Man charged in road-rage shooting

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

Held at gunpoint after bullet strike showers his infant son with glass, second driver spits in suspect's face Doug Mattson The New Mexican Santa Fe police say it's a very bad idea to spit on someone pointing a ...
Comments
101 - 119 of 119 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Honestly

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

DocMo wrote:
Is this town fast going to the dogs? Or has it always been like this? We need some statistics on the percentage of violent gun-related crime, including road-rage. How about it, SFNM...why not do a series on this topic?? And break it out to include number US citizens vs illegals, while you're at it. and what their sentencing is/was. How much of the time did they serve, if any..., etc.
Should prove interesting.
Obviously, people care to know more!!
I certainly hope that driving privileges are removed for ten years as well.
you can

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Unbelievable wrote:
have you ever tried to cross the street to get to Tomasita's when you have to park on the side streets?.
afford those burritos?

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Since: Sep 08

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Unbelievable, why would you take the chance of crossing a street that is equivolent to playing Russian roulette? I wouldn't. Not worth it to me. I will go clear around a few blocks first to get on the right side of the street in order to turn into Tomasitas without taking that Russion roulette route.
Unbelievable

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

PC Chavez wrote:
Unbelievable, why would you take the chance of crossing a street that is equivolent to playing Russian roulette? I wouldn't. Not worth it to me. I will go clear around a few blocks first to get on the right side of the street in order to turn into Tomasitas without taking that Russion roulette route.
The City of Santa Fe has graciously put medians in on Guadalupe with "pedestrian cutouts" minus the crosswalk. Go figure. And with the railrunner, it's almost impossible to find a place to park for a dinner outing @ Toma's. I've had to cross there a couple of times - imagine the fun with two children in the middle of winter and icy sidewalks. Trying to order take out from Toma's more often...lol!
Unethical

Corona, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

This situation was way out of hand. First of all, Romero is a punk and needs to be off the streets. Hopefully, he will be sent to prison. Thank God the girlfriend and the baby are okay. As for Jason Anaya, I know who he is and he has a bad attitude and needs a good a** kicking. He thinks he's bad and should be off the street as well. I hope he takes this as a good lesson and becomes a real man. A real man would never have put his family in danger, especially a little innocent baby. I hope his girlfriend takes that baby and drops his loser a**. Let's get Romero off the street and Jason grow up.
Honestly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Don Diego wrote:
You're a mean one, Mr. Gabe
You are holding all that rage.
You're like a black crayola
You pulled out your pistola.
Mr. Gabe!
You're a bad boy, Mr. Gabe
Your brains an empty hole.
One reason you may be packin
Down there you might be lackin
Mr. Gabe!
You're a danger, Mr. Gabe
You were acting like a punk
Three words I have to tell you
your actions on that night dude.
Stink - Stank - Stunk!
Don Diego, your lyrical genius is needed in the Lo-Va-To (fierro) blog.
jose villlegas

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

[QUOTE "Mark"]There is absolutely too much testosterone in Northern New Mexico.**** like this has always happened here. I grew up here, as did both my parents and their parents and their parents. It's a great place to live and raise a family, but there is too much 'machismo' out there and too many people that figure that they're owed something. Lots of idiots out there with chips on their shoulders. It has nothing to do with gangs or anyone's racial heritage. It's all about upbringing and teaching your children right from wrong. You don't shoot a gun into a car that may kill innocent passengers. And you don't antagonize people who are threatening you with a loaded gun. Let's hope this story leads to more kids in Northern New Mexico learning that this behavior does not belong on our streets.[/QUOTE]
Good advice, ese! Press on!
1 23 abc

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

what the ever happend to the right to protect ur self, one man had a car and the othere had a gun , and if the first man didnt use his car as a weapon the othere man would not of used his, what is this world coming to , if i dont have the right to protect my self i dont want to live in the usa any more . think of it this way , if a man was swinging a bat at u and u had a gun what would u do , well this man was swiging a whole car at mr romero , i would have shot to
1 23 abc

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Judged:

Unethical wrote:
This situation was way out of hand. First of all, Romero is a punk and needs to be off the streets. Hopefully, he will be sent to prison. Thank God the girlfriend and the baby are okay. As for Jason Anaya, I know who he is and he has a bad attitude and needs a good a** kicking. He thinks he's bad and should be off the street as well. I hope he takes this as a good lesson and becomes a real man. A real man would never have put his family in danger, especially a little innocent baby. I hope his girlfriend takes that baby and drops his loser a**. Let's get Romero off the street and Jason grow up.
why should mr romero be off the street whe the other guy started the whole thing, ur an idiot cuz every one knows u should never bring a car to a gun fight
1 23 abc

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>Don Diego, your lyrical genius is needed in the Lo-Va-To (fierro) blog.
never hear any thing so stupid in my life , if a man trys to hurt me im going to fight back , even if theres a kid in the back , witch he had no knowledge of
Honestly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

1 23 abc wrote:
<quoted text>
never hear any thing so stupid in my life , if a man trys to hurt me im going to fight back , even if theres a kid in the back , witch he had no knowledge of
It sounds like you never got past 1-2-3 and a-b-c in school. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and take the time to get educated. Maybe people will start taking you seriously and you might even like it.
Grad Student

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you never got past 1-2-3 and a-b-c in school. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and take the time to get educated. Maybe people will start taking you seriously and you might even like it.
ovesley im smarter then u cuz im sure no 1 would ever want let some 1 hurt them so maybe u should try some education and maybe u wouldnt sound so ignorant and by the way on my forum i have ten thousand people in agreement so have a nice day ****
Honestly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Grad Student wrote:
<quoted text>
ovesley im smarter then u cuz im sure no 1 would ever want let some 1 hurt them so maybe u should try some education and maybe u wouldnt sound so ignorant and by the way on my forum i have ten thousand people in agreement so have a nice day ****
Where didn't you learn to spell? You can't be taken seriously if you write like a first grader.

Since: Oct 08

Questa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

Judged:

Just shows that when you start allowing those California's start transplanting into an area they bring all the other California problems with them.
Pretty

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

TruettCollins wrote:
Just shows that when you start allowing those California's start transplanting into an area they bring all the other California problems with them.
far off topic, I'd say. Discredits anything else you might contribute.

Since: Oct 08

Questa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

Judged:

Pretty wrote:
<quoted text>
far off topic, I'd say. Discredits anything else you might contribute.
Keep up with the thread....seems it got into WHY we have things like this....I gave one answer....you object why, is it because you are one of those transplants.....
Nena

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

We all make mistakes, we all miss judge and miss interpret the situation. I believe we all deserve a second chance. Its not up to anyone to comment and repeat the "facts", what ever happened that night happened. The allegation being that the shooting was in lue of self defense by Mr. Romero puts it very clear that if he wasn't provoked nothing would of happened. As for Anaya i think the dumbest thing he did was return to confront Gabryl. This leads to think that the man had criminal intentions himself. How is he not at fault for anything.
Gabryl Romero

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>Where didn't you learn to spell? You can't be taken seriously if you write like a first grader.
Two words (not guilty.) I was found not guilty on all charges. i read all comments said about me and i thought i really did do something wrong but when i heard not guilty i new i was right all along. all though i will never own a gun again
Gabryl A Romero

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Ambro wrote:
It turns out most of these punks are chicken sheet. The rule of thumb is. You brandish the gun! You use the gun! Otherwise don`t brandish it.
These are just dumb fork immature punks. Makes me wonder about the other freaks getting these Government jobs.
Nepotism anyone?
I hope you get email notification because I am Gabryl A Romero and i did use my gun and will use it again if i have to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Search the The Santa Fe New Mexican Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Jul 13 Ken 2,199
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) Jul 10 MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun 30 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun '14 Just A random guy 5
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '14 swedenforever 11
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Apr '14 Lynne Loss 8
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar '14 Billie 3
•••

Santa Fe Conditions

(updated 20 min ago)

Weather
Cloudy 77°F
Feels like: 77°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »