Three shot at Lawrence club

There are 20 comments on the Feb 14, 2009, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story titled Three shot at Lawrence club. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Officers are looking for someone who shot three people at a club in Lawrence.A A The shootingA happened just afterA 2 a.m. SaturdayA at Club Escalade on 38th street near Shadeland Avenue.A Witnesses say the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
fed-up

Marysville, OH

#1 Feb 14, 2009
When are these people going to wake-up and see that this city is headed in the wrong direction?Something will have-to-be-done to stop all this unnecessary violence.This city is getting out of control.
sick and tired

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 14, 2009
someone needs a new map- this is literally the other side of the tracks from Lawrence. As bad as Lawrence is getting, we're not shooting each other!

“Nosey just like you”

Since: Feb 08

where I lay my head

#3 Feb 14, 2009
sick and tired wrote:
someone needs a new map- this is literally the other side of the tracks from Lawrence. As bad as Lawrence is getting, we're not shooting each other!
I have to agree while living in Lawrence we were under the impression that anything on the south side of Pendleton Pike was Indianpolis, guess they felt Lawerence needed some excitement added to its roster.

People think this is bad, just wait until summer it is going to escalate beyond a shooting here and there it will become a daily news read once the weather gets better.
hmmm

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2009
They need to make bullets cost 100 dallars for hand guns and sell a rubber type head for target practice or shooting ranges.
Starlett Miller

Raymond, OH

#5 Feb 14, 2009
38th street.... Aaaaaaaaagain...
Ben dover

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Feb 14, 2009
thin the herd! who cares?
RetiredUSAFVet

San Francisco, CA

#10 Feb 14, 2009
Happy Valentine's Day!
goering

Crawfordsville, IN

#11 Feb 14, 2009
RetiredUSAFVet wrote:
Happy Valentine's Day!
Yup! From Al and the boys. Eighty years and counting.
Bannor

Brownsburg, IN

#12 Feb 14, 2009
Thinning the Herd

“Splat!”

Since: Sep 08

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Feb 14, 2009
Thank you 38th street. You never disappoint us.
ghettotired

Fishers, IN

#14 Feb 14, 2009
It's such a fine upstanding club. I would have never thought.
Ed Turner

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Feb 14, 2009
I've been reading blogs for a long time and I've gotten use to racist comments, which in and of itself is a sad statement, but after all this time I want to ask those of you who make the comments, 1. Are you aware your comments are racist and offensive? 2. If you and I were having a face to face discussion would you make racist comments to my face? And the last question which I really would like you to sincerely answer this if you don't mind, do you have friends who are of another race? Thanks, looking forward to your answers. God Bless.
Gilly

Mount Wolf, PA

#16 Feb 14, 2009
I swear every shooting I read about happens in Lawrence. They really need to clean that area up/
Eastside

Fishers, IN

#17 Feb 14, 2009
The overwhelming number of thugs in this town have little or no fear of the consequences for their actions. Frequent public executions of criminals on monument circle would solve this problem.
goering

Crawfordsville, IN

#19 Feb 14, 2009
Ed Turner wrote:
I've been reading blogs for a long time and I've gotten use to racist comments, which in and of itself is a sad statement, but after all this time I want to ask those of you who make the comments, 1. Are you aware your comments are racist and offensive? 2. If you and I were having a face to face discussion would you make racist comments to my face? And the last question which I really would like you to sincerely answer this if you don't mind, do you have friends who are of another race? Thanks, looking forward to your answers. God Bless.
I am not racist...to answer
1.I DO NOT make racist comments. 2. Same as 1. Last question...Yes! As with whites and all other colors, most are great persons, a few are not. These are the ones racists hang their hats on.
You sound like a very good person. Far better than some of the bigots on these posts.
Ed Turner

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Feb 14, 2009
goering wrote:
<quoted text>
1.I DO NOT make racist comments. 2. Same as 1. Last question...Yes! As with whites and all other colors, most are great persons, a few are not. These are the ones racists hang their hats on.
You sound like a very good person. Far better than some of the bigots on these posts.
That you for the reply. I'm can tell you are not one of those who make racist comments. And for the record I would be offensive if a black person were making racist comments also. Anyone for that matter. Thanks again. I suppose the people who do make those comments will not reply to my post.
Ed Turner

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Feb 14, 2009
goering wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I mean I would be "offended" if people of my own race made racist comments.
Future Hall of Famer

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Feb 14, 2009
To Mr Turner
The funny thing about most of the crimes that make the paper especially with night clubs they are usually the same clientele. It is very stereotypical but is usually true. Most of these clubs that cater to these people are usually eyesores to the community. So it doesnt really hurt my feelings at the least that they continue to shoot eachother.
Ed Turner

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Feb 14, 2009
Future Hall of Famer wrote:
To Mr Turner
The funny thing about most of the crimes that make the paper especially with night clubs they are usually the same clientele. It is very stereotypical but is usually true. Most of these clubs that cater to these people are usually eyesores to the community. So it doesnt really hurt my feelings at the least that they continue to shoot eachother.
Dear Sir I understand your point of view but you did not answer my questions concerning racism. Would you read my questions again and try to answer them as they are presented? I would really appreciate it.
Ed Turner

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Feb 14, 2009
Mr. Rogers would you mind aswering my questions? I'm really trying to understand why someone would make such a comment. Thank you and God Bless you.
WILLIAM A ROGERS wrote:
Another black in trouble with the law.....say it ain't so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WISH-TV 8 Indiana News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Legal Meth - An I-Team 8 Investigation (Feb '08) Apr 7 MTalley 87
News Teen mom who abandoned newborn arrested (Jan '09) Apr 3 page 28
News Police make $6-million drug bust in Harlan (Mar '08) Apr 3 page 61
News Police: Man tried to buy girl for $500 (Dec '08) Feb '15 Loudmouth bigot 22
News WISHTV.com wants your feedback (Feb '08) Feb '15 rosie 15
News Deputies won't face discipline in case of motor... (Apr '08) Dec '14 the truth 14
News Kentucky set to ban under 18 thrill ride operators (Apr '08) Oct '14 Angie 7
More from around the web