No title

There are 6 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Oct 10, 2009, titled No title. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Grace Eaglefeather, left, and Claire Wheeler, both 6, wander around the patch with pumpkin-colored lollipops Saturday during the Pumpkin Festival at the Santa Fe Horse Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Eideard

Huntsville, AL

#1 Oct 11, 2009
Has to be one of the oldest choppers in captivity in NM.:-]

But, we wave to the folks inside whenever we see it coming down the valley.
Ugh

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Oct 11, 2009
Took my kids to this yesterday. What a ripoff. Totally sucks.$5 per adult to get in and EVERYTHING costs money. Every single ride, the moonbounce, everything. Not even a place to sit down. No shade.

The only nice thing was the helicopter pilot and his beautiful aircraft.$50 for a 5 minute ride though.

We're going to Moriarty to McCall's next. That is worthwhile.
Harry Gomez

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Oct 11, 2009
Ugh wrote:
Took my kids to this yesterday. What a ripoff. Totally sucks.$5 per adult to get in and EVERYTHING costs money. Every single ride, the moonbounce, everything. Not even a place to sit down. No shade. The only nice thing was the helicopter pilot and his beautiful aircraft.$50 for a 5 minute ride though.
We're going to Moriarty to McCall's next. That is worthwhile.
By the way, did you notice where the owner of this Polo Ground was hanging around? Isn't this the same person that everyone is talking about scamming the city and the county over the use of fresh potable water to feed his horses without paying for it? This is the same owner who in the past continues to ram rod the business community with taking and taking and without paying his fair share in a honest way. Look him up in the news and see for yourself on what type of pumpkin this owner is really about? It is a miracle that he even attempts to play a positive role like if he is giving something back in a positive way by inviting the community for a pumpkin patch celebration - B.S. Yeah, I think he's full of it and the santa fe community knows it.
patking01

Mesa, AZ

#4 Oct 11, 2009
We had the plesure of being at the pumpkin festival last Saturday to see Michael Franti. The problems were that not enough restrooms for all the people that were there. People had to stand in line for 35 to 45 minutes to use the bathroom. The holes were so full it was pretty nasty, anyway if they ever do something like that again they need to have better organization for the crowd they will be serving.

“Ideologically opposed to art”

Since: Apr 09

Santa Fe

#5 Oct 12, 2009
I tried to go the first day, Saturday and was turned away. Seems that it was not really the pumpkin Festival but rather a concert costing $40 (plus $5 to park). I think it was intentional false advertising to drum up attendees, because this Horse Park owner has a long history of mercenary activity. I am surprised Hutton Broadcasting threw themselves into it so heartily.
WatchfulNewMexic an

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Oct 13, 2009
I didn't see the name of the promoter in the article....who's festival was this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News El Paso Electric moves to withdraw solar farm plan Sep 16 Solarman 1
News Johnson admits Libertarian bid to unseat Heinri... Sep 1 CallousOneToo 3
News Santa Fe jury awards $73.2M in delivery that le... Aug 26 Smelly_Kat 5
News Prosecutors: Detective falsely reported child r... Aug 25 John 3
News Weeping' Virgin Mary statue in Hobbs under inve... Aug '18 David 12
News PRC asked to end fee charged to Eastern New Mex... Aug '18 Solarman 1
News Members of Congress free to work on boards of c... Aug '18 Lawrence Wolf 21