Springsteen concert postponed over ba...

Springsteen concert postponed over bandmate's death

There are 69 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 17, 2008, titled Springsteen concert postponed over bandmate's death. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Bruce Springsteen 's Friday night concert at the BankAtlantic Center has been postponed because of the death of a longtime Springsteen bandmate, a spokesman for concert promoter LiveNation said Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Titusville, FL

#1 Apr 17, 2008
Our prayers are with the family and friends
swatto2

Tucson, AZ

#3 Apr 17, 2008
ur kinda hot and stuff
FP4EVER22

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Apr 17, 2008
swatto2 wrote:
ur kinda hot and stuff
ur kinda desperate.
Who Cares

Soddy Daisy, TN

#5 Apr 17, 2008
I guess this is news.
Rick

AOL

#6 Apr 17, 2008
Whatever happened to the show must go on?
OK OK

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Apr 18, 2008
lazy judge tobin wrote:
Judge Victor Tobin does not work. He spends his afternoons shoppint at Macys.
Behind the story on Truck Nutz, the shopping thing is funny!
florida native

Miami, FL

#10 Apr 18, 2008
i would like to extend my deepesy sympathy to danny and his family and the members of the e street band. i think it is only fitting for the band to postpone some of the concert dates so they have time to mourn the loss of danny. i am also glad i was given the opportunity to see the e street plat two timeswhen they came to florida years ago one time at the orange bowl the other i think at god its been so long i cannot remember where the second time it was i saw them in concert but i do remember both times eere excellent concerts as only bruce and the e-street band could perform the very first song they started off with then was dancing in the dark and botn in the usa was also a great song to hear in concert the fanswent crazy. it was a wonderful time for me to remember and enjoy. i am so sorry they lost danny. and he is in rockn roll heaven right now jamming with everyone.
florida native

Miami, FL

#11 Apr 18, 2008
Rick wrote:
Whatever happened to the show must go on?
you are a complete moron to say the least you have no sympathy for the bands loss whatsoever it is unexcusable to think you want the show to go on it would be a very sad time for the members to be on stage they need time to mourn dannys loss and thats the right thing to do.
FAN

AOL

#12 Apr 18, 2008
florida native wrote:
<quoted text> you are a complete moron to say the least you have no sympathy for the bands loss whatsoever it is unexcusable to think you want the show to go on it would be a very sad time for the members to be on stage they need time to mourn dannys loss and thats the right thing to do.
I COMPLETELY AGREE! How selfish is that?? This keyboardist was around with them for 40 years. Give the band time to grieve over the loss of their long time friend first, and then, and only then, the show must go on. Someone should yank that guy's ticket...
BIRCH CREST ROCKS

United States

#13 Apr 18, 2008
The concert will be a premium to remember. ticket available 14B
suzette

Tucson, AZ

#14 Apr 18, 2008
When they built you brother, they broke the mold.....
Factoid

West Palm Beach, FL

#15 Apr 18, 2008
Springsteen is a typical rich celiberal how has not a clue of what's going on in the real world.

Since: Mar 08

Boca Raton, FL

#16 Apr 18, 2008
Factoid wrote:
Springsteen is a typical rich celiberal how has not a clue of what's going on in the real world.
As most Rock stars are,good thing I'm not trying to be his Buddy,however I go to hear the great musicians as well as "The Boss".Had you been able to be something greater than a Forum troll,I might feel the same about you.
jersey city joe

AOL

#17 Apr 18, 2008
where's the picture of danny ?
dis ain't about bruce .
r.i.p. bro
JUDGE DREDD

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Apr 18, 2008
Who gives a schn^t???? Here's an enigma that's living off of the gullibility of the American groupie and heroe worshipper. The guys a grotesque characture of a hasbenn or never was.
JUDGE DREDD

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Apr 18, 2008
Hatchetman wrote:
<quoted text>
As most Rock stars are,good thing I'm not trying to be his Buddy,however I go to hear the great musicians as well as "The Boss".Had you been able to be something greater than a Forum troll,I might feel the same about you.
Hatchetman????? More like dckhead>
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#24 Apr 18, 2008
B-B-Barry D-D-Devlin wrote:
<quoted text>
E-B-D-B-D....it's the fishing barrister. Stutter by w-w-w-ord and t-t-t-ype. Fish for dinnder boys!
The only S-S-S-ringst-t-t-een song I l-l-l-like is "You ain't s-s-sen nothing yet" B-B-B-aby you just ain't seen nothing yet. E-B-D-B-D!!!
S-S-Shark!!!
That's BTO, you bonehead.
LYLO

United States

#26 Apr 18, 2008
JUDGE DREDD wrote:
Who gives a schn^t???? Here's an enigma that's living off of the gullibility of the American groupie and heroe worshipper. The guys a grotesque characture of a hasbenn or never was.
Who taught you english?
unbelievable

Boynton Beach, FL

#27 Apr 18, 2008
You people are all so disrespectful.

My heart goes out to Danny's family and the entire E Street Band. It just won't be the same without him.
Not Politically Correct

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#28 Apr 18, 2008
JUDGE DREDD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hatchetman????? More like dckhead>
You looking in the mirror again? You call him a has-been, what's it like to be a never-was and never -will be?Maroon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Florida Sun-Sentinel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Sweet Britches 1,619,978
News Debris hauler touts post-Irma prices as potenti... 52 min Pam 2
News Phelps in hot water again: Swimmer apologizes a... (Feb '09) 4 hr qurinker 209
News Key West's Fantasy Fest is back despite Hurrica... Wed Reeltime 4
News Former DCF supervisor files lawsuit against agency (Sep '07) Oct 15 Danielle Julianne 366
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Oct 12 Armson 64,003
News Ex-Chick-fil-A murder suspect claims entrapment... Oct 7 Common Sense 1
More from around the web