Allentown Hockey arena could boost op...

Allentown Hockey arena could boost opening of other small businesses

There are 14 comments on the WFMZ story from Aug 20, 2012, titled Allentown Hockey arena could boost opening of other small businesses. In it, WFMZ reports that:

The 20 week program teaches students the basics on how to develop a small business plan and goes over market research, accounting, as well as legal issues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Pander Bar

Lycksele, Sweden

#1 Aug 21, 2012
OK. Another pipe dream. Open a small business in Allentown and it will be shut down at will by the goose stepping Gestapo administration.
A-town Observer

Reading, PA

#2 Aug 21, 2012
These are the programs we need, along with imaginative business ideas by entrepreneurs. That is what will make this successful.
Twisted Sister

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Aug 21, 2012
In Allentown entrepreneurship is synonymous with government backing. The only kind of business allowed in a totalitarian state is that deemed worthy by the state and financed by the state.

"Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.[1] Totalitarian regimes stay in political power through an all-encompassing propaganda campaign, which is disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, a single party that is often marked by political repression, personality cultism, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of speech, mass surveillance, and widespread use of terror."

Of which AO wants to be the chief propaganda minister.
Mighty Whitey

Allentown, PA

#5 Aug 21, 2012
Fitus T Bluster wrote:
<quoted text>The only successful business in A-town are the ones that take EBT cards.
And the ones that are a cover for drug stores and sell bath salts/fake weed under the counter. This is with the help of city officials offering low intrest loans and federal grants. As long as they pay to play in allentown pa the kings police will look the other way. The law is only broken if they say it has been?

Ignorance is no excuse for incompatence in this matter
A-town Observer

Reading, PA

#6 Aug 21, 2012
Mighty Whitey wrote:
<quoted text>
And the ones that are a cover for drug stores and sell bath salts/fake weed under the counter. This is with the help of city officials offering low intrest loans and federal grants. As long as they pay to play in allentown pa the kings police will look the other way. The law is only broken if they say it has been?
Ignorance is no excuse for incompatence in this matter
I don't think there is bath salts or fake weed in a DRUG STORE ANYWHERE in Allentown. You made that one up.
get out

Northampton, PA

#7 Aug 22, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there is bath salts or fake weed in a DRUG STORE ANYWHERE in Allentown. You made that one up.
You don't believe there could be shady drug stores doing this in Allentown ? Is that like you don't believe you could be a victim while minding your own business ? Naive, stupid, or both ?
Mighty Whitey

Newmanstown, PA

#8 Aug 22, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there is bath salts or fake weed in a DRUG STORE ANYWHERE in Allentown. You made that one up.
Not a drug store, a fictisious store front that makes no money off the stock on the shelves. This is just a cover to launder the money made from elegal drug sales! Just keep your eyes closed to the facts. Like I said before ignorance is no excuse for incompatance of one appointment?

I know it is not local law enforcement to enforce federal laws at the signing of loans and grants. Just passing the buck to make it look like the local economy is going forward.
A-town Observer

Reading, PA

#9 Aug 22, 2012
get out wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe there could be shady drug stores doing this in Allentown ? Is that like you don't believe you could be a victim while minding your own business ? Naive, stupid, or both ?
Wrong again. He made it sound like a drugstore, like where you get an rx at, is selling spice and bath salts. That is not possible. This isn't Mexico. A gas station, yeah, I seen that bs there. Next time clarify yourself so people can understand, moron.
City Without Limits
2012 Allentown,PA ;)
Mighty Whitey

Chester Springs, PA

#10 Aug 22, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. He made it sound like a drugstore, like where you get an rx at, is selling spice and bath salts. That is not possible. This isn't Mexico. A gas station, yeah, I seen that bs there. Next time clarify yourself so people can understand, moron.
City Without Limits
2012 Allentown,PA ;)
Ignorance is no excuse for incompatance of ones public appointment. O great observeiant one is that a plank in your eye or are you now claiming blindness for your kings obligations of public safety? I know his eyes as well as yours are on the Big Brown Hole Downtown. In the city with no limits boundries or ethics in other words the administration hasn't got no intestanal fortitude.
get out

Northampton, PA

#11 Aug 22, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. He made it sound like a drugstore, like where you get an rx at, is selling spice and bath salts. That is not possible. This isn't Mexico. A gas station, yeah, I seen that bs there. Next time clarify yourself so people can understand, moron.
City Without Limits
2012 Allentown,PA ;)
Nothing needed to be clarified, unless you're a complete idiot. Oh, there's the reason YOU didn't understand. Try reading slower next time, Ward Rat.
I really don't care what he "made it sound like". I'm just LMAO at your naivety. It's f'ing hysterical that you're stupid enough to think Allentown is too squeaky clean for it to even be a possibility. Just like you're stupid enough to think stray bullets will never find your family as long as they don't hang around drug dealers.
By the way, your "City Without Limits" quote and little girly-boy wink have no affect on me. Remember, no matter how great Allentown MAY get , it will never be as nice as where I live now. A place you claim to be able to afford to live, yet you'll wait and hope for what Allentown MIGHT be some day.
A-town Observer

Reading, PA

#12 Aug 22, 2012
get out wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing needed to be clarified, unless you're a complete idiot. Oh, there's the reason YOU didn't understand. Try reading slower next time, Ward Rat.
I really don't care what he "made it sound like". I'm just LMAO at your naivety. It's f'ing hysterical that you're stupid enough to think Allentown is too squeaky clean for it to even be a possibility. Just like you're stupid enough to think stray bullets will never find your family as long as they don't hang around drug dealers.
By the way, your "City Without Limits" quote and little girly-boy wink have no affect on me. Remember, no matter how great Allentown MAY get , it will never be as nice as where I live now. A place you claim to be able to afford to live, yet you'll wait and hope for what Allentown MIGHT be some day.
That "might" is turning into more then a "most likely" pretty damn quick. I'm sure you see it.
get out

Northampton, PA

#13 Aug 22, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
That "might" is turning into more then a "most likely" pretty damn quick. I'm sure you see it.
All I see is a Ward Rat who would , should , could , maybe, possibly and hopefully's himself to sleep every night. Meanwhile, I sleep safe and sound, quite and peaceful. You could too if you weren't an idiot or a brokeass ghetto dweller.
get out

Northampton, PA

#14 Aug 23, 2012
More gun play in Allentown again last night I see. Hey Ward Rat, it looks you're really getting lucky on your murder predictions lately thanks to some bad aim. Of course, bad aim means a higher chance of being an innocent victim, but we know that'll never happen to your family, right ?
silly rabbit

Chester Springs, PA

#15 Aug 23, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
That "might" is turning into more then a "most likely" pretty damn quick. I'm sure you see it.
Ms giggles and jiggles take your inner city man ryan conrad to platinum plus and do what you know best, rub the pole. Just wondering when he flopps your legs over his shoulders does he penatrate passed the fat folds?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WFMZ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Upside Allentown strengthens NIZ neighborhoods Aug 27 silly rabbit 1
News Libya Calls On Russia To Mediate Cease-Fire (May '11) Aug 17 Swedenforever 43
News Pat Browne waives hearing on DUI charges agains... Aug 11 my name is mud 1
News Feds grant Allentown more time to submit documents Aug '15 silly rabbit 3
News Quakertown begins planning for community center Aug '15 Planner 44
News Wanted Man Nabbed In Texas (Mar '10) Jul '15 I LOVE JOHNATHAN ... 10
News Pawlowski says he's staying put; Council consid... Jul '15 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web