After 20 years, Minnesota still wonde...

After 20 years, Minnesota still wonders, Where's Jacob?

There are 66 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 21, 2009, titled After 20 years, Minnesota still wonders, Where's Jacob?. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Eleven-year-old Jacob Wetterling liked to play hockey, basketball, soccer and football.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#73 Oct 22, 2009
Sharon4AttorneyGeneral wrote:
<quoted text>
Rotting John until you've walked in our shoes Losing a Campaign is Nothing Compared to Losing a Child, Its persons like you apparantly from St.Paul MN who Obstruct Justice, Libel with Malice, Affiant took the time to notify the Prominent Lawyer Jeff Anderson http://www.andersonadvocates.com/ as the Comment that Jacobs Scent led to the St.Johns Abby ? Also Jeff's Blog http://andersonadvocatesblog.blogspot.com/
Disclaimer Affiants Corp. Anderson+Advocates With Great Respect
A Mothers Love is Paramount
Your frivolous lawsuits and campaigns are the obstruction of justice the the courts here.

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#74 Oct 23, 2009
SW Metro wrote:
Interesting Comment,but I feel it's good to keep this in the news even if it is annually. Makes parents, family members more aware of their comings and goings. Never let you guard down, even if it is someone you may know. My love and prayers go out to Jacob, where you are; and to the entire family and friends that have missed this yound man (child).<quoted text>
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
The family doesn't want to be left alone. The don't want ANYONE to forget about Jacob, and more importantly they don't want anyone to quit looking. It's called hope.
MN Girl wrote:
I wouldn't think the family would want the media to stop bringing it up! The story needs to be talked about every day so that someone somewhere comes forward.
<quoted text>
All good points, but I'm coming from the perspective that I wouldn't want to re-hash the story to a camera every year just a station's ratings. The family would love to get Jacob back, or at least find out what happened. We all have the memories of lost family members, but that doesn't mean we want to talk about them and re-open the old wounds every year.
Elvis Aaron Presley

Minneapolis, MN

#75 Oct 23, 2009
Go_Ponies wrote:
We all have the memories of lost family members, but that doesn't mean we want to talk about them and re-open the old wounds every year.
So now you speak for every person that has lost a family member. Good to know.

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#76 Oct 23, 2009
Elvis Aaron Presley wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you speak for every person that has lost a family member. Good to know.
No, just a different perspective.
Von Mises

Minneapolis, MN

#77 Oct 23, 2009
Absurd wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absolutely absurd. I don't wonder if other kids have been abducted, and I don't think anybody else does either. Before the internet came along, remember the milk container photos? The postcards with the 'have you seen this child?' If I had a child abducted I would want the media focusing on it every day, and in this age of 24 hour news I don't believe there is a family out there with an abducted child not getting help from the media.
You seem unable to say anything that is relevant to the points I made. Let me make it clearer so that you at least have a second chance of understanding my simple and accurate words: No other abduction in the state of minnesota has received 1/100 of the law enforcement resources and media publicity of jacob wetterling. Everybody knows of jacob, and extremely few people can name a second unsolved abduction.
ThePhantom

Fredericksburg, VA

#78 Nov 2, 2009
A young boy went missing long ago and the community still mourns. His life had worth; it had value, and meaning. The fact that there are still no answers is utterly tragic. The truth can be found, but only by those tenacious enough to continue looking for it. We won't give up, ever. No defeat, no surrender.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

TwinCities.com Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman dies after being hit by train in St. Paul (Aug '08) 3 hr 9 years later 136
News Oakdale / Cop's firing bares ill will for longt... (Mar '09) Mar 25 EMMETSBURG PERSON 256
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) Mar 23 Dakoter 2,656
News Is Minnesota's welfare system a magnet -- or ju... (May '09) Mar 23 Obama could have WON 273
News Dane County judge restates injunction on public... (Mar '11) Mar 16 Angela Heimann 5x... 5
News Michigan woman may sue over toilet paper dispenser (Dec '10) Mar 2 Lawsuit Phart 20
News FAA: Man in plane tossed toilet paper on NJ school (Oct '10) Mar 2 Fly High Phart 27
More from around the web