Pojoaque's Sopaipilla Factory beats odds

Photo: Wilfredo Najera makes sopaipillas Tuesday at the Sopaipilla Factory in Pojoaque. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Los locals

Los Alamos, NM

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Ever since we lost Lotta Borger pojoaque hasnt had a good place to eat dinner. finally!! Thank you Sopapilla Factory yeahh. oh yeah Try their burgers mmmmm
Chimayo Locals

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Mar 30, 2009
We kinda discovered the place by accident. After the first taste of their Chile and their "Punch" margarita we were hooked! This is probably the most consistent restaurant I've been to in New Mexico! It's also probably 1 of 3 restaurants in the State that can make a proper Sopaipilla. Two Thumbs up Sopaipilla Factory!!!
Food=Excellent
Service=Excellent
Margaritas=Excelente!!!
Dan Miller

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2009
They must be doing well, went to try it out Sunday for lunch and they were closed.
Esperanza Chavez

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Like many places, they close on Sunday, big deal. I eat there at least twice a week, very good food, I liked Piccolinos too, but this new place is musch better. The only thing they don't do well is tamales, they are not traditional Nortenos, but they taste OK, just not like Mammma used to make. Green Chile Cheeseburger is also very good, just not as good as El Parasol.
Marne Zafar

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 30, 2009
This is fabulous news ... finally a restaurant that can compare with "The Frybread House" (owned by the Tohono O’oadham in Phoenix (a regular spot for me when visiting my dad).
I have a really big smile on my face just thinking about the food.

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Since: Sep 08

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

#6 Mar 30, 2009
Bravo! Good for these guys. They took a risk, cared about the customer, took suggestions from the customer, and it worked.

In these hard times, good for them. They worked hard.
chatterbox87501

Los Alamos, NM

#7 Mar 30, 2009
PC Chavez wrote:
Bravo! Good for these guys. They took a risk, cared about the customer, took suggestions from the customer, and it worked.
I'm just going to have to try them.

If they have good Indian Tacos, Frybread burgers, well, they are on the way home.
Way to go Jorge

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Mar 30, 2009
I have known Jorge Antuna for a number of years, he is a wonderful guy! GOOD LUCK to you Jorge, you deserve it!!!
Los locals

Los Alamos, NM

#9 Mar 30, 2009
chatterbox87501 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just going to have to try them.
If they have good Indian Tacos, Frybread burgers, well, they are on the way home.
They do not have fry bread or navajo tacos only sopapillas.
close

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Mar 30, 2009
Los locals wrote:
<quoted text>
They do not have fry bread or navajo tacos only sopapillas.
enough
Come to Maine

Waterville, ME

#11 Mar 30, 2009
We're on the East Coast. You could be the FIRST even halfway decent restaurant of your kind in the entire history of the state! Please! And I'm not only saying this because I have a date at a "Mexican" restaurant tonight and good manners are the ONLY thing standing between me and a smuggled-in jar of green chile.
What does North Carolina have besides lots more people, good weather, cities....oh....never mind.
puro norte

Abiquiu, NM

#12 Mar 30, 2009
does any one know what their hours and days of the week are?? I'd like to try them!!
Nancy R in KC

Kansas City, MO

#13 Mar 30, 2009
PC Chavez wrote:
Amazing what can happen when you understand that the customer is not always right, but they're never wrong.

I'll be sure to drop in this fall. They're right down the road from where I'll be staying.
Like It

Riverside, CA

#14 Mar 30, 2009
Great place to eat. It's not stuffy (like a lot of Santa Fe restaurants). Sometimes Tomasitas acts like they're doing you a favor by letting you in the door - or overcrowded (yet).

TRY THE SHRIMP COCKTAIL - IT'S TO DIE FOR!!
george

Meadville, PA

#15 Mar 30, 2009
can some one plz post the hr of operation........

do they serve breakfast?

are they price-y?

vamos a ver

c u there

Since: Dec 08

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Mar 30, 2009
Great story! I love it when our locals do well. My mouth was watering just reading all the comments.

Does anyone know if it's wheelchair accessible? I'd sure like to try it.
CBKay

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Mar 30, 2009
Where exactly is it located?
Like It

Riverside, CA

#18 Mar 30, 2009
It seems like they're open every day/evening for lunch/dinner except Sundays. Not sure about breakfast though.
They seem to be wheelchair accessible with handicap spaces and ramps on both sides of the entrance.
It is not pricey. An appetizer is around $5 at the most. Meals are around $7-$8, maybe more for dinner? These are ball-park figures, though, don't quote me on that..hahaha.
If you're driving in from Santa Fe, make a left at the second stoplight, which is Gutierrez street. It is situated right behind the Wells Fargo
Bank - Seven W Gutierrez. Phone number is four five five two eight five five.(I can't post the actual number)
Hope that helps you all! See you there :)
Kathy Wisdom

Houston, TX

#19 Mar 30, 2009
Loved the food when we were there during the Christmas holidays. Sure with you would open one in Houston!
Way to go Jorge

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Mar 30, 2009
Like It wrote:
It seems like they're open every day/evening for lunch/dinner except Sundays. Not sure about breakfast though.
They seem to be wheelchair accessible with handicap spaces and ramps on both sides of the entrance.
It is not pricey. An appetizer is around $5 at the most. Meals are around $7-$8, maybe more for dinner? These are ball-park figures, though, don't quote me on that..hahaha.
If you're driving in from Santa Fe, make a left at the second stoplight, which is Gutierrez street. It is situated right behind the Wells Fargo
Bank - Seven W Gutierrez. Phone number is four five five two eight five five.(I can't post the actual number)
Hope that helps you all! See you there :)
Last time I went there from Santa Fe it was on the RIGHT side of the road, did they move?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Ray Ortiz committed to improving S.F (Jan '09) Nov 22 GEORGIA 9
Lawsuit against S.F. bicycle shop sees delays (May '09) Nov 4 Felicity 16
Otero County rejects spaceport tax (Nov '08) Nov 2 skidmark 19
Tiny Town's final days (Jul '09) Nov 1 donbga 3
'I'm glad it's over': Family, friends welcome c... (Oct '08) Oct '14 Your Family 31
Rodella eyes Rio Arriba sheriff's job (Apr '09) Sep '14 Darian Valdevia 30
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Aug '14 Lynne Loss 10

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE