Beaver Toyota relocation plan hits an...

Beaver Toyota relocation plan hits annex snag

There are 50 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Nov 21, 2008, titled Beaver Toyota relocation plan hits annex snag. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

The owners of Beaver Toyota want to move the car dealership from St. Michael's Drive to a larger location on the southwestern edge of Santa Fe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Well

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Feb 17, 2009
....let's see now. The Los Soleras subdivision was recently approved in the same area. Does the commission really think that there will be more traffic going in and out of Beaver than there will going in and out of a subdivision? Did Beaver just not "ante" up?
Albuquerque Buyer

Santa Fe, NM

#27 Feb 17, 2009
Peskime wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Matt,
I am one of those disgruntled customers who will not go back to Beaver Toyota. I love my 2010 Prius, which I purchased in Albuquerque, even though I am a 20 year Santa Fe resident. Oh by the way, I did speak to you on the phone about my problem and you blew me off. Nice customer service.
Wow. A 20 year old buying a new Prius. Good for you man! At twenty I didn't have the gumption to go car shopping for something nice. I'm sure your friends and family are proud of you.

And for you Matt, you gotta' realize that 20 year olds all the way to 80 years olds have made the effort to shop at your organization, however, we were dumped on. When do the corporate suites come to Santa Fe to visit with you and Linda? How bout you invite the community and give the suites the truth about the customer service, or lack there of. Or man up and post the corporate address and telephone number where we can complain about the dismal customer service. Better yet, why donesn't Bever Toyota offer a free shuttle to and from American and Karl Malone Toyota in Albuquerque. Save yourself the grief of being lamblasted in your own community. The Beavers should have a vocation that they are good at...say, vacation planner. Linda comes from Florida once a month. That would be enough experience to write a book about vacation planning.
Iconoclast

AOL

#28 Feb 18, 2009
Albuquerque Buyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. A 20 year old buying a new Prius. Good for you man! At twenty I didn't have the gumption to go car shopping for something nice. I'm sure your friends and family are proud of you.
And for you Matt, you gotta' realize that 20 year olds all the way to 80 years olds have made the effort to shop at your organization, however, we were dumped on. When do the corporate suites come to Santa Fe to visit with you and Linda? How bout you invite the community and give the suites the truth about the customer service, or lack there of. Or man up and post the corporate address and telephone number where we can complain about the dismal customer service. Better yet, why donesn't Bever Toyota offer a free shuttle to and from American and Karl Malone Toyota in Albuquerque. Save yourself the grief of being lamblasted in your own community. The Beavers should have a vocation that they are good at...say, vacation planner. Linda comes from Florida once a month. That would be enough experience to write a book about vacation planning.
He didn't say he was 20 years old. He said he was a 20 year Santa Fe resident.
Twenty Year Old

Santa Fe, NM

#29 Feb 18, 2009
Iconoclast wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't say he was 20 years old. He said he was a 20 year Santa Fe resident.
No, I disagree. He omitted the word, "old" in his statement.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe, NM

#30 Feb 19, 2009
Why wrote:
...do you call the dealership lousy? If you're going to dog something back up your claim.
I'll give two examples:
2005: We bought a used VW from the dealership. The salesperson convinced me to buy because we would have 3 days to return the vehicle, no questions asked, for any reason should we be dissatisfied with the car and a full refund. 2 days after having the vehicle, warning lights started going off on the dash and so we decided to return it for fear of being stuck with a lemon. I was verbally berated and insulted by the sales manager when I returned the vehicle.
Another example: I bought a used Toyota Tacoma pickup truck at the dealership. Not a month later, I had a flat tire. No big deal, right? Well, when trying to remove the spare, the winch that lowers it wouldn't work, even though I followed the instructions. I even called the dealership for advice. They had none. I had to cut the cable for the winch to access the spare tire. Since I had purchased a warranty, I went to the dealer to replace the winch and wire. I was informed that there was nothing wrong with it (except for cutting it) because there had been installed a theft-proof device which I had no knowledge of because they hadn't told me (which wasn't too useful since all a thief would need are wire cutters). I had to pay to replace the winch.
One reason I chose to use the dealership was the convenient location. Down the end of Cerrillos Road is extremely inconvenient for me.
Capricho

Santa Fe, NM

#31 Mar 4, 2009
Matt Calavan wrote:
<quoted text>
[If problems are presented, I can assure you that they are handled appropriately, in the customer's favor. Our customer service rankings among all Toyota dealership in America are in the top 5%. You are more than welcome to contact me directly at the dealership and tell me about your experience.]
I'm still waiting for you to take your cars off the sidewalk in front of your dealership. Are you that desperate to sell a car?
Don't worry you are not the only dealership. SANTA FE MAZDA AND PONTIAC across the street from each other on Cerrillos Road are the worst. So are some of the used car dealerships.

Any car parked on the sidewalk with as much traffic as there is, should be towed. Maybe one our elected officials might think "wow, a new ordinance is possible" I'm sure the Americans with Disabilities will support you 100%.

AOL

#32 Mar 4, 2009
Capricho wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for you to take your cars off the sidewalk in front of your dealership. Are you that desperate to sell a car?
Don't worry you are not the only dealership. SANTA FE MAZDA AND PONTIAC across the street from each other on Cerrillos Road are the worst. So are some of the used car dealerships.
Any car parked on the sidewalk with as much traffic as there is, should be towed. Maybe one our elected officials might think "wow, a new ordinance is possible" I'm sure the Americans with Disabilities will support you 100%.
As a pedestrian, would you be out of line to walk on a car parked on the sidewalk? Interesting question

Florence, AL

#33 Mar 5, 2009
Linda Beaver called me last week to wish me a happy birthday. That's more than I can say for any of my so called friends.

Those of you who know me are well aware that I don't fit any profile that would inspire sales people to rush to assist me but Aspen Leaf came over and treated me as well as any rich person would expect to be treated and evan long after the sale was made he continued to contact me to make sure everything was ok.

I'm not ready to buy another car yet, I still have 30 more payments on this one but I will continue going to them for my oil changes and other maintanence, not because they treated me well but because they do a good job. Not like the guy at Jiffy Lube who forgot to put the washer in place when he changed the oil filter and it ended up doing over $600 worth of damage. If you read the reciept they give you they always check off that your car needs repairs just to cover themselves for this kind of thing. They would not give me a penny for damages.

At Beaver I feel confident that kind of incompetence would not happen in the first place and if it did I'm sure they would fix it.

Anyway...I was not coerced to make the above statement it's just that I've had so many bad car dealer experiences in my life It was jut a pleasure doing buiseness at Beaver.

Florence, AL

#34 Mar 5, 2009
PS......EVERYBODY there (at Beaver) treates me well every time I go in.
Capricho

Santa Fe, NM

#35 Mar 5, 2009
Pablo Baca wrote:
<quoted text>
As a pedestrian, would you be out of line to walk on a car parked on the sidewalk? Interesting question
I think you have every right to walk on their vehicles if they are parked on the sidewalk. Especially along St. Michaels Drive and Cerrillos Road with all the heavy traffic there. This is not a neighborhood. These are two of the most heavily traveled roads in Northern New Mexico. Too bad law those Barnie 5 Officers that direct traffic don't slap stickers on these cars like they do neighborhood cars. Buts it is all about the money.
I ain't impressed by money or Toyota's.
Peaches from Santa Fe

Santa Fe, NM

#36 Mar 5, 2009
They are Safety Aids Capricho. I think they are future Police Officers. I think once you are 21 you become a police man. It's like the cub and boy scouts I think. You know how you go from cub to boy scouts? Only this is with law enforcement. I stand corrected. Does anybody know? I assume if they stay in the Safety Aid car they haven't passed the test yet. Is this correct?

Santa Fe, NM

#37 Mar 5, 2009
I bought my 2000 Corolla from Sauter because they treated me decently -- unlike the yahoo at American Toyota who refused to quote me any prices unless I was prepared to make a deal THAT DAY, and the clowns at Karl Malone who totally ignored me. So I'm sorry to hear that the Beavers have trashed the dealership's reputation.

Note to auto dealers: I am female. I have money and good credit (both earned). If you treat me like a featherhead who doesn't know cars, or money, I will take my business elsewhere.
Lowlifes

Santa Fe, NM

#41 Mar 5, 2009
posting today.
Your

Santa Fe, NM

#42 Mar 5, 2009
sick racist attitude is not just offensive, but tedious. Give it up.
kay sauter

AOL

#44 May 22, 2009
NM COMMENTS wrote:
i knew a few of the sauters.. i liked them.
then the beavers bought it, and they had some really, really bad salespeople, and after 2 visits, i never went back. this was not long after they opened.
and then, i found out that the blonde lady beaver who does the ads, LOVES appearing in the commercials, but doesn't even stay at the dealership beyond the filming of the ads.. even though she always gives the impression she will greet you personally. she's just there to get her face on televsion.
and i figure.. if the blonde beaver lady doesn't want to greet me like she says in her commercials.. well, then "oh well" i say..
and what is this cr*p about their not wanting to reveal or even hint at plans for that site if they leave???
what is the secret?
what are they holding back?
these beavers are not genuine people. they are just out for the $$$$.
i miss old man sauter... kay? she was cute.. and willy? he would steal a silver cross shaped rattle from his own grandson..
"oh yea?" says willy, "i'll show you..." chug chug chug, "B*E*L*C*H"
I was cute??? thank you!!!!:)
Shirt

Rio Rancho, NM

#46 Jun 8, 2009
Matt Calavan wrote:
[The "blond beaver lady" who does the Beaver Toyota commercials is Linda Beaver. Linda is one of the most beautiful humans you will ever meet. She's a devote Christian, mother of four who would give you the shirt off her back. She's also my sister. My name is Matt Calavan, the General Manager at Beaver Toyota. I am very proud of my team's accomplishments over the past seven years. When we purchased the store in 2002, we faced many opportunities. The store was selling just over 1200 new and used vehicles per year. Last year, our team delivered over 4300 new and used vehicles. We also put our money where our mouth has donated almost $1,000,000 to numerous non-profit and community organizations over the past seven years. We employ 125 outstanding employees making us one of the largest employers in Santa Fe. We've been recognized by Toyota Motor Sales for five years in a row as a Presidential Award winning dealership. This award is given to the top 10% of Toyota dealers in America. We've also receive the Best Dealership Award voted by the readers of the Santa Fe Reporter every year since we' ve been in Santa Fe. I would love to personally visit with you about your experience at the dealership which seems to have happened over seven years ago. You can reach me at the dealership ext. 116. I'm there everyday. I look forward to talking with you.
Regarding our expansion efforts and our plans with our current location? We are looking at all our options and have no immediate plans.]
[i knew a few of the sauters.. i liked them.
then the beavers bought it, and they had some really, really bad salespeople, and after 2 visits, i never went back. this was not long after they opened.
and then, i found out that the blonde lady beaver who does the ads, LOVES appearing in the commercials, but doesn't even stay at the dealership beyond the filming of the ads.. even though she always gives the impression she will greet you personally. she's just there to get her face on televsion.
and i figure.. if the blonde beaver lady doesn't want to greet me like she says in her commercials.. well, then "oh well" i say..
and what is this cr*p about their not wanting to reveal or even hint at plans for that site if they leave???
what is the secret?
what are they holding back?
these beavers are not genuine people. they are just out for the $$$$.
i miss old man sauter... kay? she was cute.. and willy? he would steal a silver cross shaped rattle from his own grandson..
"oh yea?" says willy, "i'll show you..." chug chug chug, "B*E*L*C*H"]
Hey Matt, where can I get your sister's shirt. I really want to be there so I can get it and watch!
Doo

Albuquerque, NM

#47 Jun 8, 2009
Lowlifes wrote:
posting today.
You feel all better and worthy now?
GEM

Rio Rancho, NM

#48 Jun 8, 2009
I was upset as heck when I went to verizon and the dude with the glasses and the 30 thousand workers weren't following me...
NM COMMENTS wrote:
and i figure.. if the blonde beaver lady doesn't want to greet me like she says in her commercials..
George T

Rio Rancho, NM

#49 Jun 8, 2009
I tried buying a car from Toyota (a Prius) but got the run around and the typical BS from low end dealers...they made me wait about 20 minutes while the "saleman" went to talk to the "finance" guy about putting a deal together...I love the fact that they acted as if they were discussing the cure of AIDS...a complete joke. I got tired and walked out when he started to go back to the "finance" guy to ask another question...I'll stick to BMWs.
ToyotaBuyer_x4

Boise, ID

#50 Dec 6, 2009
We have purchased from Sauter and American Toyota, as well as others down through the years. Hate to burst your bubble, but both played games with us just as most dealers and salespeople do. I've also had good experiences at Rich Ford, and bad ones. Montano Acura was the best: James Kao was straight forward and easy to work with.
As for being a "devote Christian" versus SF being a liberal market, who cares either way? We're talking cars here, folks, not whether Druids and Wiccans make better car salespeople. And as a former oil-field worker, pard, I don't wear Birkenstocks when driving our Prius: don't make too many assumptions about folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyers: Trump too busy to face woman's defamat... Dec 11 okimar 21
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... Dec 7 Wayoutthere 8
News The brother botanist: Who was Ars ne Brouard? Dec 1 bohemiangrove 2
News As arrests surge, immigrants fear even driving Nov 29 spud 7
News Trump building wall of bureaucracy to slow ille... Nov 22 tomin cali 2
News New Mexico's population growth slows to crawl Nov 20 faceit 1
News New Mexico lawmakers urged to raise renewable e... Nov '17 Solarman 1
More from around the web