Greg D

Honolulu, HI

#2182 Oct 22, 2010
I think I meant George Pomonis.

I mentioned this here or on the SFNM "Recent Comments" years ago.
Greg D

Honolulu, HI

#2183 Oct 22, 2010
In the back of my mind, since I hardly ever forget anything, I seem to be able to recall a tall skinny, curly black-haired boy working the tables at the Mayflower in the late 40's.

George might that had been you?
Greg D

Honolulu, HI

#2185 Oct 22, 2010
The ore house that began with a wh. Topix doesn't like this word for some reason, although they used to be quite common. It was on the south side of the plaza.
suz

AOL

#2186 Oct 22, 2010
oh used to walk down to the Mayflower and eat fries after church :)

Since: Oct 08

Dent, MN

#2187 Oct 23, 2010
suz wrote:
greg!! how scary!! it's still there but called something else again. you mean don fernando george? that sounds like where the Palermo's lived down the street , was it nearby?
I didn't know the Palermo family. two houses east of my parent's house was the young Catron family and across the street to the west was the Lopez family sw corner. Yes I did mean Don Fernando/ My parents sold that house in 1963 and moved to one of their apts. on Don Gaspar and Buena Vista. My dad died in 1965 and my mom died in 1987 both in SF.
suz

AOL

#2188 Oct 23, 2010
wow!! my parents still live at the corner of don fernando and galisteo, my best friend Kathleen shelly lives on Don gaspar do you know her ? her parents bought that house around the time my parents did on galisteo. Oh I know where those apts. are . I graduated high school with a Pomonis, Danny.

Dent, MN

#2189 Oct 24, 2010
suz wrote:
wow!! my parents still live at the corner of don fernando and galisteo, my best friend Kathleen shelly lives on Don gaspar do you know her ? her parents bought that house around the time my parents did on galisteo. Oh I know where those apts. are . I graduated high school with a Pomonis, Danny.
Danny is my cousin Phillip's son. Phillip is 7 years my senior. Danny's mother is in a long care facility in SF and his dad lives at home.
When my parents lived on Don Fernando there was a big empty space from the Catrons to Galisteo.

No the Shelly name is unfamiliar to me. I grew up on Santa Fe Ave one block from Wood/Gormely and Harrington JH.
suz

AOL

#2190 Oct 24, 2010
oh Santa Fe Ave is the coolest street I used to walk to Harrington 7th and 8th grade and take the Santa fe ave way home instead of don gaspar straight home lol I saw the most interesting houses on both streets OH but Dick Shelley was a coach they almost named Sweeney Center after him just by a couple of votes. well his kids were Kathleen and Gary I thought everyone knew them that grew up here lol.:) wow Danny was so cool and funny haven" seen him since the 10 year or was it 20 reunion oh my mind lol
suz

AOL

#2191 Oct 24, 2010
sorry about Danny's mother :( my parents are getting up there too. Oh by the way my parents bought the house on galisteo and don fernando in 1960 when I was four and there were no houses around at all nothing so I guess that might been one of the houses built up from the catrons wow
DAVID B

Albuquerque, NM

#2192 Dec 15, 2010
Who remembers the Ole Burger Chef on Cerrillos Road accros from El Rey, or the Adobe Inn Across From the Now Smiths on Cerrillos Rd. I know these are only in the 70's, or the Fina gas station at Rodeo RD and Cerrillos. How about I25 coming into town where the frontage road is now. The Old Holiday Inn Sign.
DAVID B

Albuquerque, NM

#2193 Dec 16, 2010
Correction on the Adobe inn , Should be ADobe Resturant, or at least I think that was it. We use to Ditch School and go eat breakfast! Don't tell anyone!

Since: Sep 08

AOL

#2194 Dec 16, 2010
DAVID B wrote:
Correction on the Adobe inn , Should be ADobe Resturant, or at least I think that was it. We use to Ditch School and go eat breakfast! Don't tell anyone!
And none of the teachers would have ever dreamed that you were ditching.

Had forgotten about some of the places you mentioned. Good memories.
suz

AOL

#2195 Dec 17, 2010
yes remember all!!
suz yes pablo

AOL

#2196 Dec 17, 2010
yes pablo
Moved to Utah

Clearfield, UT

#2197 Dec 18, 2010
Toucan Tango wrote:
Only for "Real" Santa Feans? How come about half of these real Santa Feans live in CA, KY and Japan?
Sometimes we had to...but seldom did we want to move away.

Dent, MN

#2198 Dec 18, 2010
Probably because there was no work for us."moved to Utah" is correct.
suz

AOL

#2199 Dec 18, 2010
WOW is this place getting haters too?
suz

AOL

#2200 Dec 18, 2010
this is my home :)santa fe

Since: Sep 08

AOL

#2201 Dec 19, 2010
I feel so fortunate that I have been able to remain in Santa Fe. Moved to the big city (Albuquerque) for a few months. Didn't like it. Moved back. End of story.
suz

AOL

#2202 Dec 20, 2010
Pablo Baca wrote:
I feel so fortunate that I have been able to remain in Santa Fe. Moved to the big city (Albuquerque) for a few mo

nths. Didn't like it. Moved back. End of story.
ya alb too big!!!!!!!!!! santa fe is home

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Ray Ortiz committed to improving S.F (Jan '09) Nov 22 GEORGIA 9
Lawsuit against S.F. bicycle shop sees delays (May '09) Nov 4 Felicity 16
Otero County rejects spaceport tax (Nov '08) Nov 2 skidmark 19
Tiny Town's final days (Jul '09) Nov 1 donbga 3
'I'm glad it's over': Family, friends welcome c... (Oct '08) Oct '14 Your Family 31
Rodella eyes Rio Arriba sheriff's job (Apr '09) Sep '14 Darian Valdevia 30
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Aug '14 Lynne Loss 10

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE