Fine-feathered rescue

Fine-feathered rescue

There are 5 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from May 29, 2010, titled Fine-feathered rescue. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Santa Fe firefighters place a baby raven back into its nest on top of a 30-foot pine tree in a neighborhood off Rodeo Drive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

J Hunter

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 30, 2010
Thank you for the happy story in grim times.

Since: Aug 09

NYC

#2 May 30, 2010
Great story. Congratulations to all who helped out; The Greys, the Wildlife Center and, especially to our fire department for extending itself (and a ladder) to help a"neighbor" in distress.
ardeth

Santa Fe, NM

#3 May 30, 2010
Ravens are fun-loving, brainy birds. I've often thought that being reincarnated as a raven would be such a trip. I've been feeding them for years, mostly peanut butter, and I can always tell when nesting season has arrived because some of them will load up their beaks with as much peanut butter as they can fit in and fly off to feed their young.
Beth Surdut_Raven Artist

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 May 30, 2010
Hurray for the fire dept and for the neighborhood watch's perseverance! I draw ravens and collect people's stories about the science and spirit of these iconic birds. For an artistic bird treat, come up to the Randall Davey Audubon Center until June 30th to see the Wildlife Invitational. For an entire collection of ravens, my solo exhibition of Listening To Raven runs at the same venue July 9-Aug 9
BIG BROTHER

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jun 1, 2010
Thanks to the Chief and her Firefighters.

Keep up the GREAT Work!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite pardon, Arpaio judge isn't convinced sh... Sep 16 tomin cali 1
News At risk in Rohingya exodus: 230,000 children, h... Sep 15 Wildchild 1
News About those climate denials: You're wrong Sep 12 Talkin To A 9yo 9
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... Sep 12 Marie 6
News Albuquerque man arrested in Santa Fe, accused o... Sep 6 Ustinque 3
News PNM customers call for more clean energy, not h... Sep 5 Iron Wil 2
News Your face may become your iPhone password Sep 5 AndroidRules 1
More from around the web