Truck Goes Pink For Breast Cancer Awareness - Regional News - Berks...

Full story: WFMZ

BERN TWP., Pa. -- It weighs 15 tons and is bright pink and many are hoping it drives the message of breast cancer awareness home to women who can and cannot afford screening.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2010
snappyfisher

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Jun 28, 2010

way to go. it would be nice to see more companies do the same thing.
old fashioned

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Jun 28, 2010

Well, what can we all say, Berks is on our side, they are not our enemy. they have been on our side since the 1800's. they opened up back then, and they are still here now.

Since: Sep 08

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Jun 28, 2010

It is a wonderful thing that they are doing promoting breast cancer, but it is all a stunt to regain themselves. My father gave them 30 yrs of his life, and all they liked to do is crap on their employees.
Breast Cancer Advocate

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Jun 29, 2010

These guys are awesome! The truck is so cool and what they are doing to help the community is amazing! They came out to support us at our last fundraiser at Cactus Blue in Bethlehem! My team and I are walking 60 miles in the Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure in Philly in October.

Join us Saturday, July 17 at Jack Callaghan's Ale House in support of breast cancer awareness! Music is by Rum Runnerz from 9 - 11
Food and drink specials and be sure to wear your favorite beach attire!
Procees of the raffles & drink specials will help local Team Chemosabe reach their donation goal in the Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure this October!
Come out to the beach party to support and meet the team!

To Benefit the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the cure, team Chemosabe is holding a fun formal bowling event with all the proceeds going to fight breast cancer.

Gather a team of 5, dig out your prom dress, bridesmaid dress, tuxedo, or suit,(go to the thrift store if you have to!) and head out to:
Bath Legion Lanes,
278 Race Street Bath, PA 18014

Prizes will be awarded to :
Ugliest dress
Ugliest tuxedo/suit
Best score
Worst score
Most gutter ****
Most strikes

Food, beverages, and DJ will be provided.

Space is limited so register your team ASAP
Donation is $25 per person or $125 per team
If you wish to join us without bowling, donation is $10

E-mail Vanessa to register at:
nessalyn16@yahoo.com OR
walkingforthecure2010@gmail.co m
sherry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Jun 30, 2010

that is the most awesome truck i have ever seen.. It is being shown for a really good reason. .i hope alot of people get alot of concrete. My grandmother, mother, 2 of my aunts and my sister all had breast cancer. So good luck with the fund raiser
Bertha

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Jul 4, 2010

I think this truck is great. We have to remember that no matter what you think about Berks Products, the truck is for a great cause! People need to focus on the meaning of this truck and stop making it all about them...CMM257 this comment is for you!! If you have nothing better to do than post nasty comments, then you shouldn't even be on these sites. Stop ruining a great article and find someone else to bash. Berks Products is a great company...or they wouldn't have been in business for all of these years. Even in tough economic times, they still don't forget about giving back to the community. And who knows when this terrible disease could affect you or one of your family members....that will be the time that you will regret posting such a horrible comment. When someone you know needs treatment and they may have to go to St. Joseph's Hospital, then you will be thanking Berks Products. One last thing...get a life and start thinking about the importance of helping fundraise for a terrible disease! If you are free tomorrow....maybe call Berks Products and order concrete....help the cause, and make a difference instead of wasting everyone's time with your ridiculous comments.

Since: Sep 08

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Jul 11, 2010

Bertha wrote:
I think this truck is great. We have to remember that no matter what you think about Berks Products, the truck is for a great cause! People need to focus on the meaning of this truck and stop making it all about them...CMM257 this comment is for you!! If you have nothing better to do than post nasty comments, then you shouldn't even be on these sites. Stop ruining a great article and find someone else to bash. Berks Products is a great company...or they wouldn't have been in business for all of these years. Even in tough economic times, they still don't forget about giving back to the community. And who knows when this terrible disease could affect you or one of your family members....that will be the time that you will regret posting such a horrible comment. When someone you know needs treatment and they may have to go to St. Joseph's Hospital, then you will be thanking Berks Products. One last thing...get a life and start thinking about the importance of helping fundraise for a terrible disease! If you are free tomorrow....maybe call Berks Products and order concrete....help the cause, and make a difference instead of wasting everyone's time with your ridiculous comments.
Sorry, I wouldn't order concrete from this company if my life depended on it. This company may have been in business for many years, but this company does not treat their employees fair, and they are a big rip off. They are losing business left and right. My father worked for Berks for just shy of 30 years and since he is working for competition, he hears all the bad things that go on with Berks. Everyone of the guys that he used to work with at the one plant no longer work for Berks because of their work practices. Ok, maybe them supporting breast cancer is a good thing, and yes I have lost family members to various forms of cancer. They are just trying to make themselves look good. This is a free country, and I will make whatever comments I like. If you don't like what i'm saying, take your problems elsewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Allentown Conditions

(updated 15 min ago)

Weather
Mostly Sunny 75°F
Hi: 83°F
Lo: 61°F
Feels like: 76°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »