New software to aid in keeping Navajo...

New software to aid in keeping Navajo language alive

There are 4 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Aug 25, 2010, titled New software to aid in keeping Navajo language alive. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

FARMINGTON a ' A group of linguists, editors and native speakers are starting a yearlong project to develop the first software system to teach the Navajo language.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

kay

Glendale, AZ

#1 Aug 25, 2010
I am a Navajo and I talk Navajo but I am not flunt at it so I think this is a good idea. I know that the Japan people will probably learn our language now. I hope that some of the money that is made will belief the Navajo's in some way especially our youth where the help is needed meaning more programs for higher education for each of our bright students also second chances for our youth that are trying to turn their life around because of drugs and alcohol. I hope that I see some kinda of result through this program. I hope greed does not consume it.. Thank You so much for this program.
On The Mountain

Durango, CO

#2 Aug 26, 2010
I hope that there will be a way for the general public to obtain the program - does anyone know if there is a mechanism for that?
kay

Glendale, AZ

#3 Aug 26, 2010
kay wrote:
I am a Navajo and I talk Navajo but I am not flunt at it so I think this is a good idea. I know that the Japan people will probably learn our language now. I hope that some of the money that is made will belief the Navajo's in some way especially our youth where the help is needed meaning more programs for higher education for each of our bright students also second chances for our youth that are trying to turn their life around because of drugs and alcohol. I hope that I see some kinda of result through this program. I hope greed does not consume it.. Thank You so much for this program.
Excuse me for misspelling fluent and instead of saying Japanese I put down Japan..I was in a rush yesterday n I did not proof read my blog ok
kay

Glendale, AZ

#4 Aug 27, 2010
On The Mountain wrote:
I hope that there will be a way for the general public to obtain the program - does anyone know if there is a mechanism for that?
I am sure the public will obtain it soon so i would just suggest that you be patient with it because this is a new deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Thu Jdesharnais 43
News Trump questions motive of states not turning ov... Wed WasteWater 1
News Jimmy Carter dehydrates while building houses i... Jul 16 Jimmy a Rubby-Dub 1
News Prison lawsuit plaintiff Dwight Duran dies at 68 (May '09) Jul 7 Elvisfuckinchrist 7
News New Education chief seeks modern solutions Jun 26 Rachel 4
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Jun '17 Me too 2,222
News Muslim group wants probe into New Mexico Quran ... Mar '17 kennedy_christian 1
More from around the web