Controversy brews over Obama's beer

Controversy brews over Obama's beer

There are 33 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Mar 4, 2009, titled Controversy brews over Obama's beer. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Obama's arrival delayed the start of the game by a few minutes and the president left the game early, but what got many people's attention was the sight of Obama drinking a beer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dixkat

United States

#1 Mar 4, 2009
For God sakes ,one beer is't cause him to push the wrong buttom. With all the things some of these other Presidents done, I don't think he's ready for AAA. He is human. People who live in glass houses should'nt throw rocks.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#2 Mar 4, 2009
Ok...so...The guy puffs a smoke and drinks a beer, Geee...as if...

I would be a bit less trusting of a man that wouldn't touch a beer at a ball game...

this is such a non-story...
KELVIN D

Commercial Point, OH

#3 Mar 4, 2009
Wow did you see how many more people were drinking beer also!!!!!!!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#4 Mar 4, 2009
dixkat wrote:
For God sakes ,one beer is't cause him to push the wrong buttom. With all the things some of these other Presidents done, I don't think he's ready for AAA. He is human. People who live in glass houses should'nt throw rocks.
Triple AAA is the car club...so no with limos and all he probably doesn't need that...I think they keep a pit crew in the trunk...

The only problem I could see is if he were driving.... so since he has a designated driver what is the problem? Shhesh.....wonder what issues they would have made if he had put a hotdog in his mouth? Accused him of being a closet bathroom Republican?
bartin mormann

Crawfordsville, IN

#5 Mar 4, 2009
Marilyn -MW wrote:
<quoted text>Triple AAA is the car club...so no with limos and all he probably doesn't need that...I think they keep a pit crew in the trunk...
The only problem I could see is if he were driving.... so since he has a designated driver what is the problem? Shhesh.....wonder what issues they would have made if he had put a hotdog in his mouth? Accused him of being a closet bathroom Republican?
THAT was verrrry FUNNY! Laffing my tush off!

Since: Apr 08

Pryor, OK

#6 Mar 4, 2009
OMG seriously he is a grown man...Let the man have a beer

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#7 Mar 4, 2009
I guess now the Republicans are going to label Obama an alcoholic? In some ways it's going to be a loooong 4 years.
Mr Comment

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Mar 4, 2009
I didn't vote for him. I don't agree with his policies. But having a beer at a ball game is about as American as it gets.

Since: Apr 08

Pryor, OK

#9 Mar 4, 2009
Ralexa wrote:
I guess now the Republicans are going to label Obama an alcoholic? In some ways it's going to be a loooong 4 years.
yep this story is going to be on Hannity ..you KNOW he is going to find a way to spin this

“Few know”

Since: Mar 09

and fewer learn

#10 Mar 4, 2009
I'd be more worried about him continuing Bush's policies of spending this country into shambles or the lack of judgement shown by selecting tax cheats for his cabinet nominees than whether or not he is drinking a beer.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 4, 2009
bartin mormann wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT was verrrry FUNNY! Laffing my tush off!
<curtsying > *Smile* Thany you verrrrry much....

You shoukd take a look at this thread to find new words for tush....or at least see if it has ben outlawed yet....LOL. I'm working on new ways to offend people if I'm no longer going to be allowed to curse...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/TB6B3JS...

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#12 Mar 4, 2009
Can we say culo?

Location hidden

#13 Mar 4, 2009
Marilyn -MW wrote:
<quoted text>Triple AAA is the car club...so no with limos and all he probably doesn't need that...I think they keep a pit crew in the trunk...
Probably....lol

Location hidden

#14 Mar 4, 2009
They is already writting songs about Obama.....
Thewayiseeit

Fremont, MI

#15 Mar 4, 2009
Who cares? At least he's not snortin cocaine anymore, or is he..........

“ Cavete inquit qui non mentior”

Since: Nov 07

"you get back what you give"

#16 Mar 4, 2009
Is he inhaling??
bartin mormann

Crawfordsville, IN

#17 Mar 4, 2009
Ralexa wrote:
Can we say culo?
Es una palabra Espanol??? Cullo o culla??? Esuna palabra mala???
Ja Ja Ja
Beam-James Beam

United States

#18 Mar 4, 2009
By Gawd he should have had a Beam and Coke!

Of all the other people drinking beer at that game,I wonder how many drove home after a few too many?I agree with post 2.It's a non-story.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#19 Mar 4, 2009
Who gives a ****? Call me when he's at a BBQ and is eating Pork so we can put an end or prove this Muslim thingy :-)

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#20 Mar 4, 2009
That's the first smart thing he has done since taking office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WISH-TV 8 Indiana News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gene Allison (Sep '09) Jul 24 NDgal 3
News Reese connected to double homicide, prosecutor ... (Jul '08) Jul 21 Vil Gin Ante 44
"Blessed" by "Faith" WORST MCDONALDS (Oct '08) Jul 20 rena2178 38
News Police: Indy teen arrested for murder (Feb '08) Jul 5 No name 15
News Police: Man took pictures of nude boys (Jan '10) Jun '15 dr who 2
News Police: Teen died after 65-foot jump into quarry (Jun '08) Jun '15 man 26
News Bloomington police investigate body found near ... (Mar '08) Jun '15 Jab 11
More from around the web