Pojoaque's Sopaipilla Factory beats odds

Pojoaque's Sopaipilla Factory beats odds

There are 63 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Mar 29, 2009, titled Pojoaque's Sopaipilla Factory beats odds. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Wilfredo Najera makes sopaipillas Tuesday at the Sopaipilla Factory in Pojoaque.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Uhhh

Las Vegas, NM

#42 Apr 2, 2009
Valley Resident wrote:
My husband and I went to this restaurant when they first opened and were very un-impressed. My husbands' so called "homemade" lasanga was still frozen in the center. When we brought it to ours waiters' attention, my husband was told that because he ate almost 1/2 of it, we had to pay for it.
But that was more than a year ago and hopefully things have improved. After reading all the rave reviews, maybe we should give them another chance.
Uhhh...I don't think the Sopaipilla Factory serves Lasagna. You must be thinking/talking about another restaurant...
Willie

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Apr 2, 2009
Mmmm... luv the stuff!
Too bad they don't have it around here.
Jarra Weezy

Santa Fe, NM

#44 Apr 2, 2009
Valley Resident wrote:
My husband and I went to this restaurant when they first opened and were very un-impressed. My husbands' so called "homemade" lasanga was still frozen in the center. When we brought it to ours waiters' attention, my husband was told that because he ate almost 1/2 of it, we had to pay for it.
But that was more than a year ago and hopefully things have improved. After reading all the rave reviews, maybe we should give them another chance.
Hey moran lasanga at a mexican/spanish place??? C'mon get your facts straight!!!!
We make

Santa Fe, NM

#45 Apr 2, 2009
Jarra Weezy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moran lasanga at a mexican/spanish place??? C'mon get your facts straight!!!!
a mexican style lasagna at our house - don't know if they do at this restaurant.

PC Chavez

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Since: Sep 08

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

#46 Apr 2, 2009
What's the recipe for Mexican Lasagna, please. Thanks.
In Santa fe

Los Alamos, NM

#47 Apr 2, 2009
PC Chavez wrote:
What's the recipe for Mexican Lasagna, please. Thanks.
Its called an Enchilada caserole!!!
MGarcia

Portland, OR

#48 Apr 2, 2009
Please stay open until we can come eat at your place. My mouth is watering for some down home NM cooking.
David

United States

#49 Apr 3, 2009
Okay, forget North Carolina. Come to Richmond, Virginia. I'll help you find a location. Nobody here knows NW food, and I'm dying slowly.
LTG

Los Alamos, NM

#50 Apr 3, 2009
Just a thought: Funny how the statement made, "I was born naked, so what is there to lose by trying?" is lots funnier said in Spanish. Changing the language of a Spanish quote or joke takes all the humor intended. Aside from that, I've been to this restaurant myself... and it is Mmmmm-delicious. Two-Thumbs up guys!!! Keep up the good work.
Lucas -age 10

Lincoln, NE

#51 Apr 4, 2009
The La Tampiquena is to die for. If you love steak and enchiladas you will love this. Sopaipilla Factory is my favorite restaruant!
DR-Canjilon NM

Lincoln, NE

#52 Apr 4, 2009
We stop to eat here every time we pass through Pojoaque. There food is delicious with generous portions, the restaurant is clean and the service is excellent. I recommend the frozen sangria margaritas and a shrimp cocktail as a starter. Anything off the menu is absolutely delicious.
Marcos Martinez

Caballo, NM

#53 Apr 11, 2009
It is so good, i reccomend the Stuffed Sopapilla! With ground beef!
Sarah Beth age-10

Caballo, NM

#54 Apr 11, 2009
I LOVE THE SOPAIPILLA FACTORY I LOVE THE SOPAIPLLAS! I reccomend to eat the fried ice cream it is the best to eat after taking a long jog!! i eat there all the time with my family. i beg my mom to stop there when we pass through Pojaque! LOVE THE SOPAIPILLA FACTORY!!!!!!!!!!
Hope

Algodones, NM

#55 Apr 11, 2009
...this one stays alive. With all the great comments it looks like it will. It's getting to be that the only average priced restaurants in SF in existence anymore are the chains like Outback and that one in the mall parking lot. Yuck to both. Late Nite Burger has unfortunately shut it's doors.
Reality

Sanger, CA

#56 Apr 15, 2009
Sorry that I didn't see this earlier. Yes, this is a great restaurant and the Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is outstanding. Plus I eat their Special whenever they have one -- it is always outstanding.

Jorge and Felipe are two great guys with wonderful families == a true All-American success story of two guys who came here from Mexico.
Les Gard

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#57 Apr 16, 2009
Way to go! Do it. Just do it. And good luck...Les
gerry Freeman

Montague, Canada

#58 Aug 3, 2009
Sweet service...tasty food...splendid chile rellenos....awesome frozen margaritas....who could ask for anything more? PS..The price is right...
Rebecca and Steve

Los Alamos, NM

#59 Aug 17, 2009
The Sopaipilla Factory is one of our local favorite restaurants. The food is wonderful!! We've never had a meal we didn't enjoy!!! It is not on the menu, but try the green chili, cheese, & shrimp enchilada plate, its great!!!!
DeereChick

El Rito, NM

#60 Mar 16, 2010
Valley Resident wrote:
Lasanga??? I haven't seen that in the menu... Last I heard that they serve Northern New Mexican cuisine. You dimwit
success

Albuquerque, NM

#61 Apr 2, 2011
It's been a while since they opened the Sopaipilla Factory Restaurant and nothing has changed...Well the food gets better and better with more effort..the service has not changed..it is still the best and you cannot find any other restaurant like this. Jorge puts so much love and is determined to make every ones visit a success...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wind energy sweeps plains; course correction in... (Jan '09) 10 hr bpayne37 20
News Former astronaut scoffs at global warming (Feb '09) Jul 1 Into The Night 2,406
News Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) Jun 29 Goldman Sachs 17
News Snow Trax: Ski season wraps up (Mar '09) Jun '16 MarieCornwall 13
News 'Double dippers' fought legislation (May '09) Apr '16 concerned citizen 56
News Immigrant children to arrive at Holloman on Sunday (Jan '16) Feb '16 Sick of race card 52
News Ernestine Hagman (Dec '09) Feb '16 jeremy ortiz 2
More from around the web