Brave Barela: St. Michael's junior ov...

Brave Barela: St. Michael's junior overcomes pressure to secure Horsemen's state title

There are 2 comments on the Santa Fe New Mexican story from Mar 20, 2012, titled Brave Barela: St. Michael's junior overcomes pressure to secure Horsemen's state title. In it, Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

St. Michael's Matt Barela shoots in the fourth quarter of the state championship game against Hope Christian on March 10 in The Pit in Albuquerque.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Fe New Mexican.

Jr Polanco

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Mar 26, 2012
The NMAA should be embarrassed for allowing that game to go down as it did. They cost a team a state champion ship and the players a memory they will have to live with for the rest of their lives. We entrust referee's to be fair!! not decide the game winner as they did.
Anonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Don't forget to give credit where it's due. Matt Barela stepped up when his team needed it. Maybe there was a bad call but give him the credit that he was able to step up and make those free throws for the win. Could you do that under all that pressure? I'm sick of hearing all about the refs when people should be praising this kid that he could overcome that pressure as a junior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man once cleared of murder back in prison (Jun '09) 18 hr Joe McGillicuddy 55
News V-8 trike is one beauty of a beast (Jul '09) Aug 30 Bikers sux 3
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Aug 13 tamara 2,212
News Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Aug 11 Kzp 12
News Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) Jun '15 Texas Alamosis 13
News Growing up Spanglish (Feb '10) Apr '15 Don Gregorio Enri... 2
News Living with voices: S.F. man copes with schizop... (Dec '08) Feb '15 LucitaAranda 34
More from around the web