mart53

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

R Post, think it was called Godee'. We'd all come out of the Lensic and admire the clothes in the window!
Yorkie

Santa Maria, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Thank you. I wish we had shops like that nowadays.
Suz

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Yorkie wrote:
Thank you. I was hoping someone would remember.
I remember that ! the dresses were so expensive and beautimus!! We used to go in and leave fast cuz were messy from popcorn grease etc lol But my aunt and my mom owed the star record shop next to the Lensic and we went in feeling like Hey! we have a biz here too!!!
Suz

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

yes ty Yorkee for the name!!
Suz

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

oh Mart sorry Thank YOU for the name!!!! sorry !
gmv65

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

I grew up first on Franklin St.(Westsiders) and then on the Eastside off of Camino Monte Sol. My friend Rosie and I would walk to school at St. Francis and eventually to Loretto. Try letting your kids do that distance alone today. We loved to shop at Bell's, Sweetbriars, Taicherts, Woolworths (frito pies & cherry lime cokes), Dunlaps. Higher-end stores were cool too: La Tienda, El Pavon, Old Mexico Shop, the Guarantee. I loved to eat and hang out at Twin Cronies, Zooks, Ken's Pharmacy, Ingrams, Fred's Drive-In. Go to movies at Lensic, El Paseo, Yucca Drive-In. Wouldn't change growing up in Santa Fe for anything!
Yorkie

Santa Maria, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

It's really strange that I, too, have been thinking about what it was like growing up in Santa Fe. We were really lucky.
suz

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Yorkie wrote:
It's really strange that I, too, have been thinking about what it was like growing up in Santa Fe. We were really lucky.
Very lucky , so many wonderful memories, having a chocolate shake at Free Frazer's , after a movie at the Lensic having a burger at the Canton: while attending mid high, walking over and having a twin cronie (coronie)?, And growing up on Galisteo St. was able to walk to fiestas, school (Harrington) Cathedral, Swimming Pool, Bowling alley, wow loved it!!
Joshua Tapia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

George Pomonis wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve, no the Plaza cafe was always that and was owned by my uncle and cousin and one other Greek, Dan Razatos. the Mayflower was kitty corner on the south side of the Plaza three doors east of FW Woolworth and was owned, initially by my father and uncle after wwII My father brought in a partner who eventually owned "Evangellos" on the sight of the old Faith Cafe.
My great grandfather Robert Narvaiz owned the Mayflower Cafe and ran the KC Housea, and owned the Big Chief Restuarant in Santa Fe
Laird Durley

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

El Nido&Maria Benitez to the north in Tesuque, the Crazy Frenchman with his restaurant across from the Opera to the north; Bourbon&Blues to the south on Cerrillos, The Bob Cat Bite on 40 and The Depot in Lamy to the east, Josie's green chile rellenos and ice boxcake downtown.
Jennifer

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Steve van Dresser wrote:
The Twin Cronies was on Water St. maybe 50 feet west of La Fonda. Their specialty was a hot dog, cut in half and served on a hamburger bun smothered in a very mild red chile meat sauce (or maybe spaghetti sauce) with mustard. Scrumptious!
I loved those twin cronies. Wish I could find the recipe for them and I'd make them myself at home. Used to eat them at the bus depot all the time for lunch.
Roger Hobday

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

I loved them too!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,181 - 2,192 of2,192
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Search the The Santa Fe New Mexican Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) Apr 11 swedenforever 9
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Apr 2 Lynne Loss 8
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar 26 Billie 3
THE RECESSION: Many pushed many to seek second ... (Mar '09) Mar 26 Sileas 2
Letters to editor for March 3, 2009 (Mar '09) Mar 26 Leonora 33
THE RECESSION: Many pushed many to seek second ... (Sep '09) Mar 26 Liz 3
Household debt sees first drop in decades (Dec '08) Mar 26 Mair 2
•••

Santa Fe Conditions

(updated 41 min ago)

Weather
Cloudy 67°F
Feels like: 66°F