Deadly Crash Closes Route 422 Eastbound

Deadly Crash Closes Route 422 Eastbound

There are 51 comments on the WFMZ story from May 16, 2010, titled Deadly Crash Closes Route 422 Eastbound. In it, WFMZ reports that:

LIMERICK TWP., Pa -- A motorcyclist lost control of his bike and died in a crash on Route 422 Sunday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mkl

Blackwood, NJ

#1 May 16, 2010
This is really unfortanete, my husband was out and saw this guy about a 1/2 mile before this happened. Motorcycles are nothing to mess around with, specially with speed. My prayers are with his family and friends through this rough time. He is now in gods hands watching over everyone!
Tom

Pottstown, PA

#2 May 16, 2010
When will they learn??????????
harley mom of two

Norwood, PA

#3 May 16, 2010
This is why helmets are maded for a reson, dam law needs to make them wear them again. prayers too the family . harley mom forever!
want one

Allentown, PA

#4 May 16, 2010
this is sadd man it seems like everyday someone dies on these things. I want to get one and have wanted one for years but everytime i think about getting one something happens to somene else. I think i will just stick to alittle scooter that barely reaches 55mph and just drive it around town and stay off the highway.my prayers are with the victims family godbless them and for those of you out there that have one please be safe
bypasser

Washington, DC

#5 May 16, 2010
It was sad to see an accident like this happen. While driving home from work westbound, I watched individuals from several emergency units standing by after the accident. I assumed that the rider did not survive. My prayers are with the family and friends of the victim.
Yall Racis

Norristown, PA

#6 May 16, 2010
harley mom of two wrote:
This is why helmets are maded for a reson, dam law needs to make them wear them again. prayers too the family . harley mom forever!
I agree! No Helmet law is ridiculous!
Joe

Ephrata, PA

#7 May 16, 2010
Anyone who rides without a helmet should be made to ride with a letter to thier family in thier pocket because it's a death wish.
Alysia

Fleetwood, PA

#8 May 16, 2010
I totally agree with the helmet law only thing that protects you when your on a bike the no helmet law is almost as ridiculous as there not being any seat belts on school buses but regular drivers are suppose to buckle up its law so why r buses exempt from them when carrying our most precious cargo
witness to tragedy on 422

Reading, PA

#9 May 16, 2010
Anyone who rides without a helmet or speeds should have been on scene to see this guy. It was the most horrific thing I have ever seen and will never forget. Helmets were made for a reason. Even though I dont think it would have helped him in this situation, it still doesnt excuse the reason why people should wear them. When are people gonna learn speed kills and so does not wearing a helmet!!!!!!
Witness

Reading, PA

#10 May 16, 2010
I saw the whole thing happen. I was headed West and the motorcycle was headed east. I saw him hit the soft shoulder and he lost control of the bike. He went into the air and collided into the guide wires that are in the median. His large chunks of the bike slid right behind my jeep and exploded into pieces. He was wearing a helmet. RIP and his family is in my thoughts.
sad story

Pottstown, PA

#11 May 16, 2010
A helmet was found on the highway, whether or not he had it on is another story. Helmets don't ALWAYS save lives but there should be a law requiring them.

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#12 May 16, 2010
All accidents are a tradgedy, it's good no one else was involved. I've had two deaths in my family
due to two car accidents spread years apart.
Steve

Riegelsville, PA

#13 May 16, 2010
Guys... slow down, please. If you do not care for yourself, then care for those who love you. Slow down! God bless that family and the poor fella's friends.
helmentless

Catasauqua, PA

#14 May 16, 2010
Please stop with all the helment comments . Helments are not rated for crashes over 20 mph. I ride and I can see alot better with out a helment. You lose eyesight with them. Yes they protect you up to certain speed. But please think of the family and friends. Not tring to bring back a law that some bikers enjoy being able to see all our sides. How many people died with helments too. It is that time of the year so please watch pulling out for the one headlight bikers. GOD bless that family and all bikers out there.
witness

Stroudsburg, PA

#16 May 17, 2010
i saw the whole thing as well.. he was wearing a helmet..so sad.. will never get that image out of my head.. its a reminder that we are NOT invinsible..
mkl

Blackwood, NJ

#17 May 17, 2010
Joe wrote:
Anyone who rides without a helmet should be made to ride with a letter to thier family in thier pocket because it's a death wish.
he was wearing a helmet!
witness to tragedy on 422

Reading, PA

#19 May 17, 2010
Helmet, no helmet, motorcycles can be deadly regaurdless of how fast you are traveling and how careful you are, same goes for any vehicle and wearing seatbelts. My heart goes out to this riders family. However, how selfish of him and those of you out there who speed in and out of traffic, text while driving, and take unecessary risks that put you and everyone else on the road in danger. Thank God nobody else was injured or killed in this situation. He could have easy hit another vehicle filled with innocent victims. There is one difference and one similarity between reckless drivers and drunk drivers. Drunk drivers are under the influence of alcohol when making their decisions and reckless drivers are completely aware of there decision and continue taking chances with their life as well as others anyway. The similarity.. neither thinks about or are fully aware of the consequences of there reckless actions. May this be a lesson to those of you who selfishly take chances and risks on the roadway.
For the lawls

London, UK

#20 May 17, 2010
Anyone who rides a bike on 422 is insane. The road throws my truck around all over and bounces it pretty high in places. My front end has come off the ground more than once, especially at the bridges. I can only imagine how hard that is to control on a bike, at any speed. On top of the bumps, cracks, and potholes, there's tons of loose gravel. Anyone who drives this road everyday like I do, knows the damage it does to vehicles.

An example; I had to slam on the brakes for traffic coming to a grinding stop. Right after I slammed on the brakes I went over one of the big cracks that sends your vehicle airborne. It was enough to lift my front end, when it came back down obviously my brakes were locked. I started skidding until ABS realized what was going on. I watched smoke pour of the tires of the car behind me as the same thing happened. Their front end was completely off the ground.

The road is a death trap and not because of the drivers.

God bless this man and his family.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#21 May 17, 2010
Regarding the helmet law (or lack thereof). Not having a helmet law is like pouring chlorine in the gene pool. Yes, it's more comfortable to not wear one, but I don't buy the visibility comment previously made. You can see just fine if you take care of your equipment. My favorite is the riders with the chromed-out bikes and stretched swing arms who really have no idea how to properly ride - and their helmets are securely fastned to the rear footpegs. Like I said... chlorine in the gene pool.
Nikki

Allentown, PA

#22 May 17, 2010
Poor guy R.I.P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WFMZ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alfonso Picone defrauds elderly couple; swindle... (May '15) Wed John The Fisherman 58
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Dec 4 silly rabbit 130
News Case of cursing kids: Daycare has prior violations Dec 1 silly rabbit 3
News Sam Bennett announcing run for Allentown mayor Nov 25 rabbit silly 2
News Emmaus bank robber wants lower jail sentence (Feb '14) Nov 19 pgh 7
News Man Sentenced For Sexually Assaulting Young Gir... (Jul '11) Nov 13 I know the truth 39
News Spanish street signs stir debate in Allentown Nov 9 silly rabbit 3
More from around the web