Obamas use own money to decorate home

There are 18 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Mar 31, 2009, titled Obamas use own money to decorate home. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

The Obamas are redecorating the White House and Oval Office. But rest assured, your tax dollars are not at work here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Muskegon

#162 Apr 8, 2009
Animal Rescuer wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, my fault? What did I do other than state the truth, is it not a blackman living in public housing? At the countries expense?
What part of that isnt true.
Obama is black, or at least 1/2
The White House is owned by the people, therefore public housing.
And the expenses of living there are born by the tax payers of this country..
so where am I wrong?
Getting paid a salary that comes from taxes is not "at the taxpayer's expense". The thing that is your fault is that you continue to defend your right to make racist comments. That's wrong, and you should repent. If you're the same person, I noticed a different name on this post.
bmj

United States

#164 Apr 8, 2009
radell wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting paid a salary that comes from taxes is not "at the taxpayer's expense". The thing that is your fault is that you continue to defend your right to make racist comments. That's wrong, and you should repent. If you're the same person, I noticed a different name on this post.
I can see why he has changed his name.

“For The Love O People”

Since: Mar 08

Battle Creek MI.

#165 Apr 9, 2009
stupid is what stupid does, and this sounds like quite a few......LOL

“For The Love O People”

Battle Creek MI.

#166 Apr 9, 2009
What difference does it make that the President wants to make changes in his home for now? I'm starting to believe that people have nothing better to do except find something to look for negativity among Obama, there has to be something else yu guys can do with that energy
Shecky Goldstein

Medford, NY

#167 Apr 9, 2009
That is very vain that they are using actual money to decorate their house. With the state of the economy the way it is, there are people out there with little or no money for food and medicine.....and the Obamas think it's perfectly OK to decorate their house using money. Isn't that against the law anyway? The destruction of currency is an offense is it not?

“For The Love O People”

Battle Creek MI.

#168 Apr 9, 2009
Shecky Goldstein wrote:
That is very vain that they are using actual money to decorate their house. With the state of the economy the way it is, there are people out there with little or no money for food and medicine.....and the Obamas think it's perfectly OK to decorate their house using money. Isn't that against the law anyway? The destruction of currency is an offense is it not?
Calm Down, they have their own money, why would that upset you??? Both the President and his wife were sucessful people before they came to the white house, so what is the BIG deal???

Muskegon

#169 Apr 9, 2009
TINKERLOVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm Down, they have their own money, why would that upset you??? Both the President and his wife were sucessful people before they came to the white house, so what is the BIG deal???
He was trying, although a vain attempt, to be funny. He was deducing that they were using currency as wallpaper or something to that effect.

“For The Love O People”

Battle Creek MI.

#170 Apr 11, 2009
Oh, I forgot to laugh..........
Wise Acorn

Bronx, NY

#171 Apr 12, 2009
radell wrote:
<quoted text>
He was trying, although a vain attempt, to be funny. He was deducing that they were using currency as wallpaper or something to that effect.
That could actualy become a reality if the economy doesn't turn soon.

Charmin will come out with a new design with the excess bills from the U.S. mint.
radell

Fort Wayne, IN

#172 Apr 12, 2009
radell...thanks for advertising your liberal IQ. When you sober up read your words. Look up "moron".
Signed
The World
radell

Fort Wayne, IN

#173 Apr 12, 2009
radell wrote:
<quoted text>
obamacide
radell

Fort Wayne, IN

#174 Apr 12, 2009
bmj wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, calm yourself down. You even make your friends look worse. Read again what came out of your brain. I don't know how someone as impulsive, illogical and misinformed could even get a job let alone keep it. Why are you so angry? Do you feel better when you get this off your chest? You know when you make assumptions you really make an **** out of yourself. Well done!!
the word a** turns you liberals on? oh yeah..gay rights. Go play with your inflatable obama doll
littee

Indianapolis, IN

#175 Apr 12, 2009
well there it is our usa still racist as ever!!!

Muskegon

#176 Apr 12, 2009
radell wrote:
radell...thanks for advertising your liberal IQ. When you sober up read your words. Look up "moron".
Signed
The World
This post makes absolutely no sense. But I registered radell. Don't use it. If you don't have the courage to use a unique name to spout your nonsense, keep quiet.

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

India

#177 Apr 12, 2009
Out of the woodwork they come. For all who are giving Obama a hard time on this thread, remember it was Bush that committed many of the dollars being spent to try to re-start the economy, and rightly so. Stop being partisan and realise that this depression has all the makings of the 1930s. The saving grace is that the US and other world leaders realise this and are not "doing a Hoover".
bmj

United States

#178 Apr 12, 2009
radell wrote:
<quoted text>
the word a** turns you liberals on? oh yeah..gay rights. Go play with your inflatable obama doll
Are all you conservatives racists and homophobic? Did you ever hear of the UNITED States of America. Thank God you are only a small minority in our country, even though you make a lot of noise. Get with the 21st century. Slaves have been liberated and gays have the same basic human rights as you. Sexual preferance is a personal choice the last I checked. Face it buddy, we are a nation of diversity. Where was it said that all are created equal? And by the way in case you haven't been paying attention, I've been called worse names by you right wingers than a**.
Shecky Goldstein

Medford, NY

#179 Apr 13, 2009
radell wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!!!!

Thank you for pointing out to the Non-Mensas something I thought was rather obvious.........lol
GimmeMyCheck

High Springs, FL

#180 Aug 31, 2012
I wanna know how will Romney ever git the smell out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WISH-TV 8 Indiana News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Legal Meth - An I-Team 8 Investigation (Feb '08) Apr 7 MTalley 87
News Teen mom who abandoned newborn arrested (Jan '09) Apr '15 page 28
News Police make $6-million drug bust in Harlan (Mar '08) Apr '15 page 61
News Police: Man tried to buy girl for $500 (Dec '08) Feb '15 Loudmouth bigot 22
News WISHTV.com wants your feedback (Feb '08) Feb '15 rosie 15
News Deputies won't face discipline in case of motor... (Apr '08) Dec '14 the truth 14
News Kentucky set to ban under 18 thrill ride operators (Apr '08) Oct '14 Angie 7
More from around the web