Stepping Up Search For Cote

Stepping Up Search For Cote

There are 6 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Jul 5, 2007, titled Stepping Up Search For Cote. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

Every day that goes by without answers gives more reason for friends and family of Jonathan Cote and four others to work harder for their release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

DStearns

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jul 5, 2007
This sounds like a suicide mission if you ask me.
Jackie

Sardinia, NY

#2 Jul 6, 2007
DStearns wrote:
This sounds like a suicide mission if you ask me.
I agree. I can't even imagine what they are going through but to do something like this is only going to make things worse. The men have not been heard from since December as per the article. Why? I think we know. I pray for everyone.
Lauren

United States

#3 Jul 6, 2007
I think it is ridiculous that the government might prosicute the cote family for rasing money for terrorists. it should be against the law for the govern,ment to bribe terrorists but it shouldnt be against the law for people trying to get their family home
christine

Mount Vernon, NY

#4 Jul 10, 2007
I understand why the government has an official policy not to negotiate with terrorists. However, in a case like this, maybe private citizens can accomplish what the government can not. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the hostages.
Jim and Carol

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jul 12, 2007
We wish the best to the Families and Friends that are attempting to obtain their loved ones release.
As parents of a Marine Corps Daughter,we would do anything we possibly could if we were in the same situation.Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the hostages and hope for their release soon.
Jenny

United States

#6 Jul 18, 2007
Taken from an article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070718/ts_csm/a...

' Senior commanders acknowledge the value of contractors, especially those that are armed and ready to fight if attacked.

At his Senate confirmation hearing in January, Army Gen. David Petraeus, commander of the multinational force in Iraq, said that the "surge" by US forces in Iraq might not include enough American troops. "However, there are tens of thousands of contract security forces and [Iraqi] ministerial security forces that do, in fact, guard facilities and secure institutions," he added. "That does give me the reason to believe that we can accomplish the mission in Baghdad." '

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WGRZ Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 15 hr Mutiny 62,509
News Fatal 2 Alarm Fire in Buffalo (Sep '07) Sep 2 Dad- F O R E V E R 151
News Two Ways You Can Help Animals This Weekend (Jul '07) Aug '17 Edward22 5
News Rachel Stra Is Back In Court (Dec '07) Jun '17 Same Jen new user... 77
News What Ever Happened 2? (Apr '08) Jun '17 Mike Schul 383
News Children Taken Away From "Filthy" Home; Mother ... (Jul '07) May '17 Anonymous 59
News Experts say Shauna Mahoney was Overlooked and U... (Sep '07) Feb '17 Nicole 157
More from around the web