Matt Smith St. Paul's loss, Dakota's ...

Matt Smith St. Paul's loss, Dakota's gain

There are 1 comment on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 1, 2008, titled Matt Smith St. Paul's loss, Dakota's gain. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Government at all levels has gotten larger and more complicated. This makes it much harder to address problems and to explain clearly how government finances work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

City Hall Insider

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 1, 2008
No surprise here. It must have been hard for Matt Smith, budget after budget, having Chris Coleman run the deficit through the roof.

I just talked to another “well-connected” city hall insider and there is talk about other department heads seeing the writing on the wall. The word is out that the time to get out of St. Paul is now. There are many in the Coleman administration that are very troubled at the lack of direction by mayor Coleman. Before July you will see at least two other department heads going to greener pastures.

As one Coleman staffer stated at the State of the City Address a few weeks ago,“This is the 3rd State of the City Address, we are hoping for five more, but the reality of it all is there is one more on the horizon.“

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

TwinCities.com Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Senate approves use of medical marijuana (Apr '09) Jun 16 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 127
News West Fargo bugler presses for live taps for vet... (Oct '09) Jun 2 Anonymous 19
News Bucklin family thanks public for support (Nov '10) Jun 1 from oliver 28
News Ex-Etiquette: Presence of spouse's ex adds to h... (Nov '09) May '17 Tryhard 81
News Minnesota Health Department confirms six measle... (Mar '11) May '17 Waikiki Vermin 97
News Parker Hughes Cancer center suspending operations (Feb '08) Apr '17 Laura 17
News Minneapolis student targeted in Facebook postin... (May '10) Apr '17 Davycrockett 27
More from around the web