Mayor: City Decides On Location Of Proposed Arena - Regional News - Lehigh Valley Story - WFMZ Al...

Full story: WFMZ 59
Mayor Ed Pawlowski told 69 News on Tuesday that the city has decided where it wants to put the planned hockey arena. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Special Ed

Allentown, PA

#1 May 17, 2011
Plenty of parking and easy access???

Where is he driving?
Darius

Allentown, PA

#2 May 17, 2011
The city should save and rehabilitate the historic buildings on Hamilton Street instead of tearing them down. Allentowns rich history will be destroyed instead of integrated into the arena complex. All you have to do is look at downtown Bethlehem to see how saving your historic buildings works out. The bars and restaurants could go into the saved buildings for a real layer of historic authenticity and urban soul.
HMFIC

New Britain, CT

#3 May 17, 2011
Simple, Special Ed, just bulldoze everything from the river up to where the arena will be. That's what you call two birds with one stone. Yea, "fair-market" value for an Allentown center city dwelling... what do you think? 10, maybe 20 bucks?
Larry

Easton, PA

#4 May 17, 2011
Pawloski and communism in the same breath,,,,nobody wants to go downtown in daylite, let alone at nite,,,,this is a very bad move
Supporter

Northampton, PA

#5 May 17, 2011
They should implode that crumbling 13 story building on 6th and Hamilton then build down towards the Old Court House on 5th. That would make more sense.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 May 17, 2011
Just out of curiosity how much longer do you have to put up with this nut you call mayor?
PennsylvaniaPete

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 May 17, 2011
I don't think the neighborhood will turn too many people off. Just look at where both the old and new Yankee Stadium are? The State Theater in Easton. The amplitheater in Camden. The Sovereign Center in Reading, etc.
Fetus T Bluster

Tavares, FL

#8 May 17, 2011
bulldoze all the section 8 parasite homes and build it there.that would be an improvement.
Aaron hartman

United States

#9 May 17, 2011
It a good idea if he choose on a part a town that has more abdonnend buildings. I support it but not where their lot a good bussiness in that block.
Cobaltboy

Marcus Hook, PA

#10 May 17, 2011
The city has is not making any sense. Why don't they take down that old dairy building on the north part of 7th street, the lot is big enough and won't affect the city as much. But Allentown is known for not making any sense, if they made sense they would be a better city
Really

Reading, PA

#11 May 17, 2011
All this for a minor league hockey team. The only reason they did so good before was because they were in Philadelphia. Like there are that many diehard hockey fans in the Lehigh Valley. What a waste of Money.
political parasites

Glenside, PA

#12 May 17, 2011
Clean and safe? Were does he live in his mind. LOL
Mike

United States

#13 May 17, 2011
Hockey fans will not want to go down town. Good luck filling seats. The smart move is to put it next to Coca Cola Park. The traffic system is in place already and they can share parking lots. We were looking forward to getting season tickets, but if it's downtown, no way will we go there.
sjf

Bethlehem, PA

#14 May 17, 2011
in the worst part of the city..way to show off the ignorance and attitude of MOST living in that area
fairness

Springtown, PA

#15 May 17, 2011
This is another example of eminent domain abuse-whether this arena is a good idea or the worst, the real questions is it right for a government take a private property to let another private entity to use. My answer is who is safe? That is the real issue hear-can a government just use a law and stomp on a basic fundamental right of property ownership. ARE WE IN CHINA? or U.S.A?
fairness

Springtown, PA

#16 May 17, 2011
This is crazy-I'm going to sell all my properties and move out of this Ed (EMINENT DOMAIN) Polowskiville.0
fairness

Springtown, PA

#17 May 17, 2011
don't worry-ed (eminent domain) polowski will make all these low income people go away and make downtown this entertainment hot spot, whether or not property rights are stomped and violated. Don't worry-what's my middle name?
Nobama

Schnecksville, PA

#18 May 17, 2011
Fetus T Bluster wrote:
bulldoze all the section 8 parasite homes and build it there.that would be an improvement.
I can't find the "LIKE" button....I want to push it for this comment :)
local

Mertztown, PA

#19 May 17, 2011
If this creep actually pulls this scam off, I'm out of here too.
One less taxpayer in this dump.
fairness

Springtown, PA

#21 May 17, 2011
there is a reason eminent domain is used as a last resort-because it wrong if you use it to take from a one private property owner to give to another or to give to another private entity to use!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WFMZ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family still waiting for justice a year after m... Dec 23 silly rabbit 1
Oven gas line was source of Allentown fire Dec 23 silly rabbit 2
Get furnace checked or face a fine Dec 21 silly rabbit 46
New low-income rental homes eyed for Easton's S... Dec 20 dare I say it 2
Sex offender allegedly stalks Allentown boy for... Dec 18 silly rabbit 1
Allentown City Council approves appointment of ... Dec 18 silly rabbit 1
Libya Calls On Russia To Mediate Cease-Fire (May '11) Dec 16 swedenforever 32
More from around the web