support will find this hard to manage. The house will probably be (at least to me) valued at better than a million or two. I congradulate her and wish her the best and hope this helps to heal her heartach but I also pray she will be able to pay the taxes to KEEP this beautiful new home. The heartbreak of losing it would do nothing more than add to the heartbreak she has already experienced. God bless and good luck to the entire family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harwinton man convicted of money scam arrested ... (Jun '08) Jul 18 Dudahead1 13
News Woman's plea for 'help' called scam (Mar '08) Jun '17 Thanks for the wa... 78
News Police say Conn. cop punched Lake George officer (Aug '08) May '17 Yidfellas v USA 45
News Corruption in Connecticut politics (Jun '13) May '17 AIPAC mohels 13
News Former police officer pleads guilty in Internet... (Apr '08) May '17 USS LIBERTY 18
News Poor quality paving complaints (Nov '08) Apr '17 jim 22
News Atlantic Wire in Branford closes (Aug '08) Mar '17 Regan 22
More from around the web