Police: Wolf-Dogs Escape, Roaming Are...

Police: Wolf-Dogs Escape, Roaming Area Again

There are 97 comments on the WFMZ story from Nov 23, 2009, titled Police: Wolf-Dogs Escape, Roaming Area Again. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Police in Hunterdon County, New Jersey are searching for three of five wolf-hybrid dogs that escaped again from their fenced-in area in Holland Township early this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Take them away

Kutztown, PA

#1 Nov 23, 2009
from their irresponsibe owner. Do not eunthenize them though. Find them "suitable" homes. It is not their fault. It is the fault of their irresponsible owner who should be heavily fined.
Dixie

Macungie, PA

#2 Nov 23, 2009
Let the puppies alone. They aren't hurting anyone.
Brain

Bloomsburg, PA

#3 Nov 23, 2009
Time to get a grip on your dogs, people.
Deer hunter

Phillipsburg, NJ

#4 Nov 23, 2009
Better corral them before hunting season.
Chica

San Mateo, CA

#5 Nov 23, 2009
Take the dogs away from the owner
Dummkopfs

Allentown, PA

#6 Nov 23, 2009
verry interesting.
The volfhunds should be renamed
Hogan, Newkirk und LeBo
Lisa

Spring City, PA

#7 Nov 23, 2009
well that's nice ... again. and it's great that the taxpayers have to pay police salaries to waste more time looking for these animals. they should be taken from this jerk.
holland resident

Warminster, PA

#8 Nov 23, 2009
I would rather pay them to find
wondering dogs than to look for
people who say they are abducted when
their not.
MJH

Coopersburg, PA

#9 Nov 23, 2009
They are now worse than the pit bulls that run around my area - the oweners should be held accountable - the animals are not at fault. Owners that have potientially dangerous animals should be responsible adults and make sure they are in a secure area. These wolf dogs need a better home before someone takes it out on them the poor judgement of their owner.
cookeyman

Newark, DE

#10 Nov 23, 2009
send a chimp after those dogs,the chimp will kill them
Albee

United States

#11 Nov 23, 2009
I'm glad this is the top story rather than Reading moving up the list of "Dangerous Cities."
Did anyone ever think that maybe someone might have messed with the fenced in area in order to get the owner in trouble?
Glad to see people jumping to conclusions...
puppy breath

Blakeslee, PA

#14 Nov 23, 2009
This story is uncalled for. This is not the first incident and will not be the last unless something is done.

There is a fault in the enclosure for these 15 animals and it needs to be corrected.

If the owner lets me know how to contact him and is willing to follow my directions for proper penning, it won't happen again. The solution is simple, low cost and fast.... There's no need to ban the dogs or punish the animals or owner.
What a wonderful world

Macungie, PA

#15 Nov 23, 2009
This is totally ridiculous now. Fine the owner and either make him secure the area that the wolves are kept in or make him get rid of them. Why should the taxpayers be paying the cops to play these games.
EX HOLLAND RESIDENT

Zionhill, PA

#16 Nov 23, 2009
Albee wrote:
I'm glad this is the top story rather than Reading moving up the list of "Dangerous Cities."
Did anyone ever think that maybe someone might have messed with the fenced in area in order to get the owner in trouble?
Glad to see people jumping to conclusions...
I agree with you on this one. I say it is the one neighbor WHO wants them gone. I say he is going over there at night and letting them out. Just so he can have his way and have them removed. Apparantly he is from the city and thinks the country life doesn't have animals in the area. He must miss the concrete pavements. If he misses it that much, he should move back to the city.
Tango

AOL

#17 Nov 23, 2009
wow the one on the left is gorgeous! nice looking dogs, its a shame though the owner doesnt make an escape proof habitat for them.
If they are digging under then he/she needs to have the fence go underground as well to a certain point to prevent digging and escaping..its not something that is impossible to do.
sparky

Wayne, NJ

#18 Nov 23, 2009
the wolf-hybrid dog owner shows us that he has 100% total disregard for his animals,the children in the township and the tax payers. he has said and i quote " please take your children inside because i do not know what my wolf-hybrids are capable of when they are outside the enclosure." there is a reason why so many states ban this breed of "dog". as for the comment of "city people" being the ones fueling the anti wolf-hybrid setiments, that is un-true. I personally have lived in this area for 39 years, grew up on a local family farm and now raising my family on spring garden rd.. When you have certain types of animals you have to provide adequate enclosures to keep them in and secured. To me the owner,"cliff", is a very ignorant human being. One safety concern that i have is that these wolf-hybrids do not, i repeat DO NOT have rabies shots. This is because the rabies shot will not take to a wolf-hybrid. Do the research and see for yourselves. No one wants to see anyones animals banned but this nonsense has to stop. I pay almost 11,000.00 dollars a year in property taxes in holland township. I should not have to worry about a wolf-hybrid on the loose with my children playing outside. Last, how does "cliff" get homeowners insurance with these wolf-hybrids on his property? When i applied for my homeowners insurance, i had to list all of the dogs that i owned by breed and weight. Mine are labs by the way.(very vicious breed) lol. In the best interest of the residents and the wolf-hybrids, something has to happen and SOON! Are you listening "cliff"?.........
Ridculous

Reading, PA

#19 Nov 23, 2009
This is a damn shame... There are kids most likely in this area... And these dogs could attack them or a elder person...
j wren

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Nov 23, 2009
how about installing cameras to catch whoever is letting them out?
Stop with the BS please

Boca Raton, FL

#21 Nov 23, 2009
All of Cliff's dogs have had their rabies shots!

Wanted to share this document, dated October 5, 2009, from Faye Sorhage, VMD, the current New Jersey State Public Health Veterinarian, regarding the efficacy of the rabies vaccination in wolfdogs. The document, in email form, provides a professional opinion regarding the use of the current rabies vaccine in wolfdogs. It can be obtained by contacting the state vet.

Specifically it states "In my capacity as the NJ State Public Health Veterinarian overseeing NJ's rabies control program and as a committee member on the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarian Compendium of Rabies Control and Prevention in Animals, it is my professional evaluation that the rabies vaccines licensed for use in dogs are highly likely to be efficacious for use in wolf dog hybrids, and I am in support of vaccinating them with such vaccines to protect both the animals in questions, as well as public health"

reporter questions

Williamstown, NJ

#22 Nov 23, 2009
Seriously, they need to indicate if the wolfdogs are dangerous. However, I can't see them being dangerous unless they have rabies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WFMZ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Man Used Craigslist To Rob People (Nov '09) Sep 16 viewer 18
News Former Residents Protest Planned Pennhurst Asyl... (Sep '10) Sep 14 weapon X 34
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Sep 9 weaponX 148
News Obama Receives Rock Star Reception In Ireland (May '11) May '17 Norwegian Supremacy 52
News Daycare kids encouraged to curse on camera (Oct '16) Mar '17 silly rabbit 5
News Boa Constrictor Found On Front Porch Of Home In... (Jul '09) Feb '17 Dee 33
News Quakertown board gives final approval to new su... (May '14) Feb '17 slappy 26
More from around the web