Man charged in road-rage shooting

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

Held at gunpoint after bullet strike showers his infant son with glass, second driver spits in suspect's face Doug Mattson The New Mexican Santa Fe police say it's a very bad idea to spit on someone pointing a ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of119
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

Man, that's really bad. Next time, just forget it and move on in another direction or something. Don't get your baby killed.
Doinky

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

Thankfully Anaya and his family are safe.

Equally thankfully, another scumbag/waste product is off the roads and out of our community.

Thank you Mr. Anaya, thank goodness you and your family were safe, and may God Bless.
Homer Winslow

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

Judged:

Let's get rid of this clown ”White Migrant Worker“ Sounds like one of them Bushies, all guns and glory, all talk, all hat, and brainless from the git-go.
Where are they now

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

Judged:

What ever happend to that other gun waving incident at J.C. Penny at the mall around Christmas? Do you think S.F. has a problem with kids and guns? We only graduate fifty percent of those in the S.F. public schools.

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Since: Sep 08

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

What is this? A Los Angeles freeway? So now, rinky-dink Santa Fe has road rage?

Hah!
Too Much for this Fool

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Don't worry the DA will drop all but one charge then the judge will put an ankle bracelet on him and tell him he can only drive Cerrillos Road between 2 am when the bars close and 12 midnight the next day. Oh, and he will not be allowed to carry a .45, only a .38. unless accompanied by a drunken State Police Officer on the Guv's detail or a really drunk lawyer, but then he can drive in DC.
Great

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

LOCALS!!!! Now where are the Mexican Haters???? Seeeeeeeeeeeee, it's the LOCAL people too!!!!
DocMo

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Yep, plenty of brainless testosterone to go around...around this town.
Chorus

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Catholic Mass, Wal*Mart and Violence: the Holy Trinity of our times.
Too

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

many idiots with guns it their cars.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Too wrote:
many idiots with guns it their cars.
Put a bumper sticker on your car saying. "This is a gun free Car" I wonder how long it`ll take for you to get et?
Also put that sign in front of your house. With Pride!
Disappointed local

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

This is the most unjournalistic story I have read in the New Mexican and I have read some bad ones. What happened to objectivity in the news? Until we hear Romero's side of the story I don't think I am going to buy the "just left church on the way for baby food" story provided by the man who was using vulgarities and cutting off young drivers. Congratulations for writing yet another story for paper sales and not facts.
What

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Great wrote:
LOCALS!!!! Now where are the Mexican Haters???? Seeeeeeeeeeeee, it's the LOCAL people too!!!!
Read yesterdays front page of the ABQ Journal for a great story about a Mexican who tried to have his unborn baby aborted by beating his pregnant girlfriend. Oh, and the interesting thing about the story is that he is an illegal from Mexico AND that he has been arrested 35 times. While you are at it, look at another article in the Journal on Saturday that states that Mexico's biggest import tot he U.S. is crime. Not oil, not labor, but crime.
OBANOS

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

This Kid has so much life ahead of him at 22 Lets pray that he learns from this incident and the judge gives him a second chance to rehabilitate himself. After all im sure this Kid also has a caring father and mother.
Just a thought

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Chorus wrote:
Catholic Mass, Wal*Mart and Violence: the Holy Trinity of our times.
And one would think that having just left Mass, he would have reacted more Christ-like. Funniest thing I ever heard was a story someone told me about the constant road rage in a parking lot of one of the largest Evangelical churches in Phoenix. So, I'm guessing that going to church isn't really helping anyone!
SF Kid

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

I'm guessing there was a some sort of a disconnect between his receiving communion and deciding to spit on a guy who's holding a gun on him and his young family?!!
Chris

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text>
Read yesterdays front page of the ABQ Journal for a great story about a Mexican who tried to have his unborn baby aborted by beating his pregnant girlfriend. Oh, and the interesting thing about the story is that he is an illegal from Mexico AND that he has been arrested 35 times. While you are at it, look at another article in the Journal on Saturday that states that Mexico's biggest import tot he U.S. is crime. Not oil, not labor, but crime.
I agree with you!
sabine 87501

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

OBANOS wrote:
This Kid has so much life ahead of him at 22 Lets pray that he learns from this incident and the judge gives him a second chance to rehabilitate himself. After all im sure this Kid also has a caring father and mother.
Let's hope the judge locks him up for as long as the law allows. The "kid" may have life ahead of him but he has no brains, no common sense, and no regard for others. I'm figuring you're kidding and this is mocking those "he's a good boy" posts, but just thought I'd cover both bases. cheers
sabine 87501

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Disappointed local wrote:
This is the most unjournalistic story I have read in the New Mexican and I have read some bad ones. What happened to objectivity in the news? Until we hear Romero's side of the story I don't think I am going to buy the "just left church on the way for baby food" story provided by the man who was using vulgarities and cutting off young drivers. Congratulations for writing yet another story for paper sales and not facts.
The man's side of the story is printed "self defense". As is the charge: road rage shooting. As is the caliber of the weapon..45 lugar. A young man with a temper, no brains, and a .45 are a bad combination.
This town is

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

This town is full of some punk **** losers. I am sick of seeing them, and sick of reading about them in the paper every single day.

Nothing but unemployed punks who 'cruise' around ALL DAY harassing anybody that crosses them. Their girlfriends and momma's worship the ground they walk on and they think they are invincible.

Punks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of119
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Search the The Santa Fe New Mexican Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Jul 13 Ken 2,199
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) Jul 10 MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun 30 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun '14 Just A random guy 5
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '14 swedenforever 11
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Apr '14 Lynne Loss 8
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar '14 Billie 3
•••

Santa Fe Conditions

(updated 10 min ago)

Weather
Sunny 78°F
Hi: 87°F
Lo: 61°F
Feels like: 78°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »