Donnelly declares last-minute candida...

Donnelly declares last-minute candidacy - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 72 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 28, 2009, titled Donnelly declares last-minute candidacy - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Former City Councilor Thomas Donnelly has joined the mayoral race one week before election day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

facts

Worcester, MA

#22 Oct 28, 2009
Wong needs a spin doctor wrote:
The Theatre block is about to fill up with businesses. She's working with the property owner and businesses to make that happen.
Ask her who really got the first two businesses into the block. It wasn't her!
Who are you KIDDING

Somerville, MA

#23 Oct 28, 2009
city wrote:
Whether Wong runs alone or against an opponent she WILL NOT get my vote. I will leave it blank before voting for her. She is not listening to the people of this city, she just does what HER VISION is. What is going on at the corner of North and Main, we could have had a CVS but nothing is there. When you talk with her she is just very cold, she can't even fake it.
Wong says: "I think we have done a pretty good job at keeping patrols at previous levels," Wong said.

That will put the city in a strong position to benefit from future state aid when the economy rebounds, she said.

Crime prevention is a community issue in which residents must hold each other accountable and get involved in efforts to curb illegal activities as quoted!

Ya a strong position at the expense of Fitchburg citizens. More shootings,robberies, blood shed,lack of responding to 911 calls on several occasions, two thirds of street lights out. Community services cut etc etc etc.

Who are you trying to kid, Mayor Wong?

What are you trying to say to the public with such comments?

What's the body count got to be, before we get a fat government or state grant or bail out?

Then, to plea to the citizens to get involved with crime prevention as a way to up the future body count. We've seen citizens report crime only to become victims themselves with no city support at all!

Talk is very cheap, Mayor Wrong, when it is at the expense of our children, families, senior citizens, and concerned residents and business owners in town.

Can you just give us the real cost? Have you factored the above in the payment? We DO NOT think so! Fitchburg is just a bunch of numbers to crunch and some grant forms to fill out. Great job, Sure we'll get all the grants we need. Just a few more murders and a few more robberies and a few more sell outs to go!

Are you part of this taking the streets back campaign? Must be so, if your inciting UNTRAINED CITIZENS to do professional POLICE work.

Lots of mass law 225 section 2s will be violated by good people not knowing where the line is between good intentions and actually breaking laws themselves trying to prevent or stop crime.

What say you, Mayor WRONG?
enough

AOL

#24 Oct 28, 2009
The current mayor works tirelessly to bring in new business. Constantly. It just isn't reported, and shouldn't be, until it is a reality. No one cares about the two business that opened recently that do employ more than 4-5 people (BioMass). Artsy businesses that fill up Main Street may not emply many, but they attact others from outside the area and make the street look better. Admit it. Looks better than it did a couple years ago. Takes time. The Theatre block is about to fill up with businesses. She's working with the property owner and businesses to make that happen. It is happening - you can't reverse 25 years of bad management in 2.
I WILL BELIVE IT WHEN I SEE IT NOT HOLDING MY BREATH
Really

Windham, NH

#25 Oct 28, 2009
The current mayor works tirelessly to bring in new business. Constantly. It just isn't reported, and shouldn't be, until it is a reality. No one cares about the two business that opened recently that do employ more than 4-5 people (BioMass). Artsy businesses that fill up Main Street may not emply many, but they attact others from outside the area and make the street look better. Admit it. Looks better than it did a couple years ago. Takes time. The Theatre block is about to fill up with businesses. She's working with the property owner and businesses to make that happen. It is happening - you can't reverse 25 years of bad management in 2.
That's all she is is a spin Dr. Only thing she has done is cut cut cut. Not even by her choice, but because aid is cut. Nothing to increase revenues, no new projects, no new ideas. She does stash a little money, by not providing needed services. All any mayor does is spend what they are given. There is no magic in running government, you spend what you take in, and cut when it's reduced.
Please someone tell us something positive that has happened in the last two years attributed to her.
Who are you KIDDING

Somerville, MA

#26 Oct 28, 2009
Ya the save Fitchburg Tatoo group is coming what a great addition to the theater block, which is just a move to finally get away from something they can't control, but at least they get a bunch of new junkies and homeless people to kick around and threaten with knives. I like to see them get away with it across from city hall,like they did on lower main street. Down here, you can't even ring a door buzzer next to the shop without having a confrontation with one of the strong arms, because he does not like the sound of the bell. Good bye! We will see more traffic on the block than ever before because no one will feel intimidated by a group of people hanging out in front of their shop twenty minutes on the hour picking on people who happen to pass by at their choice, to prevent future crimes. What a police state were coming to.
No way

AOL

#27 Oct 28, 2009
enough wrote:
<quoted text> I WILL BELIVE IT WHEN I SEE IT NOT HOLDING MY BREATH
The only business she supports is Destare and that's turned into a gang haven.
wow

Brockton, MA

#28 Oct 28, 2009
Are these the only 3 candidates running for mayor !!! no one else wants to step to the plate.. Wong Sucks !!!
sickofitall

United States

#29 Oct 28, 2009
the name says it all for WONG and her buddies; YAY Tommy, any fool who would go against you and vote her back in doesn't belong in fitchburg living with us. People who were born, raised, brought up families and try to keep yes the old school what we have left of it worked before and with you as mayor I honestly and sincerely believe we can recapture some of that back !!! You have my full support and will campaign for you.

i will give you a call.........
city

Boston, MA

#30 Oct 28, 2009
not this again wrote:
<quoted text>
There was never an actual proposal for a CVS there. Stop it!
Stop it? I don't think so
Matt

Leominster, MA

#32 Oct 28, 2009
Doesn't matter who wins Fitchburg sucks plain and simple. Please name one reason why any one who does not live there would want to visit. All cities should ship their homeless there and pay Fitchburg to keep them there. That would be a way to increase revenue and the only way Fithburg will continue to grow.
Cranston

Boston, MA

#33 Oct 28, 2009
Lisa Wong is the best thing to happen to this city. Anyone with an education beyond 12th grade can see what she has done. It's a shame this blog is monitored by individuals who have grown up in Fitchburg and have never have wanted to advance themselves. Any of us who have educated ourselves and choose to improve Fitchburg will do it with a positive attitude.
Lisa Wong will once again be Mayor and the educated and progressive citizens will have their voices heard.
Gaetano Pistachio

Hopkinton, MA

#34 Oct 28, 2009
Where the hell is RON DIONNE when he is needed most?
Smith

Fitchburg, MA

#35 Oct 28, 2009
No way wrote:
<quoted text>
The only business she supports is Destare and that's turned into a gang haven.
If you're going to make something up, at least make it credible. That's like saying that the gangs are all shopping at Shack's.
No way

AOL

#36 Oct 28, 2009
Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to make something up, at least make it credible. That's like saying that the gangs are all shopping at Shack's.

Stop in and see for yourself any saturday night, at your own risk of course.
resident

Fitchburg, MA

#37 Oct 28, 2009
guess we have a lot of choices...just what we need
the good ole boy network
Ron

AOL

#38 Oct 28, 2009
Frowns all around wrote:
The donnelly's are scumbags... I rented from one of them and never had my calls returned or things in my apartment repaired. The only time you hear from them is when the rent doesn't come. Personally if there business practices are any similiar I would not want any of the family in office. I am only going out to vote so that I don't have to vote for him. Do Fitchburg a favor No Donnellys
anyone who knows him knows you are 100% right.
Be careful

Gardner, MA

#39 Oct 28, 2009
No way wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmmm I was there this past Saturday night and all I saw was a packed house dancing and enjoying themselves. And I'd be careful, Destare is the one business in Fitchburg doing well enough that they could afford to hire lawyers track down your IP address and sue you for libel. I'm not kidding.
Tom

Fitchburg, MA

#40 Oct 28, 2009
No way wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. There were attractive young people listening to loud music and having a good time. I felt old. There were no gang members.

Give it a rest. I know you people get a visceral thrill from tearing down everything about Fitchburg, but you need to pick your battles.
No way

AOL

#41 Oct 28, 2009
We were there two weeks ago on a saturday night when a fight broke out, it was a scary sight. These were not very nice folks, thats my opinion and I stand by it.
No way

AOL

#42 Oct 28, 2009
BTW sue me if you want but first go in there late saturday night, if i'm wrong go for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sentinel & Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This show won't be a drag Mar 19 FSU 3
News After running from police, Fitchburg man arrest... Mar 15 Kevin Lyn 1
News Ex-Fitchburg mayor's police job decision took t... Mar 6 Fat Stevie 2
News Family members grieve for accident victims - Se... (Jul '10) Mar 5 Lynne forever broken 22
News Wong: Letter cast doubt on council support for ... Mar 5 Bruno max 4
News Trump's infrastructure plan may hit roadblock: ... Mar 5 Texxy the Indepen... 1
News Wong to DeLeo: City will take slots - Sentinel ... (Jul '10) Feb '17 Twelve angry men 12
More from around the web