Santa Fe man dies in rollover accident

Santa Fe man dies in rollover accident

There are 28 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Jan 24, 2009, titled Santa Fe man dies in rollover accident. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Chad Winters, a volunteer for the Turquoise Trail Wranglers 4-H Club, died Saturday from injuries he sustained in a rollover accident Friday in Lone Butte.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PaigePaul

Portola, CA

#21 Jan 27, 2009
R.I.P Chad winters you will always be in our hearts, thoughts and prayers... Chad was an amazing guy and the best of the best storie tellers. He was a man you could always count on. A person that always had a smile and standed up for what he thought... Chad touched many heart and I feel blessed to have known him. So If you new Chad you know what I am talking about. Please keep his family and friends in your hearts and prayers.You where loved and always well be Chad, so go on with your bad self...
Forever and always your friends.XOXOXOX
Winters family my heart goes out to you.. God bless you.WRANGLER FOR LIFE!
Jonathan Tercero - s

Santa Fe, NM

#22 Jan 27, 2009
I just returned from the Memorial Services for Chad and I am so touched and happy that I went. From walking in the door, you could feel the overwhelming presence of love and care. I was encouraged by the strength of the Winter's family and comforted by all those that made their way to the service to show there support, pay their respects, and say good buy to a man I could only dream to be as good as. It is typically cliche to say "a person always brought a smile to your face", or "a person was always there for you if you needed him", but that is exactly who Chad was. He clearly touched the lives of so many in such a short span of time, and I am blessed and grateful to have spent my high school years with him. I remember that he loved playing basketball (#15 & #24 after we got the new uniforms), he loved talking about big diesel trucks and harley davidsons with Nicole "pigeon" Quintana, loved hunting, loved Wranglers and boots and hats (i never understood that), he loved his parents, and Brani... He loved you so much. I have never seen an older brother treat his younger sister with such respect and care. Even though I lost touch with him after high school, i still consider him a great friend! I will miss him.
I love you Chad.
I miss you.
I will see you again!
Irene M

Westcliffe, CO

#23 Jan 28, 2009
Wayne, Elena, and Brandi: I am so sorry about Chad! I am very shocked. God bless you! Love, Irene
Sandy Martinez

Denver, CO

#24 Jan 28, 2009
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I never had the priveledge of knowing him, but always heard about what good kids you two had. Know you'll see him and embrace him again! You'll be in our prayers.

Sandy
Bayleigh Reno

Rio Rancho, NM

#25 Jan 31, 2009
Chad was my buddy for along time. Chad gave me and my mom a puppy
we named her Dakota. MR. Mrs. Winters We will all miss Chad and he
was a nice man I loved him so much.
Love
Bayleigh
yeah yeah yeah

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Feb 1, 2009
I never met the man. I can tell by the responses that he was loved by many. he was a man who truly lived his life. he did more than just get up and get the job done, he interacted with others and made a differance to them, immediatly, not later, and not silently thruogh prayer. he was a grreat man of action. we should all be more like this glowing example of god's will in a life. my condolences to the family,but rest easy knowing he effected others with his life.
Friend

United States

#27 Feb 1, 2009
My daughter adored him!
Bayleigh

Alamogordo, NM

#28 Jan 16, 2014
Chad was a wonderful man. He could put a smile on anyone's face. I don't remember any bad memory that I have with him. There is not a day that I don't thank God for bringing such a wonderful man into my life. I knew Chad not only as my mom's boyfriend but I knew him as a dad I never had. It's been 5 years but I remember him like it was yesterday. I have a lot if good memories with him and my mom. I will miss and love Chad forever. He taught me a lot about myself and others. God bless Wayne and Elena

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Growing up Spanglish (Feb '10) Apr '15 Don Gregorio Enri... 2
News Living with voices: S.F. man copes with schizop... (Dec '08) Feb '15 LucitaAranda 34
News Beaver Toyota relocation plan hits annex snag (Nov '08) Feb '15 Hoka Huste 50
News Pro-choice stance a deal breaker for these Demo... (Oct '08) Jan '15 apodacamel 15
News Small-scale room design tips (Apr '09) Jan '15 Pavlos Lombardi 2
News Santa Fe Horse Park co-owner to lose home to fo... (Feb '09) Jan '15 sharonk 16
News Snow Trax: Ski season wraps up (Mar '09) Dec '14 Paul Szeman 12
More from around the web