Killer gets 30 years summer slaying

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

Photo: John La Bombard Sr. pats his son, John La Bombard, on the shoulder Tuesday during the younger mana TMs sentencing in District Court.
Comments
1 - 20 of 69 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Uptown

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Rest in peace Frankie, and although I wish his sentence were more severe, I am so glad that your killer will be behind bars for a long time. Prayers for peace to the Segura family.
Retta

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

I don't know the family although I must say I have followed the story. It is very very sad that a life was taken but justice has prevailed finally! It is a shame that something like this will have such am impact on so many people especially the children. I hope they get counseling.
Recovering Santa Fean

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Drug addiction ruins peoples lives.
bella tapia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

"Not the bad person described in court by members of Frank Segura's family!? He is the Scum of the Earth making cockroaches look like butterflies in comparison. Rot in Jail Mr. good soldier
Honestly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

bella tapia wrote:
"Not the bad person described in court by members of Frank Segura's family!? He is the Scum of the Earth making cockroaches look like butterflies in comparison. Rot in Jail Mr. good soldier
You took the words right out from under me. I suppose Charles Manson was a good person, somewhere, somehow but it never mattered to Sharon Tate or the La Bianca's.
scott cornett

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

agreed
Doinky

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Oh, you can blow someone's head off and you are "not a bad person?"

Wow. Whole family is on crack. But they'll have their hands full taking care of his kids while he sits in jail like the Good Good Boy that he is.
Me myself

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

John La Bombard Jr. is nothing more than a coward! A good soldier??? I don't think so
Mr. La Bombard Sr.
chatterbox87501

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

If one is facing life in prison, no matter what they plea, why not gamble and plead not guilty.

From what I've heard about juries in Santa Fe, it's a good gamble.
Too Bad

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

This scum bag deserves the Death Penalty. Too Bad that newley elected DA took it off the table, and too bad that Gov. Kickback Richardson signed that stupid bill abolishing the Death Penalty.

Any parent is going to stick up for their child no matter what they do. This is the reason for the father saying his son was a good person. I don't buy it one bit.

Hope this guy rots in Prison. Too bad it can't be for the rest of his life. 30 years he'll be an old man, still capable of wrong doing.

That's justice for you.
Honestly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

LaBombard wrote:
Wow..we're going to talk about how Frank's such a great Dad...hmmmm is that why is own children have a restraining order on him? Its okay for him to bite woman all over their bodies and kick their teeth in? The police didn't protect her!! She had to call someone who would protect her. Looks like the police failed to protect this young lady and failed to protect Frank since he was their RAT!!!!
Bella Tapia-You have no room to talk when you have a worthless son who has dealt drugs and has beat several women...numerous restraining orders. What's worse? Beating and killing a man or verbally and physically abusing woman that have to deal with what your son has done to them everyday? YOU ROT in your home knowing what a failure of a mother you are!
I would have to say that killing a man execution style is just a "little bit worse" than verbally and physically abusing someone. Time for a reality check homes.
SFX-Advisor Extraordinare

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

A father's love for his children is unending... John Sr... Keep the love strong in your heart, no matter the circumstances. Love is enduring...
lkoski

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

My condolences to the Segura family. I too wish the death penalty was still on the table. My daughter was killed the same way, two bullets to the head. Her killer still breathes, in prison. Segura family, stay strong.
Marie Garcia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Our children can do no harm, so... some parents think. They (son's/daughter's) have halo's and wings.
However, the truth of the matter is simply this we're too deep in the forrest to see the tree's.
My son/daughter? Never! It's not true, I don't believe it.
bella tapia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

John Sr Happy Father's Day father of the year!! and by the way two wrongs still dont make one right.
Santa Fe 1963

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Here is my take on the story - Frank did not under any circumstances deserve to die, especially execution style; yes he did some dumb, stupid things and he knew that but his punishment should not have been death by execution. I am a parent and yes I too think that no matter what our children do, we will love them and support them, after all what kind of a parent are we if we turn our backs on our own flesh and blood, however I
think LaBombard is a coward for doing what he did. Maybe at one time he was a "good soldier" but not anymore, he has disgraced the armed forces by committing murder. I hope that Frank is resting in peace with his little brother Justin and I do hope that My prayers go out to Lil and all of the Segura family, I pray that you all find strength to move forward. As for the girlfriend that was supposedly beaten by Frank, I hope you understand what a horrible thing you have done, and I hope that the Lord can forgive for your part in Frank' death. Mr. LaBombard Sr., I know you love your son and I hope that your grandchildren will grow up knowing that what their father did was WRONG and I hope they learn a valuable lesson from this. Peace and prayers to all who have suffered from this horrific crime, especially Frank.
La Madre

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

They were such good boys, all of them.
Linda

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

you can't believe everything you read in the papers. What LaBombard did was wrong. His family, however, is looking at what he did with clear eyes. Segura's family, however, is painting him out to be a saint. I'm not saying he deserved to die, I'm saying the road he was on it was inevitable that he would've ended up in prison or dead. He knew what his decisions would cost him and he chose to "help the police with the drug scene", because he would rather do that than face life in jail for his own drug trafficking and rape charges.
By the way, why isn't anyone saying anything about his accomplice only getting charged with 2nd degree murder and only facing a few years in jail?
Linda

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

bella tapia wrote:
John Sr Happy Father's Day father of the year!! and by the way two wrongs still dont make one right.
Why are you so bitter?
Good job

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Nice to see the new DA is collaring these criminals (its a welcome change). Good job Spence and Coleur.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Search the The Santa Fe New Mexican Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Jul 13 Ken 2,199
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) Jul 10 MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun 30 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun '14 Just A random guy 5
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '14 swedenforever 11
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Apr '14 Lynne Loss 8
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar '14 Billie 3
•••

Santa Fe Conditions

(updated 59 min ago)

Weather
Clear 66°F
Hi: 89°F
Lo: 61°F
Feels like: 67°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »