Coyote sighting in Old Saybrook

Coyote sighting in Old Saybrook

There are 59 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Jan 11, 2009, titled Coyote sighting in Old Saybrook. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Police say there was a reported coyote sighting today near the Food Bag off I-95 near Exit 66.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jackie

Deep River, CT

#1 Jan 11, 2009
Coyotes are all over the shoreline im sure in this weather they are out looking for food too...sheesh
willy lump lump

New Hartford, CT

#2 Jan 11, 2009
You leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. If you see one or two, don't worry, if you see three, worry a little, Four climb a tree. They're pack animals and cowardly unless they're in a pack. what dis this one do? Ran back in the woods when spotted.
Howdy Dowdy

New Haven, CT

#3 Jan 11, 2009
So why waste time reporting on it?
There must be something more important like say, THE ECONOMY to report on.
Heres a news flash.....Animals live on this planet
Edumacated

Ansonia, CT

#4 Jan 11, 2009
I saw a seagull once in Old Saybrook, and it did not make the news.
Toonces

United States

#5 Jan 11, 2009
Jackie wrote:
Coyotes are all over the shoreline im sure in this weather they are out looking for food too...sheesh
Coyotes taste like chicken!!!
Waaaaaaitttttttt t

Brookline, MA

#6 Jan 11, 2009
How is this news?
Mom of 2

Wolcott, CT

#7 Jan 11, 2009
Wow! Amazing, information filled story! Come to Wolcott, I hear the coyotes howling almost every night down the street. Something got attacked in my yard over the summer. Should this really be news?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 11, 2009
I saw two raccoons in the back yard the other night. A few weeks ago I saw a family of deer. Whoopie.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 11, 2009
Funny story about raccoons, though, during the summer I used a laser pointer to make them chase the red dot like they were kittens. It was pretty funny. They kept try to catch it :)
niina franco

Uncasville, CT

#10 Jan 11, 2009
so what else is new--they are everywhere. I was in Westbrook recently and saw one in the outlets parking lot. Just make sure you take in your pets at nights.
KEERY P

Bedford, TX

#11 Jan 11, 2009
whooo a coyote these people act like they never saw one before, get over it, they probably dont like seeing you either and are highly afraid of you, leave it alone. this does not need to be in the news!
rob

Yarmouth Port, MA

#12 Jan 11, 2009
Odd, I see them quite often off schoolhouse road. I did not think they were mysterious creatures.
Georgean

New Haven, CT

#13 Jan 11, 2009
I live in Wallingford, CT, off of Ward St. Ext. The area is not very rural at all. Twice now, once at about 10:00 p.m. and the second time around 11:30 a.m., I have seen a coyote in my backyard. Two other neighbors nearby that I have spoken to have also seen, hopefully, the same coyote. It does run away when it's seen. So, I'm thinking it is healthy, not rabid. I know with development of our wooded areas it is not uncommon to see this type of wildlife in our backyards. I just worry about cats and dogs that are left out to fend for themselves.
Silvio

Ansonia, CT

#14 Jan 12, 2009
Maybe he plans on opening a Coyote Ugly Bar & Grill in the abondoned big Y site.
Edumacated

Ansonia, CT

#15 Jan 12, 2009
Hey folks, I just tried to find this story on a competing stations web site and could not. Was this a hot Channel 8 exclusive?????????? Reporting at it's best!
woodswalker

Wallingford, CT

#16 Jan 12, 2009
Whew... I'm glad THE Coyote was seen over there and not in my back yard where the back yard bunnies live.
Foamer King

Spotsylvania, VA

#17 Jan 12, 2009
This is not news. I have them in my yard all the time, and I live in Niantic.
Old Navy Gunner

New Hartford, CT

#18 Jan 12, 2009
I don't have coyotes anymore, but the deer are coming everynight and devouring my shrubs. Not much to eat in the woods this year, real poor acorn and nut crop.
who cares

Hartford, CT

#19 Jan 12, 2009
Who cares! Up in Torrington/Harwinton area we have these things as well as foxes all over, and that's not reported.

I saw a bird once flying from house to house, can the news report that as well?:)
RoadRunner

Moodus, CT

#20 Jan 12, 2009
who cares wrote:
Who cares! Up in Torrington/Harwinton area we have these things as well as foxes all over, and that's not reported.
I saw a bird once flying from house to house, can the news report that as well?:)
Who cares? I CARE!
Beep! Beep!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Noise ordinance considered in Norwich (May '08) Jan 29 kathy ramos224 10
News Woman's plea for 'help' called scam (Mar '08) Jan '18 CitizenSane 79
News News Channel celebrates 60th birthday (Jun '08) Jan '18 Lynn 36
News Chevy dealer crushes the competition (Jan '09) Dec '17 Rachel 56
News Inmate claims police task force tortured him in... (Apr '08) Oct '17 LISATITUS 101
News Atlantic Wire in Branford closes (Aug '08) Sep '17 bill 23
News Harwinton man convicted of money scam arrested ... (Jun '08) Jul '17 Dudahead1 13
More from around the web