Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty

Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty

There are 224 comments on the WFMZ story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty. In it, WFMZ reports that:

CRANBERRY TWP., Pa. -- A 16-year veteran of the Pennsylvania State Police lost his life in the line of duty this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

for real

Pittsburgh, PA

#63 Jan 16, 2010
My heart goes out to the family of the slain Trooper. I hope they will change their protocol to ensure that this never happens again.
Ken

Brisbin, PA

#64 Jan 17, 2010
speechless in windsor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken, unless you've ever been a cop or related to one...you should keep your uneducated mouth shut!
opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, but you should keep yours to yourself!
Really, How can you be "saddened" and yet ignorant all in one paragraph? Is that your special talent?
The nieghbor herd the shooter tell the cop, Get back in your car & get out of here. The cop didnt take his advise.It's a shame he was killed, Left a wife & two children behind.But some times being a hero is not the right thing to do.He should have left the scene & called for backup.I would'nt wish this onto anyone.But hey the cops are'nt always using thier heads.God bless the troopers soul, Let him rest in peace.
Ken

Brisbin, PA

#65 Jan 17, 2010
Huey wrote:
I hope justice is served cold, on an electric pltter to the person who did this
He's already cooking in hell.
Ken

Brisbin, PA

#66 Jan 17, 2010
Should the tax payers make laws againt the use of thier police cars & monies used in a police officers funerals.I ve seen a few police mens funerals & with the men & patrolcars not to mention fuel & miles put on the cars, The funerals are at least a million $$ or more. i think they over do policeman & fireman funerals,A couple weeks ago over twenty thousand patrol cars at the funeral in washinton state for the four cops gunned down while taking a coffee break.Thats a little much these people don't even know each other.Yet most of them would'nt even go to thier own cousins funeral.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#67 Jan 17, 2010
Ken wrote:
Should the tax payers make laws againt the use of thier police cars & monies used in a police officers funerals.I ve seen a few police mens funerals & with the men & patrolcars not to mention fuel & miles put on the cars, The funerals are at least a million $$ or more. i think they over do policeman & fireman funerals,A couple weeks ago over twenty thousand patrol cars at the funeral in washinton state for the four cops gunned down while taking a coffee break.Thats a little much these people don't even know each other.Yet most of them would'nt even go to thier own cousins funeral.
Were you born a complete waste of space or did you slowly over time become one?

“ Fighting a corrupt system”

Since: Aug 08

Centereach,NY

#68 Jan 17, 2010
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you born a complete waste of space or did you slowly over time become one?
No! you are a waste of space. Man has a point, with fuel prices upwards toward $3.00 a gallon, all the moneies invested in the computers and technology in these cars , they should be reserved for patrol work and not private funerals.

Location hidden

#69 Jan 17, 2010
Uncle Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>No! you are a waste of space. Man has a point, with fuel prices upwards toward $3.00 a gallon, all the moneies invested in the computers and technology in these cars , they should be reserved for patrol work and not private funerals.
In case you can't figure this out these are people who serve the public, the PUBLIC. I already know you can't think for yourself so your comment is pretty much a joke to me.

This officer deserves an honorable burial. Are you going to say the same thing about military service personnel who have quite the same funerals? We pay taxes for every aspect of their job.

People like you seem to think the dead police officer should just be throw into a hole and forgot about. He served the people and lost his life, he deserves an honorable burial.
Im just Sayin

Camp Hill, PA

#70 Jan 17, 2010
Ken wrote:
Are you serious?? Gimme an Effin break buddy. You have no idea what kind of brotherhood police officers belong to. You could only be so lucky to be a part of something as honorable as that. I can only hope you need the cops one day and they are out of gas from attening a funeral. idiot.

Centereach,NY

#71 Jan 17, 2010
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you can't figure this out these are people who serve the public, the PUBLIC. I already know you can't think for yourself so your comment is pretty much a joke to me.
This officer deserves an honorable burial. Are you going to say the same thing about military service personnel who have quite the same funerals? We pay taxes for every aspect of their job.
People like you seem to think the dead police officer should just be throw into a hole and forgot about. He served the people and lost his life, he deserves an honorable burial.
There a double standard in this country today....I don't disagree that the slain trooper deserves a honorable funeral, but in todays economy it should not be on the publics dime but by private donations and funds.

Location hidden

#73 Jan 17, 2010
Uncle Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>There a double standard in this country today....I don't disagree that the slain trooper deserves a honorable funeral, but in todays economy it should not be on the publics dime but by private donations and funds.
The public sends money to the state and locals to pay for the police, fire and anything else it pays for. You should concern yourself with the corrupt lawmakers that frivolously spend OUR money on themselves.

I sure as hell would rather see my money go towards a police officer getting an honorable burial than some fat cat's brand new Mercedes.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Since: Jul 07

Philadelphia, PA

#74 Jan 17, 2010
I agree with Carbide, the slain trooper deserves a honorable funeral... If so worried about the cost, what about all the wasted money this government spends in foreign aid... illegals healthcare, "the corrupt lawmakers that frivolously spend OUR money on themselves".

"I sure as hell would rather see my money go towards a police officer getting an honorable burial than some fat cat's brand new Mercedes". Me too!!!!

Centereach,NY

#75 Jan 17, 2010
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
The public sends money to the state and locals to pay for the police, fire and anything else it pays for. You should concern yourself with the corrupt lawmakers that frivolously spend OUR money on themselves.
I sure as hell would rather see my money go towards a police officer getting an honorable burial than some fat cat's brand new Mercedes.
Off duty officers should not get paid to attend a funeral nor should an entire fleet of vehicles. Just my op as a taxpayer...

Location hidden

#76 Jan 17, 2010
Uncle Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>Off duty officers should not get paid to attend a funeral nor should an entire fleet of vehicles. Just my op as a taxpayer...
I'm not quite sure but I think OFF DUTY means you aren't getting paid.

I think if you were an officer you would have different views. Put your life on the line to protect people you don't know, then tell me you don't deserve some respect if you lose your life doing that job.

It's more about the respect and a final thank you from the people who they protect. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I think you are worried more about money than the respect to the people who protect you every day.

Centereach,NY

#77 Jan 17, 2010
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not quite sure but I think OFF DUTY means you aren't getting paid.
I think if you were an officer you would have different views. Put your life on the line to protect people you don't know, then tell me you don't deserve some respect if you lose your life doing that job.
It's more about the respect and a final thank you from the people who they protect. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I think you are worried more about money than the respect to the people who protect you every day.
Respect is a mutual thing, not a finiancial thing. When two NYC police officers were killed in thie line of duty in 06, do you know how many PA officers used police vehicles to travel to NYC and were paid to attend a funeral to a officer they did'nt even know and was not from thier state. There's respect and then there is abuse.

Location hidden

#78 Jan 17, 2010
Uncle Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>Respect is a mutual thing, not a finiancial thing. When two NYC police officers were killed in thie line of duty in 06, do you know how many PA officers used police vehicles to travel to NYC and were paid to attend a funeral to a officer they did'nt even know and was not from thier state. There's respect and then there is abuse.
You don't get, they all stick together. It's a way of life to be a police officer, at least for the honest ones.

I don't care if the entire Pennsylvania state police went to NYC to honor a fallen brother, the deceased deserve the honor. You are putting finances in front of honor and respect. It shows just how shallow you are.

I have a few friends who are police officers, god forbid if they ever are killed in the line of duty, I would be glad to see them get an honorable farewell. You are free to think about this anyway you want, but if you were an officer and not just an opinionated tax payer you would feel differently.

Centereach,NY

#79 Jan 17, 2010
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get, they all stick together. It's a way of life to be a police officer, at least for the honest ones.
I don't care if the entire Pennsylvania state police went to NYC to honor a fallen brother, the deceased deserve the honor. You are putting finances in front of honor and respect. It shows just how shallow you are.
I have a few friends who are police officers, god forbid if they ever are killed in the line of duty, I would be glad to see them get an honorable farewell. You are free to think about this anyway you want, but if you were an officer and not just an opinionated tax payer you would feel differently.
Sure, Officer....

Location hidden

#80 Jan 17, 2010
Uncle Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, Officer....
Sorry, not an officer. I am just the type of person who can appreciate how they are a team of people who protect my rights and, unfortunately, yours too.

They deserve any honorable farewell, just like military service men and women.

Centereach,NY

#81 Jan 17, 2010
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, not an officer. I am just the type of person who can appreciate how they are a team of people who protect my rights and, unfortunately, yours too.
OK..........Copper
Despicable Me

Etters, PA

#82 Jan 17, 2010
he certainly knew it was useless to try to talk to the trooper! i feel for the man coming to a point where he did not want to live and killed his own wife!

no doubt he was oppressed by the law and judicial system!
Former YCPD

Annapolis, MD

#83 Jan 17, 2010
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
Best Chief I ever worked for was fond of saying "never get into a pissing contest with a skunk".

Carbide isn't worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WFMZ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Sun silly rabbit 133
News Daycare kids encouraged to curse on camera Mar 18 silly rabbit 5
News Boa Constrictor Found On Front Porch Of Home In... (Jul '09) Feb '17 Dee 33
News Quakertown board gives final approval to new su... (May '14) Feb '17 slappy 26
News Mad Dad Charged With Assault On TV News Photogr... (Sep '09) Jan '17 syxbysyx 35
News Google Wants To Control Your Home (May '11) Dec '16 reviewrays 2
News Squabble Over Figure of Santa in the Christmas ... (Dec '08) Dec '16 Son 70
More from around the web