Rigorous standards for Norfolk police

Rigorous standards for Norfolk police

There are 3 comments on the WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads story from Dec 4, 2008, titled Rigorous standards for Norfolk police. In it, WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads reports that:

Before Norfolk Police Officers even put on a uniform, they are vetted, tested and questioned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads.

Dwayne Makala

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Dec 4, 2008
For some time Ive felt like there was no one policing the police in Hampton Roads.This is very different from NY where even people who break laws generally respect the police and law enforcement.Here too many people see the police not as protectors but enemies or tormentors.The police that act this way give the good police a bad name and make it hard for law abiding people in certain communities to support them or help them.I believe this is a deeper problem here and it is about accountability and abuse of power.This atmosphere makes it easy for criminals to thrive among people because they know law abiding people distrust the police also.The result just look at Newport News,today I saw drug dealing out in the open and police just riding by.If I can see this WHAT ARE THESE POLICE HERE FOR?
Badd Azzz Cop

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Dec 15, 2008
I just wish they'd increase the voltage on our stun guns.
A Virginia Native

Hampton, VA

#3 Mar 19, 2009
The Norfolk Police Department Clearly hires any and and everyone. I hear from an inside voice that the Officers are raciest and say sexual things to the woman. What the Police Department did to the Officers that gave there lives everyday was wrong. That is a reason why the always hire new people, because they cant hold on the the good ones. Good luck to who ever wants to work for A Police department like norfolk that wont back up there own..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Burglar gets prison for taking $1 and a plant h... Nov 28 Weeps Not Canuck 19
News Virginia contest a referendum and bellwether in... Sep '17 Minnesota Mike 25
News Hampton NAACP calls for school name change Aug '17 uneven steven 1
News Bennigan's files for bankruptcy; employees left... (Aug '08) Aug '17 Preston23x 41
I have mold in mildew in my unit Jul '17 Brittney beamon 2
News Flynn was warned not to accept foreign governme... (Apr '17) May '17 joe 35
News 12-year-old caught with knife, screwdriver at N... (Apr '17) Apr '17 frozen 1
More from around the web