Teens, adults: Sex ed needed - Sentin...

Teens, adults: Sex ed needed - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 19 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Feb 28, 2010, titled Teens, adults: Sex ed needed - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Teenagers tend to think they're invincible when they have their minds set on doing something, especially when it comes to becoming sexually active, Fitchburg High School senior Nicholas Martinez, 18, said this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Fitchburg Resident

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Feb 28, 2010
And you still believe there is not a need for Planned Parenthood in Fitchburg????
RenoLady

Reno, NV

#2 Feb 28, 2010
I commend the Fitchburg schools for their **** education program. While abstinence is a lofty goal for youngsters, we all know that sexual activity is taking place at younger ages. The impulsive and hormonal nature of youth, along with the constant theme of **** in all avenues of our media, surely push them to sexual behavior before many are ready for it.

Condoms have their limitations. Although they provide a barrier against pregnancy and STDs, we know that condoms can break and if not applied properly, can lose all their protective qualities. Because many children do not have responsible adults in their lives or they are unable to discuss **** with their parents, there must be other avenues to educate and protect these youngsters from disease and pregnancy. Planned Parenthood fills that void. Thank goodness they do.
RenoLady

Reno, NV

#3 Feb 28, 2010
Why did my comment come up with **** in place of the word **** in three places ? That is very, very strange. Are there **** censors around ?
RenoLady

Reno, NV

#4 Feb 28, 2010
Holy- moly....... call the cops !

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#5 Feb 28, 2010
iT'S AN "AUTO CENSOR" THAT DOES THAT TO CERTAIN WORDS...$ex IS OK, BUT **** IS NOT....
Whatever

Windham, NH

#6 Feb 28, 2010
Fitchburg Resident wrote:
And you still believe there is not a need for Planned Parenthood in Fitchburg????
You don't read very well.... This is "abstinence only" **** education.
Since when does planned parenthood provide that?
Shameless

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Feb 28, 2010
just pointing out that you interviewed a 20 year old who was picking his girlfriend up from high school. "Bryan Tejada, 20"
Ask him how old she was? I mean really ?
Shameless

Fitchburg, MA

#8 Feb 28, 2010
RenoLady wrote:
Why did my comment come up with **** in place of the word **** in three places ? That is very, very strange. Are there **** censors around ?
what word ****??
Shameless

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Feb 28, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read very well.... This is "abstinence only" **** education.
Since when does planned parenthood provide that?
Abstinence only? who the hell are you kidding ? I'm 26 and when
I was 16 I was having ****, and many of the girls I knew had been having **** since they were even younger 12-13 in some cases. I am certain it is worse now. Better that kids be educated in a logical way about making the right decisions. If a parent wants to blame someone for their kid getting pregnant or what not, they only need look in the mirror
RenoLady

Reno, NV

#10 Feb 28, 2010
Thanks Popthepervs. I never knew that. Kind of archaic, isn't it ?**** is censored but sexual is not. Crazy ! And Planned Parenthood does discuss abstinence along with its other contraceptive information.
FHS Senior

Wellesley, MA

#11 Feb 28, 2010
I'd just like to note that I have passed the health class and do not recall anything further than the definition of "Abstinence". However due to the fact I took the class about 2 years ago, the curriculum may have changed. But I'm sure the 30 sem-odd other students that were in my class at the time were taught the same, or rather NOT taught.
Although from a personal view, I do oppose ****, only because it's overrated and the point of a relationship is not only about **** as it seems to be among several of my peers.
Whatever

Windham, NH

#12 Mar 1, 2010
Shameless wrote:
<quoted text>
Abstinence only? who the hell are you kidding ? I'm 26 and when
I was 16 I was having ****, and many of the girls I knew had been having **** since they were even younger 12-13 in some cases. I am certain it is worse now. Better that kids be educated in a logical way about making the right decisions. If a parent wants to blame someone for their kid getting pregnant or what not, they only need look in the mirror
You need to read better people... Not, let your temper get the better of you :)
I qam not for or against, or endorsing ANYTHING "shameless" blabbermouth! I am just telling you that the class as stated in the paper - IF you read it is an abstinence only class.
Darlene

Brockton, MA

#13 Mar 1, 2010
If abstinency only prevents kids from having **** for 2 more years, that is the perfect opportunity to provide them with more detailed information on STD's and pregnancy and how it will affect them physically. Students should only be provided with abortion as an option if the faculty is willing to explain and show video of an actual abortion. Only then will a student really understand the consequences of their actions.
Experienced

Brockton, MA

#14 Mar 1, 2010
Planned Parenthood may say that they want to open a facility in Fitchburg to provide education and contraception, but since when does a business open their doors to provide only free services? Planned Parenthood is in the business to make as much money as possible in taking the lives of the unborn babies and destroying the lives of its parents. Both men and women regret abortion and statistics show it.
Once Planned Parenthood opens their doors in any City, it is next to impossible to get them out. No City needs the controversey that comes along with Planned Parenthood and the murder of innocent babies.
Libby

Chicago, IL

#15 Mar 1, 2010
Yes, many young people are being infected with STDs as well. Many of the STDs (i.e. Chlamydia, Gonorrhea) do not present with symptoms. www.getstdtested.com
lol

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Mar 1, 2010
nick martinez is gay
Whatever

Windham, NH

#17 Mar 2, 2010
lol wrote:
nick martinez is gay
LMAO... i HEARD YOU DID HIM :)
Way to go

Fitchburg, MA

#18 Mar 2, 2010
It is good to see the S&E talking about S&E&X in a positive manner and in a way that makes sense.
bibina

Algeria

#19 Mar 9, 2010
ednfofgt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sentinel & Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired (Nov '16) 8 hr Len 66
News Lunenburg woman charged in $161 grocery theft (Oct '16) Jul 28 Boston Bob 10
News Trump defends son after disclosure of Russian e... Jul 23 IMpeach Now 20
News Fitchburg welcomed our business warmly Jul '17 Billy slob 6
News Residents authorize second ballot vote Jul '17 none 1
News Domino's Pizza will open on Fitchurg's Water St... Jul '17 Corrupt turds 5
News Born in Billerica, solar-powered Tertill ready ... Jul '17 tyrayd 1
More from around the web