Santa Fe man dies in rollover accident

Santa Fe man dies in rollover accident

There are 29 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Jan 24, 2009, titled Santa Fe man dies in rollover accident. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Chad Winters, a volunteer for the Turquoise Trail Wranglers 4-H Club, died Saturday from injuries he sustained in a rollover accident Friday in Lone Butte.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jonathan Tercero

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Jan 24, 2009
Chad was a great friend! I will truly miss him. My deepest sympathies go to the Winter Family. Brandi... im so sorry!
DocMo

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jan 25, 2009
What a tragedy...only 2 miles from home too. We have a son near his age, so this is especially hard to read about.
It sounds like Chad was a great guy... our sympathy and prayers go out to this young man's family in their time of sorrow.
PlacitasRoy

Florence, AL

#3 Jan 25, 2009
"...not wearing his seat belt when he rolled his Toyota Corolla " This is at least the 4th fatal accident in NM since Christmas in which the victim was not wearing their seat belt. What a shame. What a loss.
Listen_to_Meh

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jan 25, 2009
always wear seatbelt.
bob chilton

United States

#5 Jan 25, 2009
chad possessed the capacity to create happiness among those in his presence. his quick smile and good humor characterized his personality. he was a caring, honest and hard-working man who will be missed by all that knew him. god rest his soul!
Jellybean

Denver, CO

#6 Jan 25, 2009
I am so sorry to hear about this tradgedy. My deepest condolences.
Medford Family

Sandia Park, NM

#7 Jan 25, 2009
Your heartfelt sorrow goes out to the Winters family.
Chad was our friend for only a short five years, but in those five years was not only a friend, but our family. Chad was never afraid of hard work and never hesitated to lend a hand. He was a cheerful jokester, and a friend to all. We will miss you, Chadrick Son, as we called him. Guess God needed a good angel in Heaven.
Until we meet again,
Kelly, Jill, Kasi and Kellby Medford
Medford Family

Sandia Park, NM

#8 Jan 25, 2009
Your heartfelt sorrow goes out to the Winters family.
Chad was our friend for only a short five years, but in those five years was not only a friend, but our family. Chad was never afraid of hard work and never hesitated to lend a hand. He was a cheerful jokester, and a friend to all. We will miss you, Chadrick Son, as we called him. Guess God needed a good angel in Heaven. Until we meet again,
Kelly, Jill, Kasi and Kellby Medford
Martinez Family

United States

#9 Jan 25, 2009
Our deepest sympathy to the Winters family, our prayers go out to you and we hope you can find comfort in knowing that we love Chad like a brother
he always put a smile on my face and was such a pleasure to be around. I will miss you Chad and we know there is truth to what Kelly posted, God not only needed a good angel in Heaven he needed a helping hand and all of us who knew Chad knew that he would give you the shirt off his back and was always willing to help a friend in need.
GOD Bless you and your family in this very difficult time.
Anthony & Margaret Martinez
Varela Family

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jan 25, 2009
We were saddened to hear of Chad's passing away. He was such a great guy and friend to all. Our condolences go out to the Winter family.
Vaya con Dios mi amigo.
Sincerely,
Federico and Carmella
Julie

Henderson, NV

#11 Jan 25, 2009
How many times do you have to be told...WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!! Save yourself and save the ones you love.
The Richardson family

Rocky Ford, CO

#12 Jan 25, 2009
We are so sorry for you loss and want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. If we can help in any way on Wednesday, please let us know.
kellby medford

Westcliffe, CO

#13 Jan 25, 2009
Chad was not my family and he was not in my life very long... but he made a big impact on everything i do. I spent alot of time with him in the shop where he worked with my dad and he knew exactly how to chear everyone up. he knew when to kid around and when to get the work done. He was the man of all men. but he was also the kid who loved to play around. At least thats what i knew him as. God has a way of giving and taking. God gave us a short time with Chad and that will never be enough. I send my heart and sympathies to his family because I can't imagine the pain that they are feeling right now. So rest in peace my friend. You will always be in my heart and I will think of you each day. Rest in peace. You wont ever fade away. Rest in peace my friend, my brother, my family member, my Angel.
Vicki Mutz

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2009
This tragedy leaves such a hole in my heart as well as all who knew him. I worked with Chad for over 4 years and when he left us to go to El Paso it was a very sad day. He was always a bright spot in my day and I told him many times how much he was like my youngest son (who is also a prankster and a Dallas Cowboy fan). Chad, we will miss you so much.
May God Bless you and your family and friends and bring comfort to them knowing what a fine person and friend you have been to us all.
Scott Gaudet

Mount Laguna, CA

#15 Jan 26, 2009
Chad was a student of mine at Calvary Chapel Christian Academy in the 90's. A bright young man with a great sense of humor and a smile for everyone, he holds a dear place in my heart. The fact that he was involved in wrangling and horses and stuff is no surprise, since he always was a cowboy at heart...even less of a surprise is the fact that he was volunteering, because he exemplified the term "a cheerful giver". Chad has left his mark on many of us, and I, for one, will miss him greatly! Love to his family and friends- especially Brandy, who was also one of my favorites!
Danielle Karlson

United States

#16 Jan 26, 2009
I had not seen Chad since he was 20 years old we were friends for maybe 3 years, he was a great guy then, and I don't doubt a great guy later in life. Chad, you will be missed by many. We all love you. My thoughts go out to the Winter's family as well as his friend's whom I know he loved very much.
Beanna Chavez

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jan 26, 2009
Chad was my best friend for over ten years. He was my hero and always will be. He was such a great person i named my son after him and i hope one day my son will be as good as a guy that chad was.He did so much for me and my son and never thought twice about it. He would have done anything for anybody if you just asked. I know that he will always be watching over my son little chad.We love you so much big chad but you knew that.

Beanna and little chad
Stone Family

Roseville, CA

#18 Jan 26, 2009
May God heal your hearts and may the wonderful memories of a great guy bring joy to your life.
Levi Jessie and Lori

Animas, NM

#19 Jan 26, 2009
Its amazing how many lives that one person can have such a tremendous impact on. Chad was absolutly one of those special people. He knew no stranger and always offered his help to anyone that may be in need. The most important things in his life were his family (that loved him more then anyone can put words to)and his friends. He had bunches and bunches of aquantances,that he cared for deeply. However the handful of true friends that new the "real" Chad are the lucky ones. We shared so many special moments that will remain in our hearts forver. I could go on for hours telling stories of our time together. I just want to say to Wayne, Elana and Brandy we love and wish you peace in knowing that whatever god has planned for Chad that he will get it done with the utmost intergrity and detication that he showed with everything that he has done. Always know he is smiling that pretty smile down on us now. With all of our love
Levi,Jessie and Lori
Desiree

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Jan 27, 2009
I just got a phone call this morning with the devastating news about Chad. My heart goes out to his mom Elena,his sister Brandi,and his father Wayne. His family loves him so much and I know that they were so very close. He is the perfect example of a very well mannered man who had a very strong presence and treated everybody kindly. I'm so happy to have had the chance to know this person. He made everybody blush.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Dreamers' left in limbo as Senate rejects immi... Sun spud 15
News 'I'm glad it's over': Family, friends welcome c... (Oct '08) Feb 13 Moving on 33
News Spaceport secrecy bill clears New Mexico Senate... Feb 1 Tinman 4
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... Jan 21 Laura 9
News Pojoaque Bible Church moves to SPMDTU Hall (May '09) Jan '18 Living by grace 3
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan '18 Archaeonaut 1
News New Mexico's population growth slows to crawl Jan '18 Tinman 2
More from around the web