Three shot at Lawrence club

Full story: WISH-TV 8 Indiana News

Officers are looking for someone who shot three people at a club in Lawrence.A A The shootingA happened just afterA 2 a.m. SaturdayA at Club Escalade on 38th street near Shadeland Avenue.A Witnesses say the ...

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of93
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
New Pal Girl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

DIVA wrote:
So why have you only commented to one another and not given condolences to the injured?
WELL..... Condolences usually go (from me, as least) to the people deserving of them. No one who is in a 'club' at 2 AM deserves condolences. If they were home in bed at that hour (like me) then they wouldn't be dead/injured (like me). People who go to these places at this hour ask for trouble. And they usually get it in spades...
New Pal Girl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks...
They just have a guilty conscience...
I know you don't much care for my "bluntness" sometimes, but I really am just tired of being so "PC" everywhere.
I just want to say "shut up and be polite"
or "get to work, you are late"
or "the line forms back there"
or "get out of the middle of the road!"
or "excuse me you threw your baby's used diaper in my yard"
or "put your trash in the trash can and it will get picked up on Tuesday"
Or...
You get my drift...
It is so easy for people in the "burbs" to look down their noses at my attitudes but (not saying you do, but others) I am right here on the front lines of trash, broken glass, cussing and spitting and it is just rude.
And to top it all off they kill and maim each other and I get to pay for it.
Just the truth.
Actually, your bluntness is shocking and refreshing all at the same time. I always enjoy your posts and I agree with the truth given therein...

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

New Pal Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL..... Condolences usually go (from me, as least) to the people deserving of them. No one who is in a 'club' at 2 AM deserves condolences. If they were home in bed at that hour (like me) then they wouldn't be dead/injured (like me). People who go to these places at this hour ask for trouble. And they usually get it in spades...
yes thats right Im sure Mrs.Perfect AKA "New Pal girl " has never been to a club or a bar.Im sure she has never stayed out past 11 pm in her life.Must be nice to live in your perfect naive world LOL!!!!
Starlett Miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

DIVA wrote:
So why have you only commented to one another and not given condolences to the injured?
Condolences?! HA!

Who do you think paid for all the bloodshed that night?

The health insurance companies of the "victims"?
The "victims" themselves?

Noooo...

IT WAS THE TAXPAYERS!

People like me.

Chances are, THE TAXPAYERS are paying for the "victims" rent, food AND their illegitimate childrens food as well.

Screw the "victims" I am sick of the "victims"
There are far too many "victims" coming from one "area" of society.

You wonder why people say negative things about "some" people.
DIVA

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

THANKS AMERIE!

Just because you go out to a club does not warrant for anyone to shoot you or your friends!

New Pal girl, grow up and get a heart! I pray for you and all like you!
Starlett Miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

DIVA wrote:
THANKS AMERIE!
Just because you go out to a club does not warrant for anyone to shoot you or your friends!
New Pal girl, grow up and get a heart! I pray for you and all like you!
YES it does.

Simply because you were at the kind of bar where people bring their guns with them warrants you getting shot.

If you go where there may be trouble then don't be surprised when it happens.
New Pal Girl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Amerie wrote:
<quoted text>
yes thats right Im sure Mrs.Perfect AKA "New Pal girl " has never been to a club or a bar.Im sure she has never stayed out past 11 pm in her life.Must be nice to live in your perfect naive world LOL!!!!
Whatever...You don't get it... You will NEVER get it...And I'm not in the mood to help you get it...

No, I don't go to bars. I have high standards, so when I get the occasional margarita or glass of wine, it is from a respectable establishment. Yes, I am usually in bed by 11 PM. I have a job... I have responsibilities... Responsible people with jobs are like me -- in bed asleep, so we can get up early to start the new day. And we awaken ALIVE, UNINJURED, and healthy to start the new day.

Yes, I love living in New Palestine. It's safe. It's quiet. And, I have to admit, I am a bit niave, but I'm alive and safe...I consider that a decent trade-off for hardened knowledge of how the thug side lives....
security

Paw Paw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
YES it does.
Simply because you were at the kind of bar where people bring their guns with them warrants you getting shot.
The escalade is open to people to rent out it is not just a club of people yes it is open to the public but this night like every other night for the last 7years someone rented the club out for a BIRTHDAY PARTY the guy who got shot it was his BIRTHDAY this club is not a CLUB that is just open and lets anyone in it is for people to rent out and have fun like i said the club been open for over 7 years and you dont hear about the club on the news because this is not a everday or every year type thing this is a one time thing that we hope and pray does not happen ever again at the Escalade or at any other club, bar, rank, appt., or someones home you guys on here just dont know the facts you need to read what i have commented because i was there now WAS YOU
security

Paw Paw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Condolences?! HA!
Noooo...
IT WAS THE TAXPAYERS!
People like me.
Chances are, THE TAXPAYERS are paying for the "victims" rent, food AND their illegitimate childrens food as well.
my heart goes out to the victims because they all have jobs and they dont live off of tax payers money for all you know they make more money then you they might pay more taxes in a year then you do in your life HAVE A HEART this people did not wish this to happen to their self it was the guys birthday and that is why he rented the club out
JanetM

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

When the subject of black on black shootings and murder appears you can count on the self righteous posts telling us that we are not to judge, criticize, or condemn. Most of the time its because we are to accept the reasoning that its a cultural thing and that is a code word for "excuse" it. You folks who want to excuse it and use high sounding words to justify that reasoning are partially responsible for the black on black crime problem and its increase. It is just plain dangerous to be in sections of Marion County/Indianapolis after midnight. No good thing happens at a bar/nightclub after midnight but decent people should be able to drive at night without being shot at/car jacked/assaulted/robbed, etc.!
JanetM

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

security wrote:
<quoted text>
The escalade is open to people to rent out it is not just a club of people yes it is open to the public but this night like every other night for the last 7years someone rented the club out for a BIRTHDAY PARTY the guy who got shot it was his BIRTHDAY this club is not a CLUB that is just open and lets anyone in it is for people to rent out and have fun like i said the club been open for over 7 years and you dont hear about the club on the news because this is not a everday or every year type thing this is a one time thing that we hope and pray does not happen ever again at the Escalade or at any other club, bar, rank, appt., or someones home you guys on here just dont know the facts you need to read what i have commented because i was there now WAS YOU
A sentence which is a whole paragraph long with no punctuation. Were you paying attention in English class? Probably not!!
DIVA

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Condolences?! HA!
Noooo...
IT WAS THE TAXPAYERS!
People like me.
once again you are wrong.....Get the facts and then see how much you DON"T know!!!!!

They all work hard on their jobs,pay taxes and insurance. We were having a good time and bothering no one.when all of a suddent the music stopped and then came the drama.
these are my friends, I was there and I am a hard working taxpayer as well!

So only speak on what and who you know...reading the paper and watching the news gets you nowhere. Hang with me for a while and you will see we are good hardworking people.**** I probably help you and your family where I work!!!!!

Get it right!!!!!!!
Amerie

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always on the other side.
Your comments more often than not support the criminals in the story, simply because you know who and what they are.
You would rather be in a dangerous crowd in the parking lot of a bar at two AM than safe at home?
You would probably wonder why you got shot and expect someone else to pay for your injuries too.
Typical ghetto trash.
um go back and read my comment and show me where I was supporting the criminals in my comment....Dont worry Ill wait.....

Just what I thought If you go back and read my comment again you will see that I was actually defending the innocent VICTIMS.you and New Pal should be upset with the shooters instead of blaming it on the victims....Who were there to have a good time.I guess if you and the wife catch a 9o'clock show and the movie lets out at 11pm and some idiots decide they want to shoot up the parking lot and your wife gets shot and killed then it will be her fault too...
Amerie

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

DIVA wrote:
<quoted text>
once again you are wrong.....Get the facts and then see how much you DON"T know!!!!!
They all work hard on their jobs,pay taxes and insurance. We were having a good time and bothering no one.when all of a suddent the music stopped and then came the drama.
these are my friends, I was there and I am a hard working taxpayer as well!
So only speak on what and who you know...reading the paper and watching the news gets you nowhere. Hang with me for a while and you will see we are good hardworking people.**** I probably help you and your family where I work!!!!!
Get it right!!!!!!!
Starlette thinks he is the only one that works and pay taxes......
Amerie

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

New Pal Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever...You don't get it... You will NEVER get it...And I'm not in the mood to help you get it...
No, I don't go to bars. I have high standards, so when I get the occasional margarita or glass of wine, it is from a respectable establishment. Yes, I am usually in bed by 11 PM. I have a job... I have responsibilities... Responsible people with jobs are like me -- in bed asleep, so we can get up early to start the new day. And we awaken ALIVE, UNINJURED, and healthy to start the new day.
Yes, I love living in New Palestine. It's safe. It's quiet. And, I have to admit, I am a bit niave, but I'm alive and safe...I consider that a decent trade-off for hardened knowledge of how the thug side lives....
yeah lets just hope that the bartender who just lost his job from this "respectable establishment" doesnt shoot up the place while you are in there.and kill you or your husband .But hey that will be you and you and your husbands fault .am I RIGHT How dare you guys go out and have a good time and and a few drinks...Why would you leave your home when there is so much danger out there .....

You dont want to go there with me because everytime you make a blanket idiotic comment I call you out on it ...Yeah you make sure you stay in New Palenstine because you would loose it in the real world...
Amerie

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always on the other side.
Your comments more often than not support the criminals in the story, simply because you know who and what they are.
You would rather be in a dangerous crowd in the parking lot of a bar at two AM than safe at home?
You would probably wonder why you got shot and expect someone else to pay for your injuries too.
Typical ghetto trash.
No sweetie your wrong again I work every day and have insurance ....If I get shot Anthem will be footing the bill Im covered thanks for being concerned ....
please

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Will someone PLEASE add more chlorine to the gene pool???
security

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

JanetM wrote:
<quoted text>A sentence which is a whole paragraph long with no punctuation. Were you paying attention in English class? Probably not!!
This is a blog not a class room
setting.......... So punctuation is not what we are hear for........ You must not have a job,or a life, beacause if you did you would not be tring to pick a fight on a blog.......... You must be one of those people who got beat up as a kid and or had no friends. huh huh lol... do you know what that is lol....Or was you the nerd of your school. Or I bet that you went home everyday sad and cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry....$-(:+( so now you try to take it out on the word.......... Well guess what NO ONE is on hear for you so just SHUT UP. Get a job an get some friends........ I feel sorry for you......

p.s. HOW WAS MY PUNCTUATION old smart one wit no life, nor friends.

P.S.S GROW UP
security

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 16, 2009

Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
YES it does.
What you said made no since.

HOW DO PEOPLE KNOW WHEN ITS GOING TO BE TROUBLE. This was a birthday party

every time you get in a car it is a chance you could get kill in a car crash. So what do we do as people stop driving. YEAH RIGHT. When gas was over $4 a gal people was still on the move. You have to live life and not go around scared of what could might maybe happen. And no one brings guns in the club o smart one get a clue.

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 17, 2009

security wrote:
<quoted text>
What you said made no since.
HOW DO PEOPLE KNOW WHEN ITS GOING TO BE TROUBLE. This was a birthday party
every time you get in a car it is a chance you could get kill in a car crash. So what do we do as people stop driving. YEAH RIGHT. When gas was over $4 a gal people was still on the move. You have to live life and not go around scared of what could might maybe happen. And no one brings guns in the club o smart one get a clue.
You are trying to make us believe apples are now oranges. I dont care what you say people DO bring guns into clubs be they private parties in a rented out building or an every day establishment that allows any Tom, Dick, or Tyrone in and when security is good enough the guns are left with in reach so they can be retrieved and used at any moment.

From all accounts there was a fight, in this case a black on black fight (once again) and several black men were shot (once again). I agree some comments on these topics can be very racist but in the end many posters are to the point and no matter how harsh their choice of words are they have the truths to back their statements.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of93
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent WISH-TV 8 Indiana News Discussions

Search the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ATA discontinues all flights, files for bankruptcy (Apr '08) Apr 22 Succesor Companies 10
Tips for paying down debt (Feb '09) Mar 26 Christel 6
Economy has more using cash not credit (Mar '09) Mar 26 Clemmy 3
Local couple gets out from under debt (Mar '09) Mar 26 Hillary 36
walfare drug testing Feb '14 Lisa 1
Noblesville man arrested for two armed robberies (Feb '08) Feb '14 Anon 5
IMPD makes quick arrest in northeast side homicide (Jun '08) Jan '14 janelemondrop 19
•••