Anderson dispatcher on leave after ra...

Anderson dispatcher on leave after racist content on MySpace page

There are 10 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Anderson dispatcher on leave after racist content on MySpace page. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

Officials say a city police dispatcher is on administrative leave after racist and other offensive content were discovered on his MySpace page.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

“Not you average Cracker”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#1 Feb 28, 2008
Freedom of speech takes another shot in the pants!
Steve

Greencastle, IN

#2 Feb 28, 2008
I'm not condoning whatever this person may have posted on MySpace. But, in my opinion, I believe a person has a right to say what they chose on their own computer. As long as this person is professional at work, his employer has no right to interfere in his private matters. There was a similar incident with a Greencastle Middle School girl who posted something negative about the principal. If I remember correctly, it went to court and the court said this girl could not be punished by the school.
Ror

Forest, IN

#3 Feb 29, 2008
Couldn't agree more with the two previous posts. It's THEIR TIME. They're not on the clock. They aren't rapping puppies or blowing up government buildings.

Spent your time, energy, and money on something worth while!
freedomofspeechi sdead

United States

#4 Feb 29, 2008
comments may have been stupid and very dispectful but there is a little thing called the first amendment that guarantees the person can ay what he wants. As Ror stated, if this person did this stuff on the job, it's one thing, but this was done on personal time. NO ONE should be sticking their business into this issue.
the patriot

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Feb 29, 2008
I must agree, weather you like it or not he can post what he wants on the net and just because someone finds it offensive doesnt mean he can be punished at work....anderson is known for its policies on blacks, he was prolly just venting frustration and did it on my space and not at work, I bet he has a pleasent work environment to go back to now
Friend

Zionsville, IN

#6 Feb 29, 2008
I know this officer and dispatcher. He is not that way at all. He is good at his jobs and he is a great person. Yeah it was wrong, but how many people don't do stupid stuff and then regret it?? Almost everyone has. I don't feel like he meant to disrespect anyone. Who went thru MY SPACE and told on him?? Must be someone who is quite jealous of him. Maybe the City of Anderson and Edgewood Police Department should see what the others have on their MY SPACE. You would be surprised, just not Brady!!!
Mike

Carlisle, IN

#7 Feb 29, 2008
So what, big deal. As long as he can continue to be professional on the job what's the big deal of a posting on "my space" which may enter the gray areas. Not like he's out on a rampage breaking laws.
policy on blacks

Union, KY

#8 Feb 29, 2008
Just wondering? what is the "policy on blacks" in Anderson?
Kulturkampf

Howell, NJ

#9 Mar 2, 2008
policy on blacks wrote:
Just wondering? what is the "policy on blacks" in Anderson?
It's probably 3-pronged: Kill, kill, kill.
nra

Newark, OH

#10 Mar 2, 2008
freedom of speech is only for those who can afford it! Freedom of speech, it has been argued, is for only the press and not for the common man. I believe Larry Flynt was actually gagged in a court of law and he had to be rich to win. The poor can not win this argument. We must bow our heads to the suit and ties.(name and adrress with held upon request)
Bleached White wrote:
Freedom of speech takes another shot in the pants!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WISH-TV 8 Indiana News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former prison guard sentenced to 8 yrs. (Mar '09) Aug 26 Cassidy 47
News Indiana student graduates with perfect attendance (Jun '08) Jun '17 OreoOdie 9
Department of Corrections (Jun '09) May '17 FYI 2,010
News Police: Ball State professor fought cops, bit car (Apr '08) Mar '17 Karma 21
News Reese connected to double homicide, prosecutor ... (Jul '08) Feb '17 East side vengeance 45
Gene Allison (Sep '09) Jan '17 Mack 5
News Manhunt in Shelby County (Jul '08) Sep '16 thatonegay 22
More from around the web