Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty

Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty

There are 224 comments on the WFMZ story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Pa. Trooper Killed In Line Of Duty. In it, WFMZ reports that:

CRANBERRY TWP., Pa. -- A 16-year veteran of the Pennsylvania State Police lost his life in the line of duty this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Grateful

Palmyra, PA

#1 Jan 13, 2010
May God watch over our Brave State Troopers.
Brain

Bloomsburg, PA

#2 Jan 13, 2010
Rest in peace, Sir. This is horrible.
Brother in Blue

Red Lion, PA

#3 Jan 13, 2010
RIP Brother......
Citizen

Allentown, PA

#4 Jan 13, 2010
May GOD be with his family, friends and fellow brothers and sisters of PA State Police!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
RETIRED BROTHER

Allentown, PA

#5 Jan 13, 2010
GOD BLESS ALL OUR OFFICERS AS NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT'S LIKE TILL ONE WALKS IN THE SHOES OF AN OFFICER.
Future LEO

United States

#6 Jan 13, 2010
Rest In Peace Trooper. You gave your life rather swerve from the path of duty. You upheld your Call of Honor. My sympathies to the family, friends, and Pennsylvania State Police during this trying time.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Since: Jul 07

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 13, 2010
Officials say Trooper Paul Richey, was shot and killed after getting out of his car at the scene of a reported domestic incident.

OMG!!!**** is wrong with people!!!

My condolences to the family.
A Troopers wife

Carlisle, PA

#8 Jan 13, 2010
My prayer are with his family, we are all feeling this loss.
edwards

Allentown, PA

#9 Jan 13, 2010
It is rough. They need to treat domestic abuse the same as armed robbery and get out of car with guns drawn.
Retired Trooper

Pottsville, PA

#10 Jan 13, 2010
Another sensless loss of a brother Trooper. Hope they get the guy in a manner that it does not cost the taxpayer more than the cost of a few bullets! He doesn't deserve to sit in jail.
Investigator

New York, NY

#11 Jan 13, 2010
My prayers are with you TROOPER PAUL RICHEY & FAMILY.
S*CK's this **** happens to the men and women in BLUE...
JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED..........
My condolences to the family
Grateful

Palmyra, PA

#12 Jan 13, 2010
edwards wrote:
It is rough. They need to treat domestic abuse the same as armed robbery and get out of car with guns drawn.
good point
So sad

Centre, AL

#13 Jan 13, 2010
Our condolences to all of the loved ones of this dedicated and invaluable Trooper.

We sleep safer at night because of the brave men and women and we are eteranlly grateful.

What a tragedy and loss for all of us. My prayers daily are that we never see another member of law enforcement harmed.
five-o

Reading, PA

#14 Jan 13, 2010
Rest in peace Trooper Richey,god bless you and may he watch over your wife and children during this unbearable time. I hope and pray that they got the shooter..
karen

New Tripoli, PA

#15 Jan 13, 2010
may god be with the family in there time of need
KERRY

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jan 13, 2010
I am so sick of living in a world that this kind of stuff happens every stinken day
PKM

Easton, PA

#17 Jan 13, 2010
It is an honor to work everyday with the fine members of the PSP. They put their lives on the line for all of us and often do not get credit for all they do to protect us. God bless Trooper Richey's wife and children as they go through this nightmare. May Trooper Richey rest in peace.
Fellow Brother

Pottstown, PA

#18 Jan 13, 2010
RIP brother. and kudos to WFMZ for actually publishing this story. 6ABC was the only other news outlet in this area whose site I was able to find this story.
Police Officer

Kingston, PA

#19 Jan 13, 2010
I go to work to protect you and give you all your right. I do not want to be the halo in your light. I fear for you & tear for you so you may live without a fight. I saw the bullet coming and did not run away. I need to make you safer before I end my day. I took the bullet for you so you can raise your child. My tour of duty ended so your life would be mild.
Ron

Bethlehem, PA

#20 Jan 13, 2010
God bless this brother and his family. Why is this story not at the top of the web page?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WFMZ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Man Used Craigslist To Rob People (Nov '09) Sep 16 viewer 18
News Former Residents Protest Planned Pennhurst Asyl... (Sep '10) Sep 14 weapon X 34
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Sep 9 weaponX 148
News Obama Receives Rock Star Reception In Ireland (May '11) May '17 Norwegian Supremacy 52
News Daycare kids encouraged to curse on camera (Oct '16) Mar '17 silly rabbit 5
News Boa Constrictor Found On Front Porch Of Home In... (Jul '09) Feb '17 Dee 33
News Quakertown board gives final approval to new su... (May '14) Feb '17 slappy 26
More from around the web