Growing Up Spanglish: Grampo talks ab...

Growing Up Spanglish: Grampo talks about love over the 'Toma y ...

There are 1 comment on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Feb 22, 2010, titled Growing Up Spanglish: Grampo talks about love over the 'Toma y .... In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Era in the middle of February cuando Canutito and his grampo were outside the casa chopping wood by la pila de leA a. "Oiga grampo," began the little boy, "what kind of leA a do you want to chop today? A Quiere ocote or cedro or maybe even piA A3n wood?" "Ay m'hijo," said his grandfather to him, "posiblemente cedro pero no piA A3n or ocote.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

VERO

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Feb 24, 2010
Such a wonderful story brings back mememories of my child hood with abuelito and his stories also speaking in spanglish. Thank you for the memories

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Time to settle immigration debate, once and for... 2 min tomin cali 1
News Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jul 20 Jdesharnais 43
News Trump questions motive of states not turning ov... Jul 19 WasteWater 1
News Jimmy Carter dehydrates while building houses i... Jul 16 Jimmy a Rubby-Dub 1
News Prison lawsuit plaintiff Dwight Duran dies at 68 (May '09) Jul 7 Elvisfuckinchrist 7
News New Education chief seeks modern solutions Jun 26 Rachel 4
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Jun '17 Me too 2,222
More from around the web