Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty

Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty

There are 224 comments on the WFMZ story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty. In it, WFMZ reports that:

CRANBERRY TWP., Pa. -- A 16-year veteran of the Pennsylvania State Police lost his life in the line of duty this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

momofasenior

Allentown, PA

#22 Jan 13, 2010
This is so sad. This isn't Iraq, it's pennsylvania, how can this happen. God give his family the strength to go on.
Huey

Newport, PA

#23 Jan 13, 2010
I hope justice is served cold, on an electric pltter to the person who did this
John

Emmaus, PA

#24 Jan 13, 2010
May God watch over your family and give them Peace through this cowardly act that a man chose to do today. There is something so terribly wrong with our society that people feel they can do whatever they want . May the individuale that did this BURN in HELL.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#25 Jan 13, 2010
Police Officer wrote:
I go to work to protect you and give you all your right. I do not want to be the halo in your light. I fear for you & tear for you so you may live without a fight. I saw the bullet coming and did not run away. I need to make you safer before I end my day. I took the bullet for you so you can raise your child. My tour of duty ended so your life would be mild.
This is so beautiful. RIP Trooper Richey.May the Lord wrap his loving arms around your family at this difficult time.

To all the troopers in this country-We appreciate what you do for us.I'm sure there is nothing else in this world that compares to the bond you all have with each other.
John

Emmaus, PA

#26 Jan 13, 2010
May God bless you and wrap his Loving Arms Around You and Your Family.I have many friends who are State Troopers as well as Police Officers and I pray daily for their safty. The coward who did this horrific crime does not deserve the same air as we do. So I hope when he is caught he has a speedy trial and he can serve his sentence what ever it might be !
John

Emmaus, PA

#27 Jan 13, 2010
May God Bless You and Your Family , May He Wrap His Loving Arms Around You and Give You Peace. I have many friends who are State Troopers and Police Officers Whom I Pray for daily. When they catch this coward may they give him a speedy trial and let him serve what ever sentence they deem appropiate, he certainally does not deserve to breath the same air as us .

“Here's looking at ya!”

Since: Jul 07

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Jan 14, 2010
Police Officer wrote:
I go to work to protect you and give you all your right. I do not want to be the halo in your light. I fear for you & tear for you so you may live without a fight. I saw the bullet coming and did not run away. I need to make you safer before I end my day. I took the bullet for you so you can raise your child. My tour of duty ended so your life would be mild.
That's beautiful.
DTGoody

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Jan 14, 2010
This is a Terrible Tragedy that the Men and Women in law enforcement have to face everyday. God Bless his Soul and his family.
I hope the people look back on this when they are doing pension reform this year for public employees in Pennsylvania. It seems like everyone wants to hate on civil service employees without realizing the sacrifices we make for the public to stay safe.
Sam

United States

#30 Jan 14, 2010
Deepest sympathy to his family and fellow workers.
Thank you for your service to help making the Commonwealth a safer place to live.

God Bless you
Police officer retired

Phillipsburg, NJ

#31 Jan 14, 2010
May he rest in peace and bless his family in their time of need. All police officers go to work everyday knowing that they may not come home. Trooper Richey made the ultimate sacrifice and now resides in heaven.
Port Authority PO

Bethlehem, PA

#32 Jan 14, 2010
May you rest in peace brother....those of us who wear the badge will always keep you and your family in our hearts and prayers! God has a special place for those how give their all to protect the innocent. GOD SPEED
Lower Macungie Resident

Allentown, PA

#33 Jan 14, 2010
My prayers are with his family.
Voice of Reason

Dallas, PA

#34 Jan 14, 2010
Another horrible thing to happen to our fine honorable officers. Maybe domestic issues calls should be handled with 2 officers. Then they could protect one another from the raving lunatics who beat their wives, or their children and have to be restrained. Its too much danger to put someone in alone. God bless his family.
car

Allentown, PA

#35 Jan 14, 2010
What is wrong with this world?? How very sad...
DETECTIVE LARRY CALHOUN

United States

#36 Jan 14, 2010
GOD SPEED BROTHER... MAY GOD COMFORT YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AT THIS TRAGIC TIME
bonnie from allentown

Quakertown, PA

#37 Jan 14, 2010
wow this is a shame ........why ...trying to stop a domestic fight
this is a great loss i feel so sorry for his wife and kids it is not fair
Tom

Stroudsburg, PA

#39 Jan 14, 2010
I can't belive anyone would want to be a trooper with the laws in faver of the crocks. Another good guy gone. I feel for the family.
Thin Blue Line

Philadelphia, PA

#40 Jan 14, 2010
Rest in peace brother. My condolences to the family.
pamela

Allentown, PA

#41 Jan 14, 2010
My prayers go out to his family and coworkers.
Regular Joe

Chambersburg, PA

#42 Jan 14, 2010
Hey B W, why the assinine remarks? This man put his life on the line for a living and he has a family just like you and me. Just because you probably have a criminal record and contribute nothing to society, you shouldn't disrespect the good guys! I'm sure your family would be devastated if you were involved in a horrific fryer accident during your midnight shift at McDonalds, so please keep the Troopers family in your small, narrow, most likely chemically altered mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WFMZ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Jun 22 weaponX 138
News Obama Receives Rock Star Reception In Ireland (May '11) May '17 Norwegian Supremacy 52
News Daycare kids encouraged to curse on camera (Oct '16) Mar '17 silly rabbit 5
News Boa Constrictor Found On Front Porch Of Home In... (Jul '09) Feb '17 Dee 33
News Quakertown board gives final approval to new su... (May '14) Feb '17 slappy 26
News Mad Dad Charged With Assault On TV News Photogr... (Sep '09) Jan '17 syxbysyx 35
News Google Wants To Control Your Home (May '11) Dec '16 reviewrays 2
More from around the web