Drug Arrest at The West End Fair

Full story: WFMZ

A woman working a stand at a Monroe County fair was arrested after police say she used the stand to sell drugs.
Comments
1 - 20 of 50 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bill

Allentown, PA

#1 Aug 28, 2009
Just another day at the fair. Sadly our country is turning into a haven for people always looking for an easy way to make money.
INDIAN SCOUT

United States

#2 Aug 28, 2009
maybe those were the prizes for the game?
Fair Goer

Walnutport, PA

#3 Aug 28, 2009
The sign when you enter the fair says NO Drugs. I guess they don't want you bringing in your own since they're selling.
Garys_comment

Schnecksville, PA

#4 Aug 28, 2009
Isn't it about time we legalized Marijuana?
in the past 50 years we've been filling our prisons with people for using a non dangerous, and sometimes a beneficial, weed that grows just about anywhere.
I don't use the stuff myself but am willing to bet that the majority of people in America have used it at one time or another.
Are we crazy or what?
not an allentown resident

United States

#5 Aug 28, 2009
Garys_comment wrote:
Isn't it about time we legalized Marijuana?
in the past 50 years we've been filling our prisons with people for using a non dangerous, and sometimes a beneficial, weed that grows just about anywhere.
I don't use the stuff myself but am willing to bet that the majority of people in America have used it at one time or another.
Are we crazy or what?
No, you're crazy! The stuff makes you stupid. It's a known fact the drug kills brain cells, most don't realize it because they were stupid to begin with, thence yourself.
dave-driver

Allentown, PA

#6 Aug 28, 2009
Garys_comment wrote:
Isn't it about time we legalized Marijuana?
in the past 50 years we've been filling our prisons with people for using a non dangerous, and sometimes a beneficial, weed that grows just about anywhere.
I don't use the stuff myself but am willing to bet that the majority of people in America have used it at one time or another.
Are we crazy or what?
Or all those people in the prisons that have used or sold pot should be in prison with all the drivers who use the phone while driving
sam hain

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Aug 28, 2009
dave-driver wrote:
<quoted text>Or all those people in the prisons that have used or sold pot should be in prison with all the drivers who use the phone while driving
oh..and booze doesnt make you stupid after awhile..give me a break..
sam hain

Bethlehem, PA

#8 Aug 28, 2009
not an allentown resident wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're crazy! The stuff makes you stupid. It's a known fact the drug kills brain cells, most don't realize it because they were stupid to begin with, thence yourself.
oh and booze doesnt make you stupid...give me a break...as Peter Tosh said..Leaglize It...

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Aug 28, 2009
How much is in a "dime bag"? Enough for one small bowl?

“Too soon old, too late smart..”

Since: Feb 07

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Aug 28, 2009
Garys_comment wrote:
Isn't it about time we legalized Marijuana?
in the past 50 years we've been filling our prisons with people for using a non dangerous, and sometimes a beneficial, weed that grows just about anywhere.
I don't use the stuff myself but am willing to bet that the majority of people in America have used it at one time or another.
Are we crazy or what?
Yes.
Ann

Wind Gap, PA

#11 Aug 28, 2009
No it should not be legal. But it should and could be made less available to our young people. Ask any mother or grandmother who has seen her child messed up bad by the greed of those who make their money at the expense of our youngsters. Get high on the Holy Spirit and drunk on the new wine the heavenly kind!!
freakin arlen

Allentown, PA

#12 Aug 28, 2009
Garys_comment wrote:
Isn't it about time we legalized Marijuana?
in the past 50 years we've been filling our prisons with people for using a non dangerous, and sometimes a beneficial, weed that grows just about anywhere.
I don't use the stuff myself but am willing to bet that the majority of people in America have used it at one time or another.
Are we crazy or what?
haha...he called it beneficial...thats classic.
i bet you voted for obama.
Nana of five

Hellertown, PA

#13 Aug 28, 2009
It seems to me the younger generation doesn't want to work for their money. Selling marijuana is the quickest way to make money along with cocaine, etc. That is why we have so much stealing and killings anymore. It is for the drug money. If we would legalize marijuana how would they pay for it. They would still steal and kill for the drug!!!
Cooper

Telford, PA

#14 Aug 28, 2009
If it was legal, they wouldnt have to steal and sell it illegally. They could get it anywhere. Pot isnt what you should be worrying about. Pot doesn't kill people.
Scott

Raleigh, NC

#15 Aug 29, 2009
legalize it!!! and yes, I voted for Obama, and damn proud of it
Scott

Raleigh, NC

#16 Aug 29, 2009
when was the last time anyone heard of someone smoking a joint, then going out and killing, raping, stealing. Why is it illegal?? Because it keeps too many people employed...police, prisons, guards, lawyers, judges...the list goes on and on. Legalize it, come on people, this IS the 21st century
radicalrightwing supporter

Sparta, NJ

#17 Aug 29, 2009
I would agree she broke the law, however the law needs to be reformed. weed is no big deal. The only reason its illegal is to keep pharmaceutical and plastics companies in business. Do some real research its very true. all you who disagree drank the kool aid they started serving almost 100 years ago. Up until then it was legal. Thats my feeling and I sure as hell aren't a liberal who voted for the communist socailist who needs to be tossed out of office.
gods follower

Sparta, NJ

#18 Aug 29, 2009
think how it helped the fair. All those people with the munchies buying those great $6 london broil sandwiches
Tad

Allentown, PA

#19 Aug 29, 2009
Ann wrote:
No it should not be legal. But it should and could be made less available to our young people. Ask any mother or grandmother who has seen her child messed up bad by the greed of those who make their money at the expense of our youngsters. Get high on the Holy Spirit and drunk on the new wine the heavenly kind!!
OK, now what you're recommending is crazy. Go to church? I feel safer in my own home...with a blunt.
Tad

Allentown, PA

#20 Aug 29, 2009
Nana of five wrote:
It seems to me the younger generation doesn't want to work for their money. Selling marijuana is the quickest way to make money along with cocaine, etc. That is why we have so much stealing and killings anymore. It is for the drug money. If we would legalize marijuana how would they pay for it. They would still steal and kill for the drug!!!
Nice try, but I disagree. Do you see people out in the streets killing and pillaging in order to get money to buy alcohol? Um...NO. So it's no more likely that they would do that in order to get their hands on weed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WFMZ Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens 6 hr mason 10
Stabbed city man walks into Allentown market Aug 25 silly rabbit 1
State Judge Gives Green Light To Proposed Race ... (Jul '09) Aug 23 Josh realname 26
Allentown to discuss blighted properties Oct. 1 Aug 23 silly rabbit 10
Local immigrants demand reform during march in ... Aug 23 Guess Who 6
No boys on Quakertown's varsity girls' field ho... Aug 23 veteran 13
Officials in Reading to Announce Graffiti Abate... (Mar '09) Aug 20 Real artist 37
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••