FCCJ Employee Arrested for Embezzlement

FCCJ Employee Arrested for Embezzlement

There are 95 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Feb 15, 2008, titled FCCJ Employee Arrested for Embezzlement. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

An FCCJ employee is accused of stealing more than $100,000 from the college. 47-year-old Cheryl Chesser was arrested Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
MLM

Orange Park, FL

#1 Feb 16, 2008
IT AMAZES ME THAT INTERNAL AUDITS ARE NOT DONE ON A MONTHLY OR AT LEAST QUARTERLY BASES IN ORDER TO NIP THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR IN THE BUD. WHEN A COMPANY OR IN THIS CASE COMM. COLLEGE GETS WACKED LIKE THIS THROUGH CARELESSNESS IT IS HARD NOT TO BLAME THE 'VICTIM'.
WonderWoman

Saint Augustine, FL

#2 Feb 16, 2008
It's wrong to judge anyone without having all evidence at your fingertips. Just because you read the information the press has provided to you does not mean what they are telling you is the truth.
WonderWoman

Saint Augustine, FL

#3 Feb 16, 2008
MLM wrote:
IT AMAZES ME THAT INTERNAL AUDITS ARE NOT DONE ON A MONTHLY OR AT LEAST QUARTERLY BASES IN ORDER TO NIP THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR IN THE BUD. WHEN A COMPANY OR IN THIS CASE COMM. COLLEGE GETS WACKED LIKE THIS THROUGH CARELESSNESS IT IS HARD NOT TO BLAME THE 'VICTIM'.
Why do you type in all 'cap' letters? Not only is it harder to read that but it is the net equivalent to shouting.
william

Taylorsville, NC

#4 Feb 16, 2008
This is a college of higher learning and they don't notice that money is missing until it hits $100,000? Wow.
Jax native

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Feb 16, 2008
This is just the tip of the iceburg, I am sure there are more doing the same ,they just havent been caught.Maybe this is why empoloyees are getting laid off due to miss appropriation of funds like this.Shame ,Shame this is careless for an institution.
FCCJ Hater

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Feb 16, 2008
They are all crooks at FCCJ! They want yuor money and then try to screw you at every turn. She was only the tip of the iceberg. Save your money and go to a real school .....
FCCJ Hater

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Feb 16, 2008
I meant to say "your", not "yuor".

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#8 Feb 16, 2008
william wrote:
This is a college of higher learning and they don't notice that money is missing until it hits $100,000? Wow.
Define "higher learning"....
Concerned Citizen
#9 Feb 16, 2008
Hmmm... someone needs to check her background history. Don't believe this is the first time this woman has done this... and in Duval County!!
william

Taylorsville, NC

#10 Feb 16, 2008
Joe_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Something that has "nothing" to do with you.
MLM

Orange Park, FL

#11 Feb 16, 2008
WonderWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you type in all 'cap' letters? Not only is it harder to read that but it is the net equivalent to shouting.
I intended for my message to be the equivalent of shouting. I work for a company that was ripped off in a much larger way over a shorter period of time and I know for a fact that internal audits would easily have detected a problem. I have zero tolerance for theft and unaccountability.
Project Pat

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Feb 16, 2008
souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuthsiiiiiiii iiiiiide
WonderWoman

Saint Augustine, FL

#13 Feb 16, 2008
Joe_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Education or academic accomplishment at the college or university level."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/higher+learn...
What the

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#14 Feb 16, 2008
Joe_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You think your UNF degree will be worth much more? hahahaha
Beancounter

Kodak, TN

#15 Feb 16, 2008
Proper accounting procedures require a manager to sign off on procurement card statements monthly and a periodic review by the controller. In my never humble opinion, a manager should be arrested and charged with abetting!
Proud FCCJ RN Student

Cordova, TN

#16 Feb 16, 2008
FCCJ Hater wrote:
They are all crooks at FCCJ! They want yuor money and then try to screw you at every turn. She was only the tip of the iceberg. Save your money and go to a real school .....
what the hell? i certainly don't feel "screwed". a "real school"? what, UNF? i have saved a LOT more money going to FCCJ, and i certainly do value smaller class sizes and just as good (if not better) professors!
don't even knock on our nursing program, we have one of the highest NCLEX passing rates in florida. we are always tied with UNF, most of the time we beat them.
the quality of education at FCCJ has absolutely nothing to do with this story. some lame-o employee that wasn't even a professor stole some damn money. now shut the eff up.
Proud FCCJ RN Student

Cordova, TN

#17 Feb 16, 2008
What the wrote:
<quoted text>You think your UNF degree will be worth much more? hahahaha
right on. i know people with bachelor's degrees from FSU and UNF that are still struggling to get jobs in their fields.

i so want a bachelor's degree so i can work at starbucks! not that there's anything wrong with working at starbucks, but damn, you have a bachelor's.
tas

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Feb 16, 2008
FCCJ Hater wrote:
I'm doing VERY well with my FCCJ education. Thank you very much!
What the

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#19 Feb 16, 2008
Proud FCCJ RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
right on. i know people with bachelor's degrees from FSU and UNF that are still struggling to get jobs in their fields.
i so want a bachelor's degree so i can work at starbucks! not that there's anything wrong with working at starbucks, but damn, you have a bachelor's.
Good for you RN student. My wife graduated from the program in 2005. She did her clinicals at St. Vincents, worked there for a couple of years and now she is at Shands. She loves it. Also, her w-2 for last year was $82,571 (lots of OT)
Jax native

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Feb 16, 2008
Lets stick to the subject.Maybe out side auditors will come in to investigate this but all the funds and how they are being distributed. Starting at the top, no one should be excluded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

First Coast News Jacksonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do blacks think white people owe them (Nov '07) Jul 25 Nellie 825
News Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clay... (Aug '07) Jul 24 Francine 260
News Half-cent sales tax on November ballot for St. ... Jul 24 hanseatic 2
News Spaceport coming to Southeast Georgia? Jul 23 anaon 2
News Georgia residents don't have to travel far to b... Jul 22 Resident 1
News Gov. Scott announces protections from ISIS for ... Jul 21 truth 2
News Lake City bank robber on run; armed and dangerous Jul 20 lil 1
More from around the web